SASS Wire Forum

"Face palm" doesn't even start to cover it.

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/01/4224-report-to-schools-gun-ownership-bill/

A Missouri Democrat wants to force parents to inform school officials of firearms ownership.

“We are not trying to take away anyone’s gun, period,” State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal told KMOV in St. Louis. “We’re not even asking what kind of gun you have. We want the school district to be able to say, ‘you know what, there are some really terrible things going on right now,’ and we need to be able to talk to the parent that we know they have a gun and make sure that there is security, that this gun is stored securely.”

The proposed law would criminalize and impose a $100 fine on parents who fail to inform public and private school officials and $1,000 they are found guilty of “negligent storage of a firearm” and fail to notify a school that they own a firearm.

“It’s the next idea in a long list of proposed ideas for gun control: Making it mandatory for parents to notify their children’s schools about their gun supply,” reports KCTV in Kansas City.

I bet she supports abortion because it is a "private matter between a woman and her doctor." And gay rights because "it isn't anyone elses business what consenting adults do behind closed door." And not having mental patients on a national register of prohibited gun owners because of "patient confidentiality." But, by gosh! Those devil gun owners need to be made known to the public! Gun ownership - the "sex crime" of 2013.

The Principal of my kid's elementary School knows I own guns, and knows I take the kids shooting. If she ever asks me how many I own I will tell he none of her business, just like I did with some other things she asked. She would probably love this law being the control freak she is. I have told my kids, if anyone asks if we have guns, the only answer they are allowed to say is of course, don't you?, and that's it.

"We want the school district to be able to say, ‘you know what, there are some really terrible things going on right now,’ and we need to be able to talk to the parent that we know they have a gun and make sure that there is security, that this gun is stored securely.”

Ha Ha Ha! That ditz wants to teach us about guns?

And if you don't tell them if you have a gun, they're going to fine you a hundred bucks!!!!! (Oh, give me strength!! :wacko: )

Don't you understand?

Introduce a bill to your particular legislative body that mentions "gun control" and you get your name in the papers.

As they say there is no such thing as bad publicity when you are a politician.

I would prefer that all politicians register if they perform unnatural sex acts.

Don't you understand?

Introduce a bill to your particular legislative body that mentions "gun control" and you get your name in the papers.

As they say there is no such thing as bad publicity when you are a politician.

I would prefer that all politicians register if they perform unnatural sex acts.

Gun Safety is the new buzzword I've noticed.

To me that means locking my safe or making sure my chamber's clear. :rolleyes:

And just how will they know? Call all the kids into the office one by one and ask Billy and Jane if there are guns in the house?

Yep, that's it exactly. And, kids being kids, they'll say, "Yeah, my dad's got lots of 'em!"

Hey, Senator, how about we make it MANDATORY for you to report how much beer or booze you have in your house> How about legal or illegal drugs, knives, sex toys, peanut butter, or lunch meat you have in your house?

IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS if i have guns just like the questions above are none of mine.....unless one of us abuses them in some way.!!!

Hey, Senator, how about we make it MANDATORY for you to report how much beer or booze you have in your house> How about legal or illegal drugs, knives, sex toys, peanut butter, or lunch meat you have in your house?

IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS if i have guns just like the questions above are none of mine.....unless one of us abuses them in some way.!!!

At which point it turns into giggling gossip! :D

Archived