SASS Wire Forum

Texas State 2013-you can go fast just getting there

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

One of the many nice things about having the state shoot at the Agarita Ranch near Lockhart, Texas is that you can go really fast even before you get there. The new Central Texas tollway, Hwy 130, has an 85 mph speed limit on large portions of the road that makes those miles zip by! And if you are coming from the north, you can get on in Round Rock off I35 and skip Austin altogether.

Not only that, the toll road builders placed a convenient exit (Hwy 142 exit) just a few miles from the range. When you get off, go down the frontage road, and you will eventually hit a deadend. Turn left, follow the road and it takes you to Hwy 20, cross that, follow the road to the Pin Tail Road turnoff that you will take and follow to the entrance to Agarita Ranch and you are there. Here is a link to the website for more detailed directions. PCCSS website-location

One warning though for those with trailers, 5th wheels, or motor homes. The local boys didn't make the local road off 130 to the intersection with Hwy 20 very wide, and the dip at Hwy 20 is so deep, I fear that most 5th wheels and motor homes would suffer. If you have one of those. I would suggest you take the scenic route through Lockhart (you need to see where all the Bar BQ joints and grocery stores are anyway) and then turn at the Dairy Queen/Whataburger intersection and follow Hwy 20 out to the turn toward Agarita Ranch.

If you haven't signed up yet, the 2013 SASS Texas State Championship is May 2-5. You can get a copy of the registration form and more details here Come on out and play!

Archived