SASS Wire Forum

Pics of your COLD matches

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

It was a low of 8 DegF and a high of 13 DegF ~ but the ROCKFORD REGULATORS enjoyed BLAZIN' AWAY with each others company last weekend :)/>/> (click on the pic in the link to make it bigger)

Thanks to Tin Type Charlie for his dedication of making it to every match and shootin' pics of this motley crew :D/>/>

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Gunner

I'd have the whole posse looking for the fingers that had dropped off my hands.:lol:/>

Good for you guys. :excl:/>

Good pictures

Waimea

:FlagAm:/>

We suffered at our shoot yesterday too. It dropped down below 70 degrees at one point when a cloud hid the sun for a few minutes... but we "Cowboyed up" and pushed on through. ;)

Snakebite

The Paradise Pass Regulators shot Saturday also, we only had 9 brave cowboys. It was around 17 when we started and mid 20's when we stopped. I don't think we had any photographers around. There are a few of us that shoot year around regardless of weather. Spitoon we missed you. Cold and snow doesn't bother me as much as rain, just don't like getting my guns wet.

We shot in February 2010 when it as 8 degrees, coldest I can remember. Nice job on your photos.

Five years ago at the High Ore range south of Helena. If memory serves, we quit after 3 or 4 stages, partly because the snow got so heavy, we had trouble seeing the targets and partly because it was COLD AS HELL! The coffee in my cup froze so fast, the ice was hot! :lol:

PIC 1

PIC 2

Five years ago at the High Ore range south of Helena. If memory serves, we quit after 3 or 4 stages, partly because the snow got so heavy, we had trouble seeing the targets and partly because it was COLD AS HELL! The coffee in my cup froze so fast, the ice was hot! :lol:/>

PIC 1

PIC 2

Plus, we almost had to "chain-up" our gun carts just to make it out of there. :lol:/>

Crybabies. And crybabies from my state too! Lol. Unless you have to blow snow to set targets (and be scared you might hit live ammo doing it) you've got it made.

Crybabies. And crybabies from my state too! Lol. Unless you have to blow snow to set targets (and be scared you might hit live ammo doing it) you've got it made.

Chisler knows of what he speaks! Pay attention to the national weather reports and you'll see West Yellowstone very often claiming the nation's low temperature. A few decades back, from September 1970 to May 1971, West Yellowstone had 251 consecutive days where the daily low dropped to freezing or below. :blink:

What is this crybaby you speak of....we are smiling in our pics ;)/>

GG

I say wear whatever is needed when shooting to be comfortable, during inclimate weather. There are folks right here on this Wire that think folks showing up at any match no matter the weather must wear a cowboy hat. For example they would take exception to a fur hat with ear flaps. Have seen folks threatened with a DQ for wearing improper head gear even when it is snowing. Clubs wonder why they they lose shooters should just look at these photos.

It was a low of 8 DegF and a high of 13 DegF ~ but the ROCKFORD REGULATORS enjoyed BLAZIN' AWAY with each others company last weekend :)/>/>/> (click on the pic in the link to make it bigger)

Thanks to Tin Type Charlie for his dedication of making it to every match and shootin' pics of this motley crew :D/>/>/>

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>

Ok it looks COLD.Before I look at any more pictures Im going to get my coat out of the closet and put it on.Ok Im ready.Still looks Cold :lol:

I say wear whatever is needed when shooting to be comfortable, during inclimate weather. There are folks right here on this Wire that think folks showing up at any match no matter the weather must wear a cowboy hat. For example they would take exception to a fur hat with ear flaps. Have seen folks threatened with a DQ for wearing improper head gear even when it is snowing. Clubs wonder why they they lose shooters should just look at these photos.

Heck...yessir! do what ya want to do in the extremes...we are TOGETHER shootin'.....these days we need more of that!...together and shootin'.

GG~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Well it may not look cold but it was 25 degrees and foggy. Nothing like a moist cold. Fingers had a hard time gettin the lever to work.

Now that's just plain STUPID! :angry: While I haven't done much shooting at all lately (family matters, and probably just gettin' older), I have shot in sub-zero weather. Long, thermal-knit underwear, top & bottom; flannel shirt; wool CW sack coat; wool military overcoat; muskrat cap (similar to what the Army wore in the 1880's); skin-tight leather shooting gloves worn under muskrat mittens hanging from a rawhide thong around my neck and shoulders. On my feet, I will make a concession to safety, I wear rubber shoepacs with cotton socks topped by wool socks. When called to the firing line, the mittens are pulled off, and the leather gloves don't protect much from the cold, but do protect from the wind while I am shooting. Any club that prohibits clothing that could have been found in the 1880's, shouldn't be holding matches under those weather conditions!

Archived