SASS Wire Forum

two thirds of US gun owners would defy gun ban

Six-Shot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will never happen. If it did there would be a revolt.

I think the whole anti gun thing is gonna fail. Think about it. Why did Obama give Biden the project? Answer - it is doomed to failure. The man is a complete putz. Distance. Tie it off.

The Demos have to make waves like they are going to create real change. They have to make like they did something to appease the tree hugger flower children that vote for them.

I would like to see something done about people who are known mentals not to be able to buy guns. But then who is the judge unless someone is in therapy or in mental or prison stir.

Shameless :~>=

A very high number of local law enforcement will not participate in a confiscation plan either. (some big city departments excepted).

Ther are not, nor will there ever be, enough federal officers to enforce a ban

I have posted before that gun owners are our worst enemies. There are estimates that as many as 45 million hoseholds have guns. As I recall (I am to lazy to look it up) Obama won the popular vote by 1.3. million. Where were all of those concerned gunowners?

Feinsteins stated goal is a long term plan of 20 years starting with banning manufacture of certain firearms and magazines. It is her hope that with resupply impossible attrition will take its toll and the supply of guns and magazines will disappear. Gun owners have already been maneuvered in New York State with the anti-gunners brilliant 7 round magazine ban and no grandfather clause. They don't have to go after the magazines as attrition will gradually reduce the numbers.

Passive resistance accomplishes nothing. Yet the government has handed us the most powerful weapon in the world...the privilege to vote.

The consequences of defying a gun ban are quite sobering. Like I've said before, it won't be Obama and his cabinet enforcing such a law. It won't be (directly anyway) the state governors enforcing this law. It won't (directly, again) be the town mayors and their staff coming to your door. The people directly charged with enforcement will be, well, law enforcement officers. Many sheriff's have gone on record lately saying they will not enforce such a ban, but there will be many who will...

... if this unthinkable nightmare unfolds, how many of us are going to hunker down in our homes and pull the trigger on law enforcement when they come calling to investigate or arrest you for violating the new law? With no organization, no cohesion, no help, you are an army of one and you WILL die, and the media WILL applaud the officers who eliminated the wacko domestic terrorist shooting at them and confiscated his "vast arsenal" of fifteen firearms and large, but unspecified, quantity of "cop killing ammo".

Many of us shoot alongside officers of the law at our monthly shoots... are you willing to shoot and kill them if they should be the ones who come to your door to arrest you or participate in a confiscation scheme?

Food for thought, as you really can't, or shouldn't, post your willingness to kill policemen on a public forum like this.

I had a couple of bizarre experiences about fifteen years ago concerning a soon-to-be ex wife straight from hell who told the local sheriff's department, "He's got a lot of guns and says he'll shoot any policeman who shows up".

My first contact with LE in the days following my divorce filing, there were TEN cars with two deputies in each car who showed up at my workplace. Some blocked the entrance to the plant, some blocked each end of the row in the parking lot my truck was parked in, a couple parked in front of the general office, and the remainder blocked the entrances/exits to the bathhouse and executed the arrest after I had been summoned there. (She claimed I had beaten her, her son, and our infant daughter and I was being arrested for felony PFMA.) Bail was set at $25,000, simply because I had a *rather large* collection, and I still have the receipt from the bondsman framed and hanging on my wall to prove it. $2500 down the drain on nothing more than someone's unsubstantiated word. :angry:

The second contact was being served papers related to my divorce, and two cars came the mile and a half up my road to my home - four deputies. Three took "relaxed cover" behind their cars, and the fourth, whom I've known all my life, came to the door in what appeared to be full swat attire; thigh plates, side plates, vest, etc., but sans the ski mask, to serve me. The next time he came alone, but still in a ninja suit. :ph34r: I don't remember how many times I was served during that fiasco, but after that, he had satisfied himself that I hadn't gone completely insane and showed up in his regular uniform, served me, had a cup of coffee, sympathized with my plight, etc.

These precautions were simply on the suspicion that I had gone off the deep end and actually was ready to make a stand.

The lesson here is, if you meet them alone with armed resistance, YOU WILL DIE, period.

They are following the same script they used on smokers and other "repugnant" groups.

I hear that Obamacare will price anyone who smokes out of the insurance pool, (a 50% surcharge is allowed, which means insurance companies will add that to already astronomical costs), but the requirement to remain insured remains. Expect tests for tobacco to come into the work place, and smokers will become unemployable....

yet the majority who don't smoke don't care.

