SASS Wire Forum

two thirds of US gun owners would defy gun ban

Six-Shot

Fortune CAN favor the brave. or ya just get beat up and not appreciated for it. Some day Randy Weaver might have statues erected for his family. Fat lot of good it does em....

I'm NOT gonna be that guy. Much as a part of me wants to say "molon Labe", if they do, I will raise holy heck, but ultimately won't die for my guns and leave my family without what I CAN give them, me.

AJ, I ask this question respectfully. Would have felt the same way five years ago?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Percenters

What is a "Three Percenter"?

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat...Fortune Favors the Brave

I appreciate the history lesson, I really do, but I don't see an organized effort to form a fighting force on the the civilian side. This could never happen spontaneously and even the colonist met, made commitments, made plans, made preparations and so forth. So far all we got is LEOs saying they won't enforce certain mandates and individuals saying they will fight or bow down alog with millions of letters/calls/emails to politicians. That's about it.

Ultimately we may have the squeeze put on us by something in healthcare or taxation.

I hope I am not speaking out of turn by what I have gathered from my peers here but what Madd Mike, Brother King and myself drive at so much is the total assault on Americans, particularly I might add on the middle class. We are being attacked on the basis of free speech, mobility, taxation, property rights, religious freedom and so forth, not to mention 2A. The whole thing is to change our way of lives, mind set and thinking to one of centralized planning and control. This whole notion to capitulate without question to authority to a confounded collectivist society is the goal, regardless how illogical or how the facts in any matter may morph and contradict themselves.

Sure, the colonist did this and the colonist did that, but the colonist had a whole long list of complaints too and a somewhat organized resistance to address them. Where is our movement? Where is our George Washington or Thomas Jefferson or Ben Franklin? Where are the tangible assets to our resistance? In a PC hard drive?

Our opponents know all these separate issues may very well splinter us ultimately unless we come up with some broad reaching united front of resistance, which is doubtful so long as folks choose to simply only care about only one or two issues. I am afraid the opposition will simply continue to have small victories here and there in taxation, in policing speech, in taxation etc etc. All combined it will only amount to an insurmountable bureaucracy.

I hope I am not speaking out of turn by what I have gathered from my peers here but what Madd Mike, Brother King and myself drive at so much is the total assault on Americans

Who am I "chopped liver"? Apparently you don't read what I write? What do you propose? A militia? If you know of one or start one, count me "in"! Name the place and the time and I'll be there.

Talk of armed resistance at this point plays right into the hands of the gun grabbers.

Political action and grass roots support is what's needed.

Our last internal armed dustup was very messy and we still feel the effects.

AJ, I ask this question respectfully. Would have felt the same way five years ago?

Deuce, No, I would not. Five years ago I lived in the fantasy of a prolonged youth, where life still seemed to be forever, and mortality was a fiction. It's one thing to be young and full of the sense of immortality (kids get killed on crotch rockets all the time), it is quite another to have had a long heart to heart with "grim" (or had a dear one very close for a long time) and lived to talk about it. It changes a man. I'm not scared of dying, au contraire, I VALUE my life and my ability to meaningfully contribute to the lives of those I love much more than I did then.

If the ONLY thing I had of value was to stand on my front porch and do a "Ruby Ridge", I might. I'm "seasoned" enough to have learned my kids and a few others feel I have more to offer, and I'm tailoring MY life to that.

Steven, would you look your wife or baby in the eye and tell em you were gonna risk death for something you PROBABLY will never need to defend them or yourself? (though admittedly you might?) Would you really??? Would you deprive your child of YOU being at their graduation or wedding over a potential problem not there yet? that's what it would come down to if the federales come a calling with an APC and body armor.

Talk of armed resistance at this point plays right into the hands of the gun grabbers.

Political action and grass roots support is what's needed.

Our last internal armed dustup was very messy and we still feel the effects.

"Governments are instituted amoung men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government."

