SASS Wire Forum

WTB All brass 10ga shells

If anybody is wanting to divest themselves of 10ga all brass shotgun shells at a reasonable price, please contact me by P.M. I'm looking for shorter 2 7/8" preferably, but I can trim longer shells if the price is right.

Just something else to enhance the ol' 1901 lever action experience. :lol::wub::rolleyes:

If anybody is wanting to divest themselves of 10ga all brass shotgun shells at a reasonable price, please contact me by P.M. I'm looking for shorter 2 7/8" preferably, but I can trim longer shells if the price is right.

Just something else to enhance the ol' 1901 lever action experience. :lol:/> :wub:/> :rolleyes:/>

PM sent. :)

Just something else to enhance the ol' 1901 lever action experience. :lol:/>/> :wub:/>/> :rolleyes:/>/>

:rolleyes:/> Please folks don't encourage him. I don't want to be in Graftons or the line shack iffin he unloades that big 10 w/holy black (cough)!! BTT Tommy :D/>

C-U, C.W. :FlagAm:

Found some, bought 'em!!

Still lookin' for some more!! :lol:

BTT

Still looking!!

You prolly know 'bout these folks. They have the milled ones methinks.

http://rockymountaincartridge.com/prices.htm

Yep! Thanks Shameless, but at $7.85 a shell I'm a little light in the wallet. I'll have to try to find originals that folks don't hold so dear. I found 25 original Winchester 10ga shells, unfired and primed for $4.00 a piece. I bought them. Maybe when my rich uncle gets outa the poor house I be able to afford some of those Rocky Mountain shells! :rolleyes::lol:

I'm still lookin' folks!!

I hear ya my brother. We have all been marginalized in this here economy.

I bought me some Federals from Ballistic what are already primed.

I bought a 12 gauge single and 10 gauge as well. I wanna see if my 12 gauge all brass shells eject and make fun sounds before I invest in 10 gauge all brass shells.

My new 10 gauge is a Turkey Gun with a long barrel and an extra choked choke. I will only shoot it at pesky knock downs. The Shortgrass Rangers in Oklahoma have an annual all shotgun event and some knockdowns that are set pretty far back. I bet I can knock down two at a time with a square load. I did this at Oakwood with 12 gauge square loads.

At the Shortgrass annual it will be like I have a set of golf clubs with my 410 bore single, 12 gauge single, and "Vavoom" my trusty 10 gauge.

I jest bought some Fg Skirmish powder and can hardly wait to try it out!

Kinda' fun to be shotgun poor, huh SW?? :rolleyes::lol:

BTT Still lookin' for a few more!!

BTT!

again!!

If you use RMC cases, you're realistically shooting a 12g, and maybe even slightly smaller.

The difference between a 10g and a 12g is ~.046" and my vintage thin wall "A" 10g cases are only .010" - .012" at the mouth, so if an RMC case wall is any more than ~.035", it should have a lesser capacity for the same case length. (.035" 10g thickness - .012" 12g thickness = .023" difference in case wall thickness x 2 because you have to take both radii of the case diameter into account = .046")

The big advantage to RMC hulls is if someone steps on one, they aren't going to crush it.

Track of the Wolf has thin wall "A" 10g hulls in 2 5/8" and 2 7/8" for $7.29 and 7.49 ea, respectively. New cases should last for many dozens of reloads, so put out $450 for 60 pieces and you have enough for a two day match with a few to spare, hopefully. If you don't try to crimp them and can keep everyone from stepping on them, they will last the rest of your life.

It's taken two or three years, but I've managed to amass a suitable quantity of 162 cases. :) Every now and then one of the older ones with a bit of corrosion splits and I about cry when I have to toss it, lol. :( I've probably had to toss fifteen or thereabouts so far, so I was probably at around 180 pieces at one time. I've got 5 ten gauges, but only three that I shoot with the brass hulls, so I have a set of hulls fireformed for use in each gun. :)

JBB!

That sounds good in theory, but $450.00 is quite a bit more than I can justify at the present stage in my personal economy.

I've gathered 25 of the 10ga shells at a much lower cost thanks to some folks who aren't using theirs any more.

I have two hundred brass 12ga shells at a substantially lower cost.

And I'm patient!!

Oh, c'mon, that's only half the price of a new main match rifle! :lol: I just placed an order with TOTW today, and should have tacked on five or so... it doesn't hurt so bad when it's only $35-$40 at a time. :lol:

You hafta' remember! I had my main match rifle and shotgun stolen Thanksgiving of 2011 and insurance didn't cover all of it, so I'm still healing up from that. My next major purchase will be another '73 tricked out and tuned up like the last one. But I'm collecting some fun stuff as I go. My '60 Henry is doing okay for now.

BTT!! Still lookin for a few more brass shells in 10ga.

BTT I'm still lookin'!

I'm still wantin' a few more ten ga. all brass shells, so BTT!! :lol:

BTT

I'm gonna run this up the flag pole one more time!! :lol:

BTT!!!

Archived