This is the logic of the holocaust folks. If you don't care about your neighbor, don't bellyache when they come after some minority group YOU belong to, and take your ATV, your boat, or your guns based on the same "majority rules" arguments the Good German people used to ignore the "nasty" and "greedy" neighbors. When truly the majority rules, when democracy exists over a republican form of government, we all all vulnerable to being cut from the herd one way or the other. (Any left-handers out there? How about diabetics???)

They are following the same script they used on smokers and other "repugnant" groups.

I hear that Obamacare will price anyone who smokes out of the insurance pool, (a 50% surcharge is allowed, which means insurance companies will add that to already astronomical costs), but the requirement to remain insured remains. Expect tests for tobacco to come into the work place, and smokers will become unemployable....

If you don't care about your neighbor, don't bellyache when they come after some minority group YOU belong to, and take your ATV, your boat, or your guns... (Any left-handers out there? How about diabetics???)

You forgot us "XLT" types - I have to pay extra for clothes to fit my 6'4", 300# frame. ;)

J bar...... I completely agree. I lived in Cali during 04 ban.

First why don't some of you think it will pass?? it did in 04 !!!! Maybe not this year but it will happen.

Soon the dem's will control most states. Even here in Texas in this last election the popular vote was 3X percent democratic!! Dallas and Houston our 2 largest cities are virtually all democratic.... If we are not careful Texas itself will go Blue which it has in the past.

and all this Bull dung about I won't give up my rights, etc.; once bill passes you have no rights even under our constitution....law is law. in some states they threatened if you had any AWB violations, if you had a business or specialized license it would be revoked. I had 3 buddies who were CPA's and were not going to register their rifles until they found this out. Losing one's livelyhood and going to prison is a wake up call to some of us.

I'm as right wing as they come, former vet, LEO, and such..... but I am not going to prison to keep my AR's, nor would I fire on my fellow citizenry albeit LE or mil.

If you believe in the constitition and rule of law you cannot say a legal vote is unconstitutional. was the GCA unconstitutional.....It makes no sense , This is more like a child crying because they didn't get their way.

as many have stated before..... how few gun owners are NRA memebers....how few actually get off their rumps and vote........

We won't lose our rights, we will give them up thru apathy.

as many have stated before..... how few gun owners are NRA memebers....how few actually get off their rumps and vote........

We won't lose our rights, we will give them up thru apathy.

Sad but true.

I kow quite a few guys who are doing some serious chest beating now. Most have never contacted their legislators and would not offer any resistance when Big Brother comes knocking, in my opinion.

Passive resistance accomplishes nothing. Yet the government has handed us the most powerful weapon in the world...the privilege to vote.

Voting only works if the voters are smart enought to see the real threat and vote accordingly.

I saw some of the Obamazombies on Stossel tonight. They were interviewing them at the inauguration. The reporter aked one woma about gun control. "Guns have to go!", she said. Seemed an intelligent woman, even knew what the 4th amendment was.

But when asked about the Bill of Rights protecting gun ownership, she said "I like all of the amendments...except the Second. We should get rid of that one!"

This is what we're up against. :angry:

Voting only works if the voters are smart enought to see the real threat and vote accordingly.

voting only works when there is actually somebody to vote for....many politicians are untouchable, nobody can unseat them, and the party won't support any alternative. I see that here in NJ, so I don't bother voting....do I vote for the hungry wolf who is gray, or the hungry wold who is black?

I saw some of the Obamazombies on Stossel tonight. They were interviewing them at the inauguration. The reporter aked one woma about gun control. "Guns have to go!", she said. Seemed an intelligent woman, even knew what the 4th amendment was.

But when asked about the Bill of Rights protecting gun ownership, she said "I like all of the amendments...except the Second. We should get rid of that one!"

This is what we're up against. :angry:/>

Ya know what's scary? I'm sure you're aware that when asked what 'the people' in the constitution is all about, the haters say it's the individual accept when it comes to the 2A, then it's a collective right....but know, slowly, the narrative is changing, the haters are beginning to say that 'the people' in ALL aspects of the constitution refer to the 'collective community' not the 'individual'.....

Ya know what's scary? I'm sure you're aware that when asked what 'the people' in the constitution is all about, the haters say it's the individual accept when it comes to the 2A, then it's a collective right....but know, slowly, the narrative is changing, the haters are beginning to say that 'the people' in ALL aspects of the constitution refer to the 'collective community' not the 'individual'.....

