SASS Wire Forum

Can't read about guns in a DQ !

Rancho Roy

I was in a DQ in Austin Tx today. Sitting there I tried to use their free wifi to access this forum............"This Site is Blocked ....contains Guns, Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, etc" I was told when trying to open this site.

Is this ALL DQs or just this one. I know McDonalds and Starbucks has no prohibitions.

BTW, the DQ food was nasty anyways.......I won't be going back.

Sgt. Jake: It is NOT an infringement on your First Amendment. The First Amendment (and the Holy Second) prohibit GOVERNMENT interference/infringement. Dairy Queen and Wendy's are not gov't, and therefore are free to prohibit things. DQ has filters on its WiFi, you are free to use your own internet connection. Newspaper decides not to post your letter, it is not a First Amendment violation.

Same way that if a business puts up a sign "No Firearms Allowed", it is NOT Gov't and therefore is not a violation of the Holy Second.

Sorry about DQ but on a better note. Yesterday, I was at the Veterans Hospital in Salt Lake City and while waiting I noticed that the waiting room library had at least 10 firearms related magazines for my reading enjoyment. It was refreshing to see that many shooting mags not only in that waiting room but in sevral as the day progressed.

Semper Fi

I thought this was a "you make the call" about a match DQ.

Oh, but it IS a match DQ, Newt, ..... for dairy queen and wendy's. Never going back there again, which won't be a hard promise to keep, because their food, both of 'em, is pretty bad. There aren't many that are worse.

Sgt. Jake: It is NOT an infringement on your First Amendment. The First Amendment (and the Holy Second) prohibit GOVERNMENT interference/infringement. Dairy Queen and Wendy's are not gov't, and therefore are free to prohibit things. DQ has filters on its WiFi, you are free to use your own internet connection. Newspaper decides not to post your letter, it is not a First Amendment violation.

Same way that if a business puts up a sign "No Firearms Allowed", it is NOT Gov't and therefore is not a violation of the Holy Second.

No problem, No more DQ and even in VT. I don't aid Ben& Jerry either. Adios Sgt. Jake

Of course you got blocked - you used the vulgar word "ammunition." Next time you're there search "junk ice cream" - you'll have no trouble getting on.

Archived