Guest Texas Jack Black

I read an awful lot of tough talk .I would suggest anyone talking tough to list their military background or any other service. Better yet list your actual combat experience ;)

I read an awful lot of tough talk .I would suggest anyone talking tough to list their military background or any other service. Better yet list your actual combat experience ;)/>

Not me. I yam a confirmed coward. :D

Think about it, has Obama ever really done anything on his own, ever? No.

Fall Guy!

Think about it, has Obama ever really done anything on his own, ever? No.

The shotgun shooters don't give a hoot for the bad rifle shooters, the rifle shooters have no use for a pistol shooter, the pistol shooter has no use for the shotgun or rifle shooter, washington DC just wants to pick off part by part by part one step at a time. Best to stay together. GN

I read an awful lot of tough talk .I would suggest anyone talking tough to list their military background or any other service. Better yet list your actual combat experience ;)/>/>/>

So you are of the belief that only folks with military experience can be tough.

You are definitely a leftist troll, put hear on the wire to promote who knows what??.

A person does not have to be a graduate from West Point, later to achieve a chest full of medals, to be tough. Nor do they have to have a military background at all.

Definition of TOUGH

a: strong or firm in texture but flexible and not brittle

b: not easily chewed <tough meat>

: GLUTINOUS, STICKY

: characterized by severity or uncompromising determination <tough laws> <tough discipline>

: capable of enduring strain, hardship, or severe labor <tough soldiers>

: very hard to influence : STUBBORN <a tough negotiator>

: difficult to accomplish, resolve, endure, or deal with <a tough question> <tough luck>

: stubbornly fought <a tough contest>

: UNRULY, ROWDYISH <a tough gang>

: marked by absence of softness or sentimentality <a tough critic>

I Madd-Mike am NOT flexible about my feelings with regards to our second amendment rights, I am also determined to fight in order to maintain those rights, no matter how difficult the battle may become. There are many capable citizens’ that will stubbornly continue with the endless battels to influence others to the cause. Banning anything with regards to our right to bear arms,has already been proven under the Clinton ban, to be ineffective with regards to the bill of goods that was sold, as it will make us safer.

As many of us know, the second amendment is not about hunting, it's not even about guns, it's about the right of ordinary citizens to overthrow a tyranical government (see my previous post #42 quote from the Declaration of Independence the document that this country was founded on). It has nothing to do with "military experience". The irony is that the troll is from Massachusetts where it all began! He must be from a lineage of Tories.

Guest Texas Jack Black

So you are of the belief that only folks with military experience can be tough.

You are definitely a leftist troll, put hear on the wire to promote who knows what??.

A person does not have to be a graduate from West Point, later to achieve a chest full of medals, to be tough. Nor do they have to have a military background at all.

Definition of TOUGH

a: strong or firm in texture but flexible and not brittle

b: not easily chewed <tough meat>

: GLUTINOUS, STICKY

: characterized by severity or uncompromising determination <tough laws> <tough discipline>

: capable of enduring strain, hardship, or severe labor <tough soldiers>

: very hard to influence : STUBBORN <a tough negotiator>

: difficult to accomplish, resolve, endure, or deal with <a tough question> <tough luck>

: stubbornly fought <a tough contest>

: UNRULY, ROWDYISH <a tough gang>

: marked by absence of softness or sentimentality <a tough critic>

I Madd-Mike am NOT flexible about my feelings with regards to our second amendment rights, I am also determined to fight in order to maintain those rights, no matter how difficult the battle may become. There are many capable citizens’ that will stubbornly continue with the endless battels to influence others to the cause. Banning anything with regards to our right to bear arms,has already been proven under the Clinton ban, to be ineffective with regards to the bill of goods that was sold, as it will make us safer.

You said you would stand and fight,Good for you,Have you ever had to fire on another human being? have you ever been fired on? are you willing to KILL your neighbor?Some of us have been unfortunate and have had had to take the life of another and when I read all this tough talk it saddens me. You also did not answer WHAT are your qualifications ??

