SASS Wire Forum

A.C.E.S scoring view from my saddle.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

We have used this program for several of our matches at our club and I can say YEE HAW!!! - it makes my life easy scoring and sending results right to my Web Admin and he has scores posted that day, just bought a wireless printer and the score sheets are printed by the time everybody has put their guns away! We would like to see one report fixed where all the stages are on the same page when you print them out , I'm thinking its a font issue.

Serving Justice

Why Miss Allie.....I i will have to look into that...would love to see you and catch up with my twin sister..... :)

Justice..........we are working on that............thanks for the feedback.........

We just got done our ACES follow-up to Fire and Ice................good meeting with two of the engineers and Pitt, Major Pain, JT, Desert Jewel & Second Fiddle Sue................

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions - we went over a lot of stuff and almost all of it was on relevant ... and we will be doing some changes and updates to provide you with a better product..........

We discussed at length the need for more communication on operating the APP..........as many items / issues were solvable when you know where to go to get the info you need.............we will be making a couple more videos to help with that............

We will be bringing a new face to the "ACES Traveling Road Show" in the near future.......it was discussed and approved......... can't tell ya right now tho..................so let the Anticipation begin..............Kewl....

Ok folks............all for now...........be well////////regards.......Wolf

WWW, It was a pleasure shooting with you on the warm up stages on Wednesday. I think we had the only dry time during the that day and we got done before the snow set in.

We used the ACES program to score about half of our posse at the main match. Worked great. Hopefully you guys figure out something to let the shooter confirm his/her score as we do at the bigger matches by signing the score sheet.

Take care my friend,

TB

I was at Fire & Ice and did some of the scoring with ACES. It took about 3 minutes to show me how it worked. Our posse had an iPod. I'm not a super-tech person, maybe average or a little below, don't own any Mac products and just went to an Android phone a few months ago. It is pretty intuitive/easy to use while on the range and sure does make the awards happen faster! (I would say the iPad or Nook might be a better option if you have a lot of eyes over forty on the posse as they are bigger.) We kept a paper backup - no more trouble than doing sheets and cards, maybe less. The RO watches you punch it in, you hit the button, done. If you accidentally double-tap (as someone mentioned, the miss count sometimes was slow to "take") clearing and doing it over is not a problem. Finding the next shooter when you don't shoot in order is WAY easier than shuffling paper cards and the risk of getting off a line on paper sheets is gone. I think the worry about getting the wrong score recorded might be misunderstanding of how this works. It's pretty idiot-proof as far as use on the range during the match. Somebody that knows what they are doing should manage the central computer. I expect large clubs and big matches will all be using this shortly.

Yep, a great app. :wub: We just use it on our iphones at present. Haven't yet got an ipad??

We've started using it at our club matches now, and we can have the scores on their computers before they get home?? If the shooter's a contact in your phone, you can email it straight away! :)

We also keep a paper sheet, cause you can then check for any errors and the shooters can see at a glance their score when they want to have a look during the course of the day. :o

As a member of the A.C.E.S. Traveling Roadshow I've searched high and low for you! Alas and alack I haven't seen you! Our loss!

The A.C.E.S. system continues to grow from wonderful suggestions from a growing list of users. I've seen so many folks, who are say they are not "tech savvy" learn the scoring and usage of the app in a very short time. They are surprised at how "user friendly" it is.

Hope to see you again one day soon.

Good shootin!

Major Pain

Archived