SASS Wire Forum

Will we go back to shooting

Come On Christmas

There's plenty of #10 and # 11 caps out there....... better start stocking up on them cool 1851's, 1860's,Remmies and Walkers!!!

:lol:

Rye

I am Jonesing for two 1873 Puma 22's . . . See you guys were suppose to chime in with all the wisdom of my idea since I would REALLY be needing them.

And yes, I do tire of reloading sometimes.

I wish there was an Adult Buckeroo category. I keep forgetting . . . I PLAY COWBOY, alot of you guys THINK you are, and a very few actually ARE cowboys. Hey, I am finally a minority!

Shameless

Ancient Texas Hippie

My long hair never did quite cover up my Red Neck.

Now I can only grow hair on my chinny, chin, chin.

There's plenty of #10 and # 11 caps out there....... better start stocking up on them cool 1851's, 1860's,Remmies and Walkers!!!

:lol:/>

Rye

Same here about, Rye. Have you shot the pistola I sold ya yet? Oh, that is right. You jest got it yesterday. Maybe I should consider my .36 Uberti Navy 1858 my .22

Actually it's a topic that's been on my mind a lot lately. With a newborn finances are even tighter so there is less to go around. I bought the last box of primers my local ffl had. They don't expect any more small pistol primers for months. I cant justify driving sixty miles for primers when i can only get one thousand at a time. Which is the next closest place for me to get them. So as of now when i shoot up what i have i will be done shooting until u can get more.

If it's just me i have enough to last four more shoot s but if my wife and dad can make it ill be done after the next match. Not complaining, it is what it is. I saw the shortage coming months ago and bought every box of primers i could afford. If i can't shoot I'll still go to the matches to watch, learn, and pic brass.

Same here about, Rye. Have you shot the pistola I sold ya yet? Oh, that is right. You jest got it yesterday. Maybe I should consider my .36 Uberti Navy 1858 my .22

Hey Shameless, I just ordered "slix shot nipples" for it. I'm gonna shoot it tomorrow at the indoor range the way it is though.

Rye :)

I wish there was an Adult Buckeroo category. I keep forgetting . . . I PLAY COWBOY, alot of you guys THINK you are, and a very few actually ARE cowboys. Hey, I am finally a minority!

Shameless

Ancient Texas Hippie

Shameless - I agree; good idea.

We shot an indoor .22 match today at the Jefferson Outlaw club in PA. As a group, we had lots of misses, duds, malfunctions, etc. I don't believe that .22's are as fast as our usual CAS guns. That said, it was a lot of fun. I learned that a new (actually an unused 30 year-old) Rossi pump has issues if you try to hold it like a lever action, by pressing the forearm into your shoulder; duh! I believe that an Adult Buckeroo category would spice things up. Plus it gives another excuse to buy more guns. We could handicap the really fast shooters by making them use Remington target ammo which appears to have a guaranteed minimum of one dud per box of 50.

Church Key

Shameless

Ancient Texas Hippie

Shameless - I agree; good idea.

We shot an indoor .22 match today at the Jefferson Outlaw club in PA. As a group, we had lots of misses, duds, malfunctions, etc. I don't believe that .22's are as fast as our usual CAS guns. That said, it was a lot of fun. I learned that a new (actually an unused 30 year-old) Rossi pump has issues if you try to hold it like a lever action, by pressing the forearm into your shoulder; duh! I believe that an Adult Buckeroo category would spice things up. Plus it gives another excuse to buy more guns. We could handicap the really fast shooters by making them use Remington target ammo which appears to have a guaranteed minimum of one dud per box of 50.

Church Key

See Lumpy's post above. We have had the IWIW22A (I wish I was 22 Again) category for a couple years to help cut costs, save reloading time (not all have it), and encourage practice. Recoil excepted, Single Sixes can get relatively representative, and a Henry, Marlin, Win or Uberti silverboy can do a decent impersonation of a 73/84.

Sure it ain't exactly your main match gun, butr much of the dynamics are the same, including the all important transitions.

:);)

BTW. I have run about 2500 Federal AutoMatch thru my guns (Single Sixes, Henry GB, and Browning BLR) with NO duds. Great, inexpensive ammo IMHO!

Harvey

I'm not short on primers. I was stocking up on them when nobody was hoarding.

Me too, I have about 7000 Lg. Pistol primers and plenty of Shotshell primers. In fact I'm picking up 1000 sg primers today at the gun shop that I work at.

Sweet! I'm set for this year of CAS!!!

:) Rye

I remember a lot of posts, in fact one by yours truly, prior to the election urging shooters to be stocked up on ammo, and components. I know from talking to pards at shoots that many of us did. While I believe it will be out there on the shelves again, the stores will be proud of them. Many started limiting amounts of ammo months ago and several are months in the "back order" mode on so many things.....

KK

Archived