I do wish you well with your coming fire fight with the government.

Deuce, No, I would not. Five years ago I lived in the fantasy of a prolonged youth, where life still seemed to be forever, and mortality was a fiction. It's one thing to be young and full of the sense of immortality (kids get killed on crotch rockets all the time), it is quite another to have had a long heart to heart with "grim" (or had a dear one very close for a long time) and lived to talk about it. It changes a man. I'm not scared of dying, au contraire, I VALUE my life and my ability to meaningfully contribute to the lives of those I love much more than I did then.

If the ONLY thing I had of value was to stand on my front porch and do a "Ruby Ridge", I might. I'm "seasoned" enough to have learned my kids and a few others feel I have more to offer, and I'm tailoring MY life to that.

Steven, would you look your wife or baby in the eye and tell em you were gonna risk death for something you PROBABLY will never need to defend them or yourself? (though admittedly you might?) Would you really??? Would you deprive your child of YOU being at their graduation or wedding over a potential problem not there yet? that's what it would come down to if the federales come a calling with an APC and body armor.

AJ, thanks for answering my question. I don't get into these kind of debates on here anymore due to the fact that there are too many small people on here that get off on trying to cyber bully others just because they disagree. Sending you a pm.

Seems everybody knows what they will do. Until it comes time to truly do it.

Not until then do you really know what you would do.

Some people you would think would stand and fight will run like a little girl.

Some of those little girls might stand and fight.

Ya never know. Til it comes time.

You only think you know what you would do.

Just my opinion.

AJ, thanks for answering my question. I don't get into these kind of debates on here anymore due to the fact that there are too many small people on here that get off on trying to cyber bully others just because they disagree. Sending you a pm.

Great observance. ...100%

GG

Just my opinion.

Agree with you 100% on this AL

Howdy

Follow the money ,,,,,, Cut off the Public Funding that the Anti's are using to beat up on you ....

Start a NEW political Party (as we did in Canada)one that believes in preserving indevidule rights and believes in one vote Per.

And one that will promise to defend all property rights,,,, Suport them (it takes time)with your time ,talents and money...

It has worked in Canada, We have been sucessful in ridding Canada of our "Long-gun" registry and kept the "Gunshow" law from 1995 ever being put into effect (and it is now in the process of being repealed)...

And believe Me it is far HARDER to get ridd of bad law, than to STOP it before it becomes Law ...

I have been a single issue voter for almost 40 years ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The ISSUE GUN RIGHTS !!!!

I come from a very long line of Folk that have fought, and some have died,,, for the GOD given Right to be FREE !!!!

I am of Viking and Scotish heritage ,,,,, and can proudly say while some have died ,,,, They have Died but once and left a heritage of those willing to live free or Die... The Free-man dies but once and not the death of a "Thousand cuts" as does the coward afraid to stand and be counted ... The free man gives his life for the cause ,,,, It is NOT TAKEN from HIM !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Just my opinion.

Yup

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

You said you would stand and fight,Good for you,Have you ever had to fire on another human being? have you ever been fired on? are you willing to KILL your neighbor?Some of us have been unfortunate and have had had to take the life of another and when I read all this tough talk it saddens me. You also did not answer WHAT are your qualifications ??

I do wish you well with your coming fire fight with the government.

You give up all your clues one by one in your statements. Your are totally a liberal, admit it, you ask me what my qualification are so that I can defend myself, a god given right, written down in our official documents of this hear United States of America. Shame on you, now someone or something (government) has to qualify me.

You sure sound like a big government – big – brother type of guy to me, but that’s ok, no wonder you stick out like a troll.

If someone is dumb enough to try to disarm me, let them try, even if they are better qualified, like the blue helmet United Nations guys (NOT) or whoever they send.

If they send seals, I am screwed for sure, but I will still spray paint their helmet camera on the way down….