I would answer that "people"is plural, but like all plurals,is made up of singulars. The rights of the individual are only as good as those of the minorities we tend to want to oppress. Gun laws in much of the US were crafted to control slaves and later, free blacks during reconstruction. Even in Northern states, very open debates about controlling the rights of the newest immigrants while empowering the second generation hyphenated Americans led to gun laws. A union boss (read that Irish gang leader) wrote the law that governs handguns in NY, and has for over 100 years. His openly stated goal, expressed in a speech before his irish gang, was to limit access to guns to their Italian and black rivals, and insure they themselves had guns (because they controlled the city government which would grant permits). It worked until a generation later, the Italians controlled much of the access to permits, etc. Today a CCW in NYC means yer a cop or "mobbed up" or a celebrity. Howard Stern has a CCW, but I bet 99% of us couldn't get one....

We lose our OWN rights when we set about stripping the rights from others.

I kinda like how it works in Florida. NOBODY would come to your door late at night without announcing their presence, often from several steps away. They KNEW they might get shot if they startled someone. But on the flip side, when a man and woman fought loudly late at night, no fewer than five neighbors showed up to inquire if she was OK, demanding to speak to her, and getting assurances from her drunk husband that he was going to bed. Of the five, four carried flashlights, and three were packing visibly, (I suspect the other two were just more careful with concealment. No guns were waved around, nobody threatened, and no cops called. People helping people.....

voting only works when there is actually somebody to vote for....many politicians are untouchable, nobody can unseat them, and the party won't support any alternative. I see that here in NJ, so I don't bother voting....do I vote for the hungry wolf who is gray, or the hungry wold who is black?

That is part of voting. To encourage and help bring forth qualified or at least interested parties.

The point it appears you make is that in some areas the die is already cast in manure.

And that no matter what happens right will not prevail.

The those have won.

And you continue to let them win by not fighting.

we see that here in California too, with fienstien and boxer, but I still get out there and vote

Those that don't vote lose their right to complain.

When voting becomes nothing more than delusional belief in choice, doing so in order to retain the right to complain is about as meaningful as a chained dog's bark.

A chained dog may bark, but he cannot reach beyond his chain so is no real threat. He simply barks because he lacks thumbs and bolt cutters, impotently voicing his "power" as a self-serving exercise in futility.

Reform so that big money doesn't control CANDIDACY might help, but until and unless we have that, voting is often a futile exercise.

When voting becomes nothing more than delusional belief in choice, doing so in order to retain the right to complain is about as meaningful as a chained dog's bark.

A chained dog may bark, but he cannot reach beyond his chain so is no real threat. He simply barks because he lacks thumbs and bolt cutters, impotently voicing his "power" as a self-serving exercise in futility.

Reform so that big money doesn't control CANDIDACY might help, but until and unless we have that, voting is often a futile exercise.

Well then see if you can convince the Democrats not to vote next time. :rolleyes:

I would answer that "people"is plural, but like all plurals,is made up of singulars. The rights of the individual are only as good as those of the minorities we tend to want to oppress. Gun laws in much of the US were crafted to control slaves and later, free blacks during reconstruction. Even in Northern states, very open debates about controlling the rights of the newest immigrants while empowering the second generation hyphenated Americans led to gun laws. A union boss (read that Irish gang leader) wrote the law that governs handguns in NY, and has for over 100 years. His openly stated goal, expressed in a speech before his irish gang, was to limit access to guns to their Italian and black rivals, and insure they themselves had guns (because they controlled the city government which would grant permits). It worked until a generation later, the Italians controlled much of the access to permits, etc. Today a CCW in NYC means yer a cop or "mobbed up" or a celebrity. Howard Stern has a CCW, but I bet 99% of us couldn't get one....

We lose our OWN rights when we set about stripping the rights from others.

I kinda like how it works in Florida. NOBODY would come to your door late at night without announcing their presence, often from several steps away. They KNEW they might get shot if they startled someone. But on the flip side, when a man and woman fought loudly late at night, no fewer than five neighbors showed up to inquire if she was OK, demanding to speak to her, and getting assurances from her drunk husband that he was going to bed. Of the five, four carried flashlights, and three were packing visibly, (I suspect the other two were just more careful with concealment. No guns were waved around, nobody threatened, and no cops called. People helping people.....

AJ, I just finished a political history class at the local JC just before Christmas, and that pretty much sums up what I learned in that class for that time period. A couple other things I learned were, if you change some names and minor details, we are repeating the same crap from a hundred years ago.

