SASS Wire Forum

Gotta ask this question:

Widder, SASS #59054

I gotta ask this question and would really like a reasonable explanation.

IF your Family Physician is suddenly qualified to determine your qualifications to own a Firearm, then WHY can't teachers be properly trained to be qualified to carry a Firearm that very well qualifies them to better protect our kids?

I must say, I think some of this ruthless anti-gun attitudes that we are seeing on T.V. is backfiring.

ALOT of prominent political leaders and LEO's are starting to see that these so-called 'reasonable' gun restrictions are stupid and worthless.

ALOT of gun owners are starting to see the importance of being an NRA member.

Gunowners have alot of momentum right now. Right now, we just might very well have the wind at our backs.

I think (and hope) that alot of our legislators realize that the sudden buying frenzie by the American public isn't just to 'get it before its banned'..........but rather the enormous amount of guns and ammo purchased was to be prepared to stand our ground and stand hard.

Keep those letters and phone calls going to your Senators and Congressman. And your locals and state governors.

Right now, thats the view from my saddle.

..........Widder

IMHO gun owners will never have the wind at our backs. The left and the anti gunners will continue to chip away at the 2nd ammendment and as soon as we let down our guard we lose big time.

I only hope that it is backfiring

but we need to carry the torch like you state

the battle will go on

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/18/new-poll-65-percent-see-second-amendment-as-protection-from-tyranny-n1492346

65% to some might seem like a safe number

that is because to many of the under-informed, probably dont understand what tyranny is :ph34r:/>

perhaps we need to teach what tyranny

really is, to move the number higher

IF your Family Physician is suddenly qualified to determine your qualifications to own a Firearm, then WHY can't teachers be properly trained to be qualified to carry a Firearm that very well qualifies them to better protect our kids?

..........Widder

Even if they would allow themself to be trained, I believe that most couldn't bring themself to use it.

the battle will go on

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/18/new-poll-65-percent-see-second-amendment-as-protection-from-tyranny-n1492346

that is because to many of the under-informed, probably dont understand what tyranny is :ph34r:/>/>

Madd Mike, that is a stunning idea! I have to give that some thought! And, this is something that can go out on blogs/chats/forums everywhere! Something like, if I were to take $2,000 from you and spend it as I see fit, you would have me jailed for robery. We have a government that just did the same thing! Tyranny!

Yeah, the question inevitably becomes: what if they don't want a firearm?

I don't necessarily wish to see a police state in the schools either.

The agenda the modern media seems to operate under is that there is a solution to significantly reducing (or limiting) violence in a free society - and it requires government action.

Maybe there are some things we aren't talking about that requires some talkin. Agree or disagree.

There are alternatives to the pubic school system. Yeah, maybe a stretch.

We might want to take a closer look as to how we medicate our kids - and that includes vaccinations. Different but related topic.

I have been coming around to the belief that there is a rather large absence of religion - whichever order. I am not intensely religious, but I do believe there is substance to the argument that we have far too many fatherless and godless children in this country.

It seems virtue has become ever increasingly absent.

One of the reasons I've always enjoyed CAS is because the people (mostly) understand what I am saying here, and display it on the range.

I guess what I am really trying to say is this: it ain't ALL about politics.

-Nate (happy to get back to CAS this year) Clayton

the battle will go on

that is because to many of the under-informed, probably dont understand what tyranny is :ph34r:/>/>

Well, Our President and his party are doing a pretty good job toward presenting a practical example.

We just need to keep rationally pointing it out. Folks are beginning to get it IMHO. :FlagAm:

Even if they would allow themself to be trained, I believe that most couldn't bring themself to use it.

Doin't make that offer to Schoolmarm.

A lot of teachers are tree hugging democrats.

I'd love to hide and watch while you said that to her face, her and several more who teach at her school!!

And a lot aren't.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Doin't make that offer to Schoolmarm.

I'd love to hide and watch while you said that to her face, her and several more who teach at her school!!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Salute to Schoolmarm... I presume your significant other (wife). For arguments sake, she is one in a million that could do it, as in carry and use a firearm in a public place for personal (children) protection. My late wife was a teacher and over her teaching career that I knew about (28 years), I can not remember one teacher, including my wife, that would carry a firearm or have the mojo to use it for personal protection.

Stereo typing, if I may,,, teachers, doctors, nurses and the like are caregivers and it is not in their makeup to be warriors. Yes, there are lots of folks in SASS that are in the profession of being caregivers, but SASS is a game/hobby.

Yea, but some of those teachers, doctors and nurses are Vets. Some are probably Medics and ya don't get much gutzier than that.

I agree that on a percentage basis, very few teachers would want to carry and just like most folks, they really don't know how they would react until that moment happens.

But the perp trying to illegally enter a school has to think twice before making that final decision to do harm.

Just my thinkin.