You be leftist and all, I am sure you are happy – happy – happy that in the first 100 days, important stuff like gun control and amnesty is being dolt with instead of budgetary spending, unemployment, stagnant economy etc.

You can stand up for what you believe in, as can I, we can also agree to disagree. At least I do not go fishing on leftist web sites.

Yikes, even pre-military aged kids can be tought to be tough enough, to defend themselfs when put in danger.

sassmaddmike@yahoo.com

Guest Texas Jack Black

You give up all your clues one by one in your statements. Your are totally a liberal, admit it, you ask me what my qualification are so that I can defend myself, a god given right, written down in our official documents of this hear United States of America. Shame on you, now someone or something (government) has to qualify me.

You sure sound like a big government – big – brother type of guy to me, but that’s ok, no wonder you stick out like a troll.

If someone is dumb enough to try to disarm me, let them try, even if they are better qualified, like the blue helmet United Nations guys (NOT) or whoever they send.

If they send seals, I am screwed for sure, but I will still spray paint their helmet camera on the way down….

You be leftist and all, I am sure you are happy – happy – happy that in the first 100 days, important stuff like gun control and amnesty is being dolt with instead of budgetary spending, unemployment, stagnant economy etc.

You can stand up for what you believe in, as can I, we can also agree to disagree. At least I do not go fishing on leftist web sites.

Yikes, even pre-military aged kids can be tought to be tough enough, to defend themselfs when put in danger.

sassmaddmike@yahoo.com

What danger are you in? If you are in need of assistance there are programs that can help. You do have a right to defend yourself as long as you follow the law ,and there lies the rub.This country of ours is a country of laws .We have the responsibility to vote and like it or not we must ALL abide by the outcome .

You call me a LIB well aren't we all Liberal and conservative at times? I consider myself a moderate And you are???

Best wishes

There-in is the answer ,,,,, You offer Mad Mike ,PROGRAMS if he is in trouble ,,,, Well If he is in trouble I will offer my assistance !!!

It's all about personal rights and responsibilities and the ability and Means to act on one's behalf ,,,, That and standing shoulder to shoulder with freedom minded folk ...

Don't give me another Program ,,,, Let me help myself and my neighbor ....

Government is best left to govern and to stay out of the scocia engineering and our Homes ...

Jabez Cowboy

Guest Texas Jack Black

There-in is the answer ,,,,, You offer Mad Mike ,PROGRAMS if he is in trouble ,,,, Well If he is in trouble I will offer my assistance !!!

It's all about personal rights and responsibilities and the ability and Means to act on one's behalf ,,,, That and standing shoulder to shoulder with freedom minded folk ...

Don't give me another Program ,,,, Let me help myself and my neighbor ....

Government is best left to govern and to stay out of the scocia engineering and our Homes ...

Jabez Cowboy

I forgot, you are right we should do away with ALL those programs that are for our VETERANS, and let's not forget our wounded soldiers do away with their PROGRAMS too. :blink:

Guest Texas Jack Black

If someone is breaking into my house.

I have not seen a program yet that would help when I needed it.

A good firearms training program could help. ;)

Al

During World War II in the Pacific, the US divised a "island hopping" strategy. Although many islands contained the enemy, we only went after the ones that meant something to the big picture. The ones that meant nothing were left to starve and wither on the vine. We cut off their nutritional supply and means of support. Some forms of these islands exist to this very day. I suggest bypassing them and cutting them off.

CS

What danger are you in? If you are in need of assistance there are programs that can help. You do have a right to defend yourself as long as you follow the law ,and there lies the rub.This country of ours is a country of laws .We have the responsibility to vote and like it or not we must ALL abide by the outcome .

You call me a LIB well aren't we all Liberal and conservative at times? I consider myself a moderate And you are???