Well then see if you can convince the Democrats not to vote next time. :rolleyes:/>

Bob, I spent most of my life in a republican controlled district in NYS. The only GOP candidate in my lifetime who carried NY was Reagan. I could vote 1000 times and not make a hoot of difference in a presidential election. As much of the country will soon find out, the rural areas with traditional values are far outnumbered by urbanites, and increasingly, cul-de-sac Dilberts who move to formerly rural areas and bring their anti-gun attitudes with them.

As a 12 yr old I walked out of the house and across the road, unsupervised, and shot squirrels with a .22. Today on that same road there are 10 times as many homes, and even the still substantial wooded areas are all posted. A 12 yr old with a gun walking the same route I did would bring the swat team as the Prius-driving neighbors soiled themselves while breathlessly dialing 911.

Game, set, match. The life we knew when Chevrolet sponsored Bonanza is gone.

Look at what happened the last time the red states said no and stood up to the blue ones. Any chance of winning was lost early on because they were not wanting to win, just to be left alone. Those people had far more conviction than we do and it was not enough against a centralized government with a larger portion of the population behind it. The sad day will come when you are told to double up to keep the increasing number of bought voters happy and brother, you better suck it up and deliver!

Bob, I spent most of my life in a republican controlled district in NYS. The only GOP candidate in my lifetime who carried NY was Reagan. I could vote 1000 times and not make a hoot of difference in a presidential election. As much of the country will soon find out, the rural areas with traditional values are far outnumbered by urbanites, and increasingly, cul-de-sac Dilberts who move to formerly rural areas and bring their anti-gun attitudes with them.

As a 12 yr old I walked out of the house and across the road, unsupervised, and shot squirrels with a .22. Today on that same road there are 10 times as many homes, and even the still substantial wooded areas are all posted. A 12 yr old with a gun walking the same route I did would bring the swat team as the Prius-driving neighbors soiled themselves while breathlessly dialing 911.

Game, set, match. The life we knew when Chevrolet sponsored Bonanza is gone.

Things change. Not always for the good.

No reason to throw up our hands and stop voting in my opinion.

There's a difference in losing and giving up.

I may lose but I will not give up.

Things change. Not always for the good.

No reason to throw up our hands and stop voting in my opinion.

There's a difference in losing and giving up.

I may lose but I will not give up.

If a car is rolling down a hill, at first you can sensibly try to stop it. Once it gains momentum, it isn't "giving up" to step aside and let it go. It's just surviving. Not saying we have totally lost, but if the anti's prevail, I will not be ashamed if I survive and go fishing.

I have never been a "12 stepper", but I hear tell they have this thing called the serenity prayer.

"God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference."

Might be somethin to it?

If a car is rolling down a hill, at first you can sensibly try to stop it. Once it gains momentum, it isn't "giving up" to step aside and let it go. It's just surviving. Not saying we have totally lost, but if the anti's prevail, I will not be ashamed if I survive and go fishing.

Well, different strokes I reckon. Perhaps you are more pragmatic than I.

I have been called a impractical dreamer before. ;)

Well, different strokes I reckon. Perhaps you are more pragmatic than I.

I have been called a impractical dreamer before. ;)/>/>

But ... all my descendants are in the car. So I guess I'd still try to stop it going off the cliff. No matter the risk.

AJ-you are one person I knew would turn your back and go fishing!

In Florida about a month after the election the democratic rag miami herald, headline front page, 23 reasons to do something about voting.

Articles,how did obama win florida.

Worst cheating election ever seen!

Too late to do anything and so on

You speak about voting when voting has been fraudulent for the last 12 or more years.

A small town here of 2300 people reported to election officials something is wrong with our machines, who ever people vote for it comes up for obama. Voting was in one place with 11 machines at the end of voting almost 4400 votes were cast out of 2300 registered voters, NOT ONE VOTE WAS FOR ROMNEY. In a few days they had an expert who found software in all the machines. All this in the newspapers, no big deal. What good is voting if its fraudulent all over The country. It was told to all before electronic machines were bought they would destroy voting in this country.

Has anyone seen the last couplea paragraph of feinsteins gun laws. The best part is when she says this law only applies to the people of the us, congress,govt employees, wh and staff,police etc are all EXEMPT from this law.

AJ-you are one person I knew would turn your back and go fishing!

In Florida about a month after the election the democratic rag miami herald, headline front page, 23 reasons to do something about voting.

