SASS Wire Forum

12 Gu Stoger

Hi Pards (SOLD PENDING FUNDS)

I have a 12 Gu Stoger double trigger that has been my back up gun, This is a full race prepared double in near mint condition one mark on the reciever and that is all. ( This shotgun was prepared by Jimmy Spurs) Is an excelent shotgun but i just bought a SKB and do not need it any more If interested email me and i will send you some pictures of the shotgun. Asking $550 or resonable offers considers shipped to your ffl. They must be willing to take a gun from an non ffl. LOP 14" Barrell length 20" too nice to pass up.

Contact
Connectyicut Yankee

Well you would have a hell of a nice shotgun, have not seen one as good all tricked out and smooth.

I was not at the shoot in october as i was in Florida at that time. I spend 6 months here and 6 in COnnecticut. Keep in touch if i do not sell it i might be able to do a little better if you are interesteds, i lived in NB next to Central for about 3 years and married a girl from NB.

Good Luck

Conn. Yankee

This is the first firearm I've seen for sale here that's from my own state.

I was at the bushwackers shoot in Oct as a watcher. Wish I had the money right now. I'd snap it up.

Hi Pards

I have a 12 Gu Stoger double trigger that has been my back up gun, This is a full race prepared double in near mint condition one mark on the reciever and that is all. Is an excelent shotgun but i just bought a SKB and do not need it any more If interested email me and i will send you some pictures of the shotgun. Asking $600 shipped to your ffl. They must be willing to take a gun from an non ffl. LOP 14" Barrell length 20" too nice to pass up.

Contact

Connectyicut Yankee

CY is a good friend who takes excellent care of his guns. I promise that whoever buys this one won't be disappointed!

btt

Hi Pards

I have a 12 Gu Stoger double trigger that has been my back up gun, This is a full race prepared double in near mint condition one mark on the reciever and that is all. Is an excelent shotgun but i just bought a SKB and do not need it any more If interested email me and i will send you some pictures of the shotgun. Asking $600 shipped to your ffl. They must be willing to take a gun from an non ffl. LOP 14" Barrell length 20" too nice to pass up.

Contact

Connectyicut Yankee

Man,talk about people trashing someones post. The way I see it is he has the right to ask whatever he feels like and shouldn't be bothered by people's negative responses. If you don't like the price,

don't buy it.

Johnny Meadows

Man,talk about people trashing someones post. The way I see it is he has the right to ask whatever he feels like and shouldn't be bothered by people's negative responses. If you don't like the price,

don't buy it.

Johnny Meadows

Yup!!! Some taint got no manners at all...

BTW CY is a good dude...

Cheyenne

Even in these panic buy times putting TWO prices on the most common cowboy shotgun could be considered just a little rude too. Pards just starting out need to know what's what. I usually bite my tongue when I see pards asking outrageous prices but two times overcame my usual tongue damage. A pard certainly has a right to ask whatever he wants but if it is too far out of line then the bets are off and other pards are free to point out the facts of life.

Now then all that said maybe this Stoeger has been slicked up real good by some smith that the work involved makes it worth the extra money. I have two Stoegers done up like that that I would not take 600 for. Nor will they ever be for sale. I like them as much as my SKB I gave twice 6 for.

Everything is relative. In the OP seller states gun is "full race prepared". ? What all does that entail? What work? How much work? Who did the work? Depending on the answers to these questions a common Stoeger may be elevated to be worth 6. But it is unlikely to fetch that here on the SASS Wahr Classyfieds. What with cowfolk being the thrifty bunch that we are. Just the way it is out west.

Hi Pards

Well let m e explain myself on my stoger, i bought the thing brand new and paid $450 for it and then sent it out to have it tricked out and paid $350, it has been my back up gun and it shoots as well as my two SKB'S it is in pristine conditgion no cart marks one scratch from a cowboy who i let borrow it as his broke down and when he was putting the shells in missed and scratched the blueing next to the reviever. Jimmy SPurs tricked out this shotgun for me and did a fabulous job, it has been honed coned safety detached dropped for easy loading etc. I really dont care if i sell it or not but i have already turned down $500 for it since i put it on the wire and it was from an experienced shooter of cowboy after i told him what has been done to it and its condition. I normaly do not mind ctitisicsm but this is too much from fellow cowboys. You may not think it is worth what i am asking but i own it and can ask what ever i want. I usually appreciate good coments but this is a little much. If you are not interested dont buy it. I am sorry if i am comming accross to hard but my butt is sore from the chewing i am getting. I would like to thank the cowboys that have come to my defence for standing up for me. I have never cheated anyone and all the weapons i have sold over the years i have not had one person not come back and say it was miss represente or overpriced for it s condition.

Sorry for the rant but i could not help it.

Connecticut Yankee

Hi Pards

Well let m e explain myself on my stoger, i bought the thing brand new and paid $450 for it and then sent it out to have it tricked out and paid $350, it has been my back up gun and it shoots as well as my two SKB'S it is in pristine conditgion no cart marks one scratch from a cowboy who i let borrow it as his broke down and when he was putting the shells in missed and scratched the blueing next to the reviever. Jimmy SPurs tricked out this shotgun for me and did a fabulous job, it has been honed coned safety detached dropped for easy loading etc. I really dont care if i sell it or not but i have already turned down $500 for it since i put it on the wire and it was from an experienced shooter of cowboy after i told him what has been done to it and its condition. I normaly do not mind ctitisicsm but this is too much from fellow cowboys. You may not think it is worth what i am asking but i own it and can ask what ever i want. I usually appreciate good coments but this is a little much. If you are not interested dont buy it. I am sorry if i am comming accross to hard but my butt is sore from the chewing i am getting. I would like to thank the cowboys that have come to my defence for standing up for me. I have never cheated anyone and all the weapons i have sold over the years i have not had one person not come back and say it was miss represente or overpriced for it s condition.

Sorry for the rant but i could not help it.

Connecticut Yankee

don't apologize for being right.

had this been my thread, I would probably used some much stronger language in self defense.

just remember, there are folks out there that have NO intention of buying ANYTHING, but always have something to contribute to everyone elses threads.

just hang in there, pard

we're here for ya

No need to apologize. Let me say that I apologize to you if I caused you any consternation with my comments. That said, if you had put in all the work done to the gun and that it was done by JS in the OP then just maybe some of us would not of had to ask the questions we did.

But now that you have told the rest of the story then you bet the gun is well worth the asking price. If a pard needs a good shotgun this one would be a good race ready option at a fair price. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived