SASS Wire Forum

In the hospital.

Subdeacon Joe

Stopped off at a little bar and grill on the way home from work today (long story, but I got some overtime out of it) for a little snack and a gin-free gin & tonic - with a dash of bitters and some Rose's Lime, good stuff. Anyway there were a couple of, um, substantial ladies in there doing the same, except having beer rather than G&T. I noticed that they had pronounced UK accents. So, being the friendly guy I am, I went over to welcome them to CA, and, as they way of things, said "You don't sound as if you are from around here. Are you two ladies by any chance from Scotland?" Well, you could see them get their backs up at that, and one snapped, "It's WALES, you idiot!"

Well, much taken aback at my faux pas I apologized and tried again. "Oh, I'm so sorry! So, are you two whales from Scotland by any chance?"

I woke up in the hospital. I should be out by Wednesday.

Yep. Them big Scottish gals can pack quite a wallop! :lol:

Yep. Them big Scottish gals can pack quite a wallop! laugh.gif

Ya bet dey can !

Stopped off at a little bar and grill on the way home from work today (long story, but I got some overtime out of it) for a little snack and a gin-free gin & tonic - with a dash of bitters and some Rose's Lime, good stuff. Anyway there were a couple of, um, substantial ladies in there doing the same, except having beer rather than G&T. I noticed that they had pronounced UK accents. So, being the friendly guy I am, I went over to welcome them to CA, and, as they way of things, said "You don't sound as if you are from around here. Are you two ladies by any chance from Scotland?" Well, you could see them get their backs up at that, and one snapped, "It's WALES, you idiot!"

Well, much taken aback at my faux pas I apologized and tried again. "Oh, I'm so sorry! So, are you two whales from Scotland by any chance?"

I woke up in the hospital. I should be out by Wednesday.

You had me going there Joe I thought I new those 2 wales uh I mean ladys :lol:

Archived