..........Widder

I shoot with quite a few teachers and administrators and I can tell you that if they were armed and one of these sick scumbags tried to shoot up their school things would end differently. No they are not tree hugging liberals by any stretch of the imagination. When you paint with a broad brush.....

IF your Family Physician is suddenly qualified to determine your qualifications to own a Firearm...

You started with a false presumption.

I believe that a higher percentage of Lady teachers would stand and defend their Charges than would the Male gender...

Lot's of lady teachers would GO on auto-pilot aqnd turn into "Mother Lions" protecting their young ,,,,, Laugh if you wish ,,,But I have seen ladies do amazing things to protect children ....

It happens every day in the USA were a Woman stands up to a bigger stronger and offten Meaner Spouse or live-in ,,,, Offten while ill equiped to win .... Given a way and means to win there might be more of them still standing and less kids Killed or Maimed ...

My Sister ,My Niece and My Granmother were teachers my Niece still is ... I have many friends that teach as well and would bet that 3/4 of them would stand in defence of their students ...

Jabez Cowboy

I have known and worked with a nmumber of teachers and they tend to be liberal, non-gun owners. I was of the impression that most would be a poor choice to be armed defenders...

BUT seeing the reported steady increase in numbers of teachers enrolling in ccw training throughout the country, it appears I may have been mistaken. Most will still never be gun enthusiasts, but the fact that some may becoming familar with firearms and self defense certainly helps us.

Yeah, the question inevitably becomes: what if they don't want a firearm?

I don't necessarily wish to see a police state in the schools either.

Maybe there are some things we aren't talking about that requires some talkin. Agree or disagree.

There are alternatives to the pubic school system. Yeah, maybe a stretch.

We might want to take a closer look as to how we medicate our kids - and that includes vaccinations. Different but related topic.

I have been coming around to the belief that there is a rather large absence of religion - whichever order. I am not intensely religious, but I do believe there is substance to the argument that we have far too many fatherless and godless children in this country.

It seems virtue has become ever increasingly absent.

I guess what I am really trying to say is this: it ain't ALL about politics.

-Nate (happy to get back to CAS this year) Clayton

but I say it has for what ever reason become

ALL ABOUT POLITICS

key points

my grade school, was wide open, had monkey bars, turning bars, swing sets, tether ball, dodge ball, not countING sports.

We had a bike rack out in the open for gosh sakes

You could actually AS A punishment, recieve a hack from the school principal in those days, one and only one set my mind in a positive dont start "crap" ideal

Yup, that helped scare me straight, now we have to take grade school kids to prisons to do the same thing, and show them bubba

I would like to believe that crime in and out of schools reflected more morals, usually backed by religion, complete families, EVEN if they were stepfathers (like in my case)

We have slipped, and perhaps on purpose, all of those things missing at grade schools, are mainly due to law suits filed in behalf of what-ever

Grade schools got rid of everything on the play ground, fenced in the bikes do to stealing a kids ride to and from education, now the school is completely fenced in, parent teacher confirmations are lacking to some degree both parents, but most likely the fathers, no ones grandmother is a Sunday school teacher any more (like mine was)

Boy Scouts of America have been put to shame, and not promoted, they helped to keEP me straight, with the scout oath.

There was guns in the house, but dam you kids, if you even look at one of them, no or few friends were allowed, just because you can NOT trust everyone.

We borrowed a couple of eggs or milk from the neighbor, and paid it back pronto like, and they did share if they had it.

Ok

Morals suck, good and mostly peaceful religions has become VERY POLITICAL,

Whilst

Aggressive religions get kid glove treatment

But oHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no

We can not and will not even discuss those things

We go after the few law abiding, tax payers that are left, to control them more

In the name of less (what-ever)

each and every change was made in the effort to make us safer

Personal responsibility being put on the side lines,Has hurt our society as a whole

but what does the MaDD-0ne-Mike know

sassmaddmike@yahoo.com

just fer fun

I must say, I think some of this ruthless anti-gun attitudes that we are seeing on T.V. is backfiring.

ALOT of prominent political leaders and LEO's are starting to see that these so-called 'reasonable' gun restrictions are stupid and worthless.

ALOT of gun owners are starting to see the importance of being an NRA member.

Gunowners have alot of momentum right now. Right now, we just might very well have the wind at our backs.

I think (and hope) that alot of our legislators realize that the sudden buying frenzie by the American public isn't just to 'get it before its banned'..........but rather the enormous amount of guns and ammo purchased was to be prepared to stand our ground and stand hard.

Keep those letters and phone calls going to your Senators and Congressman. And your locals and state governors.

Right now, thats the view from my saddle.

..........Widder

"A lot?"

How many is "a lot"? Is it enough to swing anything our way? What are the percentages (from reliable sources) on each side? What are your sources? Is this just wishful thinking or from conversations among those who already think the same way you do?

Are we going to survive this if we don't ALL press our opinions on those who truly count?

Archived