SASS Wire Forum

Paper Black powder cartridges

Come On Christmas

Paper 44 cartridge

Get a jumbo shake straw from McDonalds or Sonic. Put a .454 or .457 ball on the end of the straw once you cut the straw in half.

Wrap a Zig Zag paper overlapping the ball some so you can twist the end. Pull back on the straw so you can twist the paper past the ball to separate the charge from the ball.

Use a .357 mag bullet you have made into a dipper by supergluing a nail onto it. I use a Lee 1.6 dipper. Dip a measure of black powder from a bowl into the end of the straw. Pull the straw out. Twist the end. You got yoself a paper cartridge.

Put each cartridge into a plastic 45 caliber cartridge box with lid and you a ready teddy!

Yep, they cool. Bore butter or Crisco the face of the cylinder once loaded and Boom Shaka Laka Laka!

The Jumbo Diameter straw and the cartridge box are key concepts.

Shameless Womanizer, Brainiack

Why? When a poor boy goes to a monthly or at least this one. I don't wanna spend the whole time with my head down loading my cap gunz. The nit picky hurry up and do it right time savings is what it's about. LEVERAGING MY FREE TIME.

It's worth the time a home doing something constructive whilst I share time watching obligatory stay married shows with my child bride. As many of you know I need time to hoorah and to be hoorahed at a shoot.

UPDATE! A 410 hull with the brass cut off is the way to go VERSES using a straw.

I still need to go to the range and LET FLY, and practice using them, but I be onto something here.

Shameless :~€

I would think piriod correctness but the plastic cartridge box kind of ruins that.

Did they make em outa wood back in the day? Not overly worried about static electricity, but . . .

Also using cigarette paper the cartridges are kinda, as the Italians say, Fragilea!

Did they make em outa wood back in the day? Not overly worried about static electricity, but . . .

Also using cigarette paper the cartridges are kinda, as the Italians say, Fragilea!

Cartridge boxes were wood blocks covered with leather. Repos are available.

My ".357 bullets" don't make for good dippers. Even the HPs don't hold much... cases on the other hand.... :ph34r:/> :ph34r:/>

Why? When a poor boy goes to a monthly or at least this one. I don't wanna spend the whole time with my head down loading my cap gunz. The nit picky hurry up and do it right time savings is what it's about. LEVERAGING MY FREE TIME.

It's worth the time a home doing something constructive whilst I share time watching obligatory stay married shows with my child bride. As many of you know I need time to hoorah and to be hoorahed at a shoot.

UPDATE! A 410 hull with the brass cut off is the way to go VERSES using a straw.

I still need to go to the range and LET FLY, and practice using them, but I be onto something here.

I can definitely understand the part of "watching the obligatory stay married shows." That's a very good answer.

Let us know how reliable the paper cartridges are as far as ignition. Do the caps set them off every time? Do you ever experience hang-fires from the paper smoldering a few seconds before the powder ignights?

My ".357 bullets" don't make for good dippers. Even the HPs don't hold much... cases on the other hand.... :ph34r:/>/> :ph34r:/>/>

Same here!! I just couldn't get enough powder using a .357 bullet with a handle on it!!

Blackfoot :P

Same here!! I just couldn't get enough powder using a .357 bullet with a handle on it!!

Blackfoot :P/>

Why I mentioned the .357 cartridge is there is a guy who measures powder, puts it in the .357 case the puts the 44 ball atop it and rolls the ball end first then the case end and removes the case. To me a straw of some sort makes more sense.

Search paper black powder cartridges on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

On the hang fire issue . . . There is another guy on YouTube making cartridges for a Remmie that just loads them and fires away. I will have to get back to ya.

I also want to try to make tubes out of newspaper and other materials.

I am a man on a mission.

I have been using old school orange package Zig Zags. The real thin tissue type. Some guy mentioned Buglar Glue did not work well.

I have read a little about nitrate flash paper, but I feel this would not be worth the effort.

Archived