SASS Wire Forum

Who is rather fluent in the French language

Red Cent

I am in a conversation with a holster maker in France. Please pm me if you can help.

I am in a conversation with a holster maker in France. Please pm me if you can help.

Hi, impossible to send you an MP, refused by you message box, probably full.

If I can help!!! Who could be better than a true French cowboy

Curly Red Ryder

PM logjam cleared.

Curly lets stick with the e-mail.

Sheriff CH. Southpaw. Thanks for ressponding.

"Je me rends" is used alot by the French...It means "I surrender"

Let's not forget that we have SASS friends in France and at some point along the way, we're going to need each other ... again.

Bottom Dealing Mike posted a video review of a French autopistol some time back. He begins the narration speaking French and it was pretty cool. Don't forget that French was the international language of culture and diplomacy for some centuries. George Washington was duped into signing a confession of murder during the French and Indian War because it was written in French and he was ashamed to admit that he could not read the language.

The Old West period was not much removed from the time of Lafayette and De Toqueville. Let's cut our French friends a break.

My apologizes to the French, I thought I was joking with Indian Jack, but apparently I have insulted a nation and started an international incident in SASS World.....I wish folks would use the dictionary and figure out the difference between a joke and an insult.......I even added LOL at the end, Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz.

I don't think it's so easy to make fun of the French when we have a coward-in-chief that bows down to other leaders, is refused handshakes and apologizes for being an "American". Folks that live in glass houses ought not throw stones. In fact, right now... isn't there some French action in a place that just 6 years ago we might be taking an active part? I tried, but couldn't resist... there's to be some other invasion also.

I am communicating with "Slye", a holster and saddle maker fom France. Met him on Cas City. He makes beautiful holsters. Beautiful may not be used much in SASS to descrbe holstersbut they are.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,46922.0.html

Ever see this?

http://www.selleriegb-28.com/

Hmmmm. Addres is home page. Go to bottom of page and click on cowboy.........

This picture is about 2/3 of the way down on the right.

I have used the French jokes also but not now guys. They may read this. This Frenchman is ate up with cowboy.

Hi, impossible to send you an MP, refused by you message box, probably full.

If I can help!!! Who could be better than a true French cowboy

Curly Red Ryder

J'ai vécu en France depuis trois ans, 1963-1966, à Fontainebleau. Malheureusement, je ne parle plus encore en français.

Have been back several times, but not in the last 10 years. All jokes aside, the French are the reason we're free today. We had no navy.

CR

The negative French comments are in poor taste here... First off, Curly Red Ryder has done a fine job for Cowboy Action shooting by translating our RO courses into French... they are posted on line. He is also a very active CAS in France and has the SOG.. which appears to be lacking in some. There is no doubt that we have had our historic differences, but if it were not for the support of France, we might well still be a British Colony.

Snakebite

The negative French comments are in poor taste here... First off, Curly Red Ryder has done a fine job for Cowboy Action shooting by translating our RO courses into French... they are posted on line. He is also a very active CAS in France and has the SOG.. which appears to be lacking in some. There is no doubt that we have had our historic differences, but if it were not for the support of France, we might well still be a British Colony.

Snakebite

I agree and Curly is my dear friend. :wub:

All you need to know for french, is to raise your eyebrows, shrug your shoulders and with a Pepi LaPew accent say "whoa ho ho ho ho"

Howdy my friends !

You guys and gals don't forget you're Umurkans today cause the first "bunch of brothers' ever (i.e. the wannabe Continental Army) was delivered smuggled french muskets sent by the King of France Louis XVI and the poor mob who composed this army was highly trained by a prussian officer and gentleman-of-fortune named Von Steuben (his training book is still tought at West Point !)

You returned help perfectly well in 1918 (Lafayette, here we are !) and 1944. Thanks to you !

Trusty Phil

SASS Life # 28720

CAS France # 1, founder & Honorary Pdt.

Old West Frech Shooters # 2 & Pdt.

Paris Western Show® Manager

Peaches O'Day fan club

Howdy my friends !

You guys and gals don't forget you're Umurkans today cause the first "bunch of brothers' ever (i.e. the wannabe Continental Army) was delivered smuggled french muskets sent by the King of France Louis XVI and the poor mob who composed this army was highly trained by a prussian officer and gentleman-of-fortune named Von Steuben (his training book is still tought at West Point !)

You returned help perfectly well in 1918 (Lafayette, here we are !) and 1944. Thanks to you !

Trusty Phil

SASS Life # 28720

CAS France # 1, founder & Honorary Pdt.

Old West Frech Shooters # 2 & Pdt.

Paris Western Show® Manager

Peaches O'Day fan club

Viva la France! :D/>

Spittoon

Allie Mo, Snakebite, thank you for your friendship and confidence, you warmed my heart!!! :wub::):D

My apologizes to the french, I will stick to Aggie jokes from hence forth......but then some here might be wrapped too tight for any jokes at all......Happy Trails.

My apologizes to the french, I will stick to Aggie jokes from hence forth......but then some here might be wrapped too tight for any jokes at all......Happy Trails.

Hello Concho Billy,

Your post about the French was rude. This comment makes me think you are worse than rude. You are a pompous Adam Henry! :( I can take a joke; insulting my/our friends isn't close to being funny.

Happy Trials to all who are true to the Cowboy Way!

Regards,

Allie Mo

I think your Aggie jokes are funny...but then again I went to UT.

(Drove a Renault LeCar when I was there. POS caught on fire but that is a different story)

Hello Concho Billy,

Your post about the French was rude. This comment makes me think you are worse than rude. You are a pompous Adam Henry! :(/> I can take a joke; insulting my/our friends isn't close to being funny.

Happy Trials to all who are true to the Cowboy Way!

Regards,

Allie Mo

First of all I didn't respond to you or your friends, second of all I could care less what you think I am, I not the one calling names, and your comments makes me think less of you, so guess we are even.

Wow calm friends, it is not very nice stuff.

Reread the initial post, it was just a little help wondering Red Cent. ;)/>

Sorry Sheriff, I was responding to a friend when I posted and I meant no ill will toward anyone, French or others. This is the typical response on the wire when you post anything that someone in one of the "Buddy" groups doesn't like, you get jumped on by "buddies"......I have removed my original joke and hope you can forgive an old cowboy who likes to joke around. I have limited my posts on the wire for several years exactly for this reason, some do not know when someone is kidding around, and they want to make a major issue of it. Maybe my jokes do not show well for SASS, but name calling sure doesn't encourage new members either.

Does anyone else appreciate his craftmanship?

If you are not aware, Slye uses a crossdraw rig. He didn't understand me( lots have that problem:) )nor did he grasp the open trigger guard. Thanks to a couple of French guys who helped out.

My last name is French. Really. F-R-E-N-C-H

First of all I didn't respond to you or your friends, second of all I could care less what you think I am, I not the one calling names, and your comments makes me think less of you, so guess we are even.

Hello Billy,

I should not have called you "names." For that, I apologize. However, I still think your joke was tasteless.

Sorry for the hijack, Red Cent.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived