SASS Wire Forum

Leno's Planes

Jay leno lately has not made any bones about being against "assault weapons". Perhaps to ought to give up his P-51 and B-17 and other "assualt Planes".

just saying......

Cheyenne

Wow, I thought he only had cars!

How does a goober like that get so rich?

Never mind. Rhetorical question. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:/>/> "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." :rolleyes:/>/>

Saw him last night and was really dissapointed with him. Then I thought, OK Jay, why do you need 500 and 600+HP cars? The speed limit is 55 or 65. I think you should give em' up for the safety of the public. What a jerk!

Jay leno lately has not made any bones about being against "assault weapons". Perhaps to ought to give up his P-51 and B-17 and other "assualt Planes".

just saying......

Cheyenne

Did you even watch the videos on his website....they belong to the collings foundation, jay does not own any airplanes......Doc

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Hey... Cayenne Pepper...

I thought 'bout his planes... here while back.

Agree... and look at the evil polution they cause, as well.

ts

Did you even watch the videos on his website....they belong to the collings foundation, jay does not own any airplanes......Doc

Did i Even???? I went to HIS website and those came up....THEN AFTER YOUR....did you even remark, I agin went to his site and yes I was wrong, it says he only ones ONE aircraft.....The B-17!

Did I even? give me a break.....

Cheyenne, who wouldn't mind a "BTW check out who really owns them etc, Culpepper

Did i Even???? I went to HIS website and those came up....THEN AFTER YOUR....did you even remark, I agin went to his site and yes I was wrong, it says he only ones ONE aircraft.....The B-17!

Did I even? give me a break.....

Cheyenne, who wouldn't mind a "BTW check out who really owns them etc, Culpepper

Cayenne P... don't worry 'bout it... I am convinced that the foundation is a "back-door" method for celebrities to own planes... without showin' up on paper. Allows them to be "holier than thou".

Leno... owns planes. At least... they were originally purchased with his money.

ts

If your talking about the "Nine-O-Nine", its not owned by Leno, but by the Collins Foundation. They also own the B25J "Tondelayo". Leno maybe a contributor to the foundation, but is not on the staff, nor part of the trustees for this organization. Their main grants are to the arts and music field. This B17 is not the original "Nine-O-Nine", but ratherthe 44-83573, and began service as a 'Air-Sea Rescue" plane TB-17H. It was later used as an atomic bomb test blast target, then purchased by a private inividual and restored to a flyable tanker. It has been rebuilt from many spare parts and originally cost 269.00, (it was sold for scrap). Abe Sellard, and Gene Packard bought the plane, first as scrap, then saw the possibilities of restoring it, and not hauling it, but flying it from the scrap yard. They named it the "Lady Yucca". It was later sold to Bob Collings, who had it sent to Tom Reilly and Ed Boyle, here in Kissimmee, Fl. in 1987. I had the chance to fly this B-17 in early 93 and 95.

Jay Leno, as I said, may contribute to the foundation, but is not an owner, and is not on the registry as an owner with the FAA, nor in the registration of the foundation as an owner.

Some of this info I got out of my Flight Logbook, with data and info given to flight crew, which is then used during the tour. I also get yearly readouts still from the foundation, and a honorary voting member, I don't see Lenos name on officers either. MT

If your talking about the "Nine-O-Nine", its not owned by Leno, but by the Collins Foundation. They also own the B25J "Tondelayo". Leno maybe a contributor to the foundation, but is not on the staff, nor part of the trustees for this organization. Their main grants are to the arts and music field. This B17 is not the original "Nine-O-Nine", but ratherthe 44-83573, and began service as a 'Air-Sea Rescue" plane TB-17H. It was later used as an atomic bomb test blast target, then purchased by a private inividual and restored to a flyable tanker. It has been rebuilt from many spare parts and originally cost 269.00, (it was sold for scrap). Abe Sellard, and Gene Packard bought the plane, first as scrap, then saw the possibilities of restoring it, and not hauling it, but flying it from the scrap yard. They named it the "Lady Yucca". It was later sold to Bob Collings, who had it sent to Tom Reilly and Ed Boyle, here in Kissimmee, Fl. in 1987. I had the chance to fly this B-17 in early 93 and 95.

Jay Leno, as I said, may contribute to the foundation, but is not an owner, and is not on the registry as an owner with the FAA, nor in the registration of the foundation as an owner.

Some of this info I got out of my Flight Logbook, with data and info given to flight crew, which is then used during the tour. I also get yearly readouts still from the foundation, and a honorary voting member, I don't see Lenos name on officers either. MT

Well... Troop...

Yore word has always been rock solid... unquestionable... and certainly... better than enuff fer a low-life like me.

Could be... that I am readin' stuff into data... that ain't there.

ts

Glad to know that Leno is not flying around over my head.

Bad enough Travolta does it.

I hear his 707 has a massage table.

Did I say that out loud? :unsure:

Archived