SASS Wire Forum

Bullet Casters Must Have Book!

Rancho Roy

I recently joined the "Cast Bullet Association" as I've discovered the great hobby of casting my own bullets for long range "Buffalo Shoots" and Cowboy Action Shooting.

The CBA offers a fantastic book, 496 pages, mostly prepared by members, on absolutely everything you'd ever want to know and more about bullet casting.

castbulletbook-vi.jpg

Other than being a member, I have no affiliation with the organization. I just thought I'd pass on a fantastic resource.

$29.95 (Inc Shipping to US)

Send Check To:

CBA

Eunice Birmley

Director of Services

47 Pinon

Cimarron, NM 87714

I recently joined the "Cast Bullet Association" as I've discovered the great hobby of casting my own bullets for long range "Buffalo Shoots" and Cowboy Action Shooting.

The CBA offers a fantastic book, 496 pages, mostly prepared by members, on absolutely everything you'd ever want to know and more about bullet casting.

castbulletbook-vi.jpg

Other than being a member, I have no affiliation with the organization. I just thought I'd pass on a fantastic resource.

$29.95 (Inc Shipping to US)

Send Check To:

CBA

Eunice Birmley

Director of Services

47 Pinon

Cimarron, NM 87714

Does the publisher of the book have a web site?

Never mind.....I found it.

if you join yahoo group cast bullets. you can download it for free.

How do you do this?

if you join yahoo group cast bullets. you can download it for free.

Worth reading ... if more casters would read references such as these there would be substantially less basic questions on how to cast

OK, you found the free book from Joe, now spend a few bucks and buy the Lyman Casting Handbook 4th Edition also. It has a 'how to' chapter by Mike Venturino and a very extensive multi page chapter related to how alloys interact - lead-tin-antimony & arsenic, graphs and aging charts. Plus loading data for nearly every caliber including Lyman molds and 'finally' other vendor bullet molds... http://www.midwayusa.com/product/867465/lyman-cast-bullet-handbook-4th-edition-book

If I started to cast all I would need is a first aid manual. ;)

Archived