Articles,how did obama win florida.

Worst cheating election ever seen!

Too late to do anything and so on

You speak about voting when voting has been fraudulent for the last 12 or more years.

A small town here of 2300 people reported to election officials something is wrong with our machines, who ever people vote for it comes up for obama. Voting was in one place with 11 machines at the end of voting almost 4400 votes were cast out of 2300 registered voters, NOT ONE VOTE WAS FOR ROMNEY. In a few days they had an expert who found software in all the machines. All this in the newspapers, no big deal. What good is voting if its fraudulent all over The country. It was told to all before electronic machines were bought they would destroy voting in this country.

Has anyone seen the last couplea paragraph of feinsteins gun laws. The best part is when she says this law only applies to the people of the us, congress,govt employees, wh and staff,police etc are all EXEMPT from this law.

Slic,

Ya know, I have been called a lot of things, many of em true, but even my ex wife says "You never were a (cat)." I've taken on many challenges, often impractical, even when folks said whatever it was couldn't be done. I've made a few real goood home runs in the process, and had some glorious defeats. I've drawn a deuce-nine off suit, bluffed and won the pot, and gone all in and lost with three queens. BUT, even I know when NOT to tilt at windmills.

My reference to voting was in NY. Truth be told, once the GOP nominated Romney, I didn't see ten cents worth of difference between the choices. One was a spoiled brat that had no idea what "real" people deal with, a rabble rouser with little REAL experience, and the other was uh, duh, just about the same thing. For the first time since 1976 (when I was 20, and didn't feel qualified to make an educated choice), I simply didn't vote.

NONE OF US could have predicted the perfect storm of sandy hook just at this time.

And I am still not convinced all is lost.

I am convinced ole Jack never made a hill of beans difference voting for POTUS (the one time Reagan carried NY, I voted at 6PM, unaware the election had been conceded at noon)..... the rest of the time I could be passionate in my positions, voted out of conscience, but I could also count.

As I said when I left the US to work in a disaster area for almost a year (USVI following HUGO), babies will be born, people will die, the sun will rise and set, with or without me here or even knowing about it.

I still have HOPE, but at this point, no reasonable or even faintly workable PLAN to try and effect a better outcome. It will be whatever it is.

Meanwhile, much as it chaps my hide what NY has done (and I am in NY right now), I'm spending my energy on something I CAN be useful with. I'm encouraging my three sons to be the best men, fathers, and husbands they can be (including the youngest, who got a huge deal to go to BU, pre-med, and needs me to tell him every day he is a rock star who CAN prevail), visiting an old lover who is on her final glide path, and taking care of MY life. I got about nothing USEFUL left to tilt windmills with.

Three Percenters

What is a "Three Percenter"?

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat...Fortune Favors the Brave

Three Percenters

What is a "Three Percenter"?

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat...Fortune Favors the Brave

Fortune CAN favor the brave. or ya just get beat up and not appreciated for it. Some day Randy Weaver might have statues erected for his family. Fat lot of good it does em....

I'm NOT gonna be that guy. Much as a part of me wants to say "molon Labe", if they do, I will raise holy heck, but ultimately won't die for my guns and leave my family without what I CAN give them, me.

If ya think any one of us would fare better than the Weavers, yer dreaming.

I HAVE fought a foe that chose me and I had no choice. I was so damned angry when cancer struck, because I DIDN'T GET A VOTE. But I beat it (at least so far) and I am NOT about to give somebody else's choices control over what is left of MY life any more than I have to. I wasted enough energy being mad about it, which only compounded the things I could not change, like the $$$$$ the medical folks got..... Then I simply got lean and mean, ruthlessly threw away or gave away that which really only held me back, and got on with life... What do I NEED? A place to sleep, food, and some clothing, and ME. The rest won't help me be where I really wanna be.

Ya want my guns? If ya succeed in making a law, yeah, yer probably gonna take em. But you can't TAKE that which I simply decide really doesn't matter. I'll just relinquish it and concentrate on what DOES matter. Will I raise hell in my own way, yes. But this nonsense of fighting a war about it is just that.

I want my kid to finish med school 7 years from now and look into the audience and know his old man is there to see that he has. I want THAT more than all the guns in the world. With my cancer history that is not at all certain. But that is what I REALLY want from MY life.

As always, YMMV

To look askance at our fellow shooters who make choices different from ours is to fail to understand each of us has OUR OWN path to walk. We are NOT all the same.

Archived