SASS Wire Forum

the President will lay out his prescription

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Interesting post on Allen West's FB page...

I anxiously await President Obama's gun control proposals. I must ask if those in his administration who promoted Operation Fast and Furious were consulted on any of these measures. The hypocrisy is truly laughable.

Furthermore, I wonder if the President considered inviting the mother and the two 9-year-old twins from Walton County, Georgia who were saved by a gun from a criminal invasion? How about letters from our children who want spending control and debt reduction in order to preserve their future? Will they get to be political stage props?

I wish the President would review the entire Declaration of Independence and recognize the parallel of grievances Jefferson articulated against King George III and understand that Americans will stand up for the next generation!

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

I read yesterday there's a Senator from Texas that's ready to file impeachment papers, we can only hope..

My gut feeling is we're going to see a lot of this "executive order" business over the next four years..

Can anybody say "Dictator"?

The thing I just can't understand is that so many of the same people who are so down on the 2nd Amendment love to hide behind the 1st..Don't they realize if the 2nd is ever done away with the 1st will be the next to follow? :wacko:

Hey Gunner,

think about this:

I'm going on faint memories about 'history' but there are 3 folks (i won't call them leaders) in our history who used children for props to promote personal agendas.

And they are:

Adolph Hitler

Saddam Hussian (sp)

Barack O'Bama

Go figure!

..........Widder

Hey Gunner,

think about this:

I'm going on faint memories about 'history' but there are 3 folks (i won't call them leaders) in our history who used children for props to promote personal agendas.

And they are:

Adolph Hitler

Saddam Hussian (sp)

Barack O'Bama

Go figure!

..........Widder

but...but...the children are making a special request...who can be against children?.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/wh-releases-letters-little-kids-pleading-gun-control_696099.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

I'm waiting to hear. This topic has ticked me off for days...but it's been mostly fed by the anti-gun crowd and nancyboy newspaper idiots. I want to hear what the president actually wants to do.

My guess is that it won't be all that much by executive order. He needs the legislature to get things done and they flat out won't.

If he does propose a number of sweeping changes, I'd say he's committed high crimes and misdemeanors in his re-election effort and we should throw the sumbitch out.

so....what 23 EO's did he sign?

Here's the list, via the White House. (I did not engage in complication reporter-fu to get this. It's the general fact sheet.)

• 1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
  • 2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
  • 3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
  • 4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
  • 5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
  • 6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
  • 7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
  • 8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
  • 9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
  • 10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
  • 11. Nominate an ATF director.
  • 12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
  • 13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
  • 14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
  • 15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
  • 16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
  • 17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
  • 18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
  • 19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
  • 20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
  • 21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
  • 22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
  • 23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

And these are the legislative ideas -- i.e., the ones the president wants to push through Congress, starting with the more pliable Senate.

• Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")
  • Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.
  • Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.
  • Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.
  • Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.
  • End the freeze on gun violence research.
  • Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.
  • Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.
  • Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

Archived