Best wishes

So what you are saying is kind of like this:

There is a natural disaster, let’s say an earthquake in California, close to where I am in Nevada. Let us say also conclude that the earthquake in California does damage to the grid, that effects all of the retail stores in Pahrump, and they run out of food and gas in 48 hours. Let us say for the sake of argument that, I have a house full of food, well water, and a generator to run the well, I have chickens and fresh eggs in my yard as well.

So you are telling me that there should be a government program to support me when hoodlums descend upon my domicile to take what they can including doing: possible harm to family members and my granddaughter that would most likely be here under those circumstances

Yup, you are correct, the federal program is called the second amendment, which refers to my right to bear arms, and protect life – limb – property. Yup they also have 911, so I will call them just for the record, to do all the requirede paper work when they - if they arrive.

And that my leftist comrade, is exactly what the NRA backs and supports 24 / 7.

The NRA backs personal freedom, not big government taking those freedoms away from me and many others.

Your references to taking away veterans rights are very absurd, NO one, I say NO_ONE, is requesting that.

You can always tell if someone is a "lib" when they inadvertently say in the course of a conversation that "there otta' be a law" or there "should be a program" for this or that . . . It's a "dead giveaway"! Big government . . . tax and spend using everyone elses money.

. . . . oh . . . and I almost forgot . . . make sure you take away everyone elses rights so they can't do anything about it.

You can always tell if someone is a "lib" when they inadvertently say in the course of a conversation that "there otta' be a law" or there "should be a program" for this or that . . . It's a "dead giveaway"! Big government . . . tax and spend using everyone elses money.

. . . . oh . . . and I almost forgot . . . make sure you take away everyone elses rights so they can't do anything about it.

Yep! And, another name a Lib will call themselves is "Moderate". Either you are or you aren't something. Fence sitters are just ready to go which ever way the wind is blowing. :wacko:

Yep! And, another name a Lib will call themselves is "Moderate". Either you are or you aren't something. Fence sitters are just ready to go which ever way the wind is blowing. :wacko:/>/>/>

Yep, and another "dead giveaway" is they describe themselves as "middle of the road" . . . you know . . . those driver's who stay in the middle lane on the interstate highway and either pull to the left or to the right at the last second when they want to get off! They are like "a dead skunk in the middle of the road stinkin' to high heaven".

Guest Texas Jack Black

So what you are saying is kind of like this:

There is a natural disaster, let’s say an earthquake in California, close to where I am in Nevada. Let us say also conclude that the earthquake in California does damage to the grid, that effects all of the retail stores in Pahrump, and they run out of food and gas in 48 hours. Let us say for the sake of argument that, I have a house full of food, well water, and a generator to run the well, I have chickens and fresh eggs in my yard as well.

So you are telling me that there should be a government program to support me when hoodlums descend upon my domicile to take what they can including doing: possible harm to family members and my granddaughter that would most likely be here under those circumstances

Yup, you are correct, the federal program is called the second amendment, which refers to my right to bear arms, and protect life – limb – property. Yup they also have 911, so I will call them just for the record, to do all the requirede paper work when they - if they arrive.

And that my leftist comrade, is exactly what the NRA backs and supports 24 / 7.

The NRA backs personal freedom, not big government taking those freedoms away from me and many others.

Your references to taking away veterans rights are very absurd, NO one, I say NO_ONE, is requesting that.

In your rants you say you will KILL our troops or anyone else, Sheriffs ,State police etc .So I would be considered a LIB if I say I will not Violate the LAW and fire on them. Have a nice day

Yep! And, another name a Lib will call themselves is "Moderate". Either you are or you aren't something. Fence sitters are just ready to go which ever way the wind is blowing. :wacko:/>

The fence sitters are the ones we need to convince. The die hard anti gunners are a lost cause for the most part. But the people who don't have any strong pro or con 2A feelings are being seduced by the emotional appeal message being spread by the f-word Senater and her minions. We need to counter that with reasoned and logical arguments that the average person will be able to use in deciding on which side of the fence they want to be.

Archived