SASS Wire Forum

wanting to find original SAA U S marked

Trigger Mike

Where and how much should I pay for an original SAA US marked 7 1/2 inch barrell? I prefer one with a letter, and matching numbers. I know many were faked so I want to avoid buying a repro. I know Cabelas has a couple but they want 6k to 9k and one I saw looked refinished. I do not mind one refinished if it is priced down based on that. I once paid 1800 for a 44.40 that was refinished but I knew it up front and with a leter, 1800 seeed fair.

The Colt Collectors club has a website and a show every October that is in a different city. I attended the show in 2010 in Charlotte and leanred a lot about the 1920 Bisley that I had just shot that morning in a CAS match. Their website would be a good place to start.

Price will depend on condition, rarity and demand. I think that $6-9k would be an expected price for a pre-1899 SAA with military inspection marks in 50-70% condition. It would only appreciate from there.

The Colt Collectors Club has a listing of members, although I don't know if it's available to non members. All the big and small dealers are there. That's the place to start. However, US marked revolvers will fall into a range of serial numbers and I don't believe individual letters are available for them. They are among the most expensive Colts available.

Where and how much should I pay for an original SAA US marked 7 1/2 inch barrell? I prefer one with a letter, and matching numbers. I know many were faked so I want to avoid buying a repro. I know Cabelas has a couple but they want 6k to 9k and one I saw looked refinished. I do not mind one refinished if it is priced down based on that. I once paid 1800 for a 44.40 that was refinished but I knew it up front and with a leter, 1800 seeed fair.

You've gotta spend big to win big: 7th Cavalry Colt

The Colt Collectors club has a website and a show every October that is in a different city. I attended the show in 2010 in Charlotte and leanred a lot about the 1920 Bisley that I had just shot that morning in a CAS match. Their website would be a good place to start.

Price will depend on condition, rarity and demand. I think that $6-9k would be an expected price for a pre-1899 SAA with military inspection marks in 50-70% condition. It would only appreciate from there.

Colt Bisley was in production from 1894-1912, One was made in 1915 but didn't ship until Nov. 1919. How is it your's was Mfg in 1920? Just askin'

Jake

Fat fingered that year

Roughly marked on the inside of the gutta-percha grips

1907 Tacoma, WA

R N Vit?????

1909 Midvale Wood Station

.32 WCF shot like a new gun

Chrome plated, likely after WWII

I shot it for three years and made money on my investment but hate that I sold it.

Archived