SASS Wire Forum

Whitehouse sent email asking for survey

Go West

I got an email from the Whitehouse asking me to complete a survey. This may have been from the Ruger petition I signed. http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTMwMTE1LjE0NDExMzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEzMDExNS4xNDQxMTM1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MDE1NzkzJmVtYWlsaWQ9ai5zY2hvcm1hbkBjb3gubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1qLnNjaG9ybWFuQGNveC5uZXQmZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&100&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/tell-us-what-you-think-wtp?utm_source=hotlist&utm_medium=text1&utm_campaign=survey

I figured this is a good time to ask for a national carry law among other things. I was good and refrained from name calling and respectfully asked that they do the same. Maybe some of you will get one of these or maybe the link I supplied may work for you. :FlagAm:/>

I got an email from the Whitehouse asking me to complete a survey. This may have been from the Ruger petition I signed. http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTMwMTE1LjE0NDExMzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEzMDExNS4xNDQxMTM1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3MDE1NzkzJmVtYWlsaWQ9ai5zY2hvcm1hbkBjb3gubmV0JnVzZXJpZD1qLnNjaG9ybWFuQGNveC5uZXQmZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&100&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/tell-us-what-you-think-wtp?utm_source=hotlist&utm_medium=text1&utm_campaign=survey

I figured this is a good time to ask for a national carry law among other things. I was good and refrained from name calling and respectfully asked that they do the same. Maybe some of you will get one of these or maybe the link I supplied may work for you. :FlagAm:/>/>/>

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! I didn't sign the Ruger petition for that very reason. I'm not giving the Feds any information that they can use to find me and my guns.

In my opinoin, choosing not to exercise your right to petition government for fear of letting them know you have guns plays right into their hands. Stand up for what you believe. They, I'm sure, already know who has guns and who don't.

DMJ

How do they know you have guns unless you live in a state with gun registration. The NICS check for buying a firearm is supposed to be destroyed in 24-48 hours after it's called in. The Feds have no way of knowing who has guns. Please stop this conspiracy bullcrap! I wouldn't put it past this president to do something shady but not without consequences. We still live in a voting republic and there is checks and balances. There's already politicians brewing up an impeachment if Obama goes beyond the EO limits.

Chill out parts,

Rye

Sure they know which of us has them, they even remember who they gave them to in Mexico. Wish they had shown this concern about transferring guns to the Mexican drug dealers! The hypocrisy of he and Holder travelling the country together preaching their version of gun control to star struck crowds proves that we have become a country without any moral compass. What was that movie line, "The star that shines the brightest, shines the shortest", and America did shine so brightly.

How do they know you have guns unless you live in a state with gun registration. The NICS check for buying a firearm is supposed to be destroyed in 24-48 hours after it's called in. The Feds have no way of knowing who has guns. Please stop this conspiracy bullcrap! I wouldn't put it past this president to do something shady but not without consequences. We still live in a voting republic and there is checks and balances. There's already politicians brewing up an impeachment if Obama goes beyond the EO limits.

Chill out parts,

Rye

it's called hard copy (paper files). you filled one out every time you purched a weapon. i' am not shure how long they are supposed to be maintained by the dealer.but it is a longer time so the feds cancheck on your business . any ffl holders want to chime in.

Howdy,

afaik the form you fill out when buying any gun from a ffl is stored at the

dealership until they go out of business.

When that dealer folds up those forms are supposed to go to the feds.

What happens to them after that is anybodys guess.

The feds could have a data base but all those forms and all that info would

have to be entered by someone. That would be some job.

So if you ever bought a gun from a dealer who is out of business now the feds

could have your name, but it might not be in accessable form.

I have this same story from several sources and believe it to be correct.

Best

CR

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!! I didn't sign the Ruger petition for that very reason. I'm not giving the Feds any information that they can use to find me and my guns.

Pard... I've had the same thoughts at times, but the fact is they already know about me, and I have little doubt that they have at least some paper on most everyone who has ever purchased a legal handgun from a dealer. In fact, I think that I saw your photo on the side of a milk carton the other day. :ph34r:

Snakebite

They already know for a fact and exactly what and where some of our firearms are at. They had of be filed on a form 1 or form 4 with an exact description and location, took 6 months each to receive approval for them. You can bet your britches they would like them all to be like that.

Maybe SOME? But how about all those hand me downs and face-to-face buys in states where no paper work is needed. They upped the number of firearms in the USA, but I'll tell you there is NO way and NO one really has any idea how many guns are in the USA. I am beginning to fear a bloody revolution coming to the USA.

Howdy,

afaik the form you fill out when buying any gun from a ffl is stored at the

dealership until they go out of business.

When that dealer folds up those forms are supposed to go to the feds.

What happens to them after that is anybodys guess.

The feds could have a data base but all those forms and all that info would

have to be entered by someone. That would be some job.

So if you ever bought a gun from a dealer who is out of business now the feds

could have your name, but it might not be in accessable form.

I have this same story from several sources and believe it to be correct.

Best

CR

You're exactly right. I work part time at a gun shop and I know this to be true. If the business goes out the forms go to the Feds but they are out of date and you may not own the firearms anymore. The ATF can come in anytime to check out the dealer's records but they are looking for a gun stolen or used in a crime or just checking the dealer's records to see if all the info is filled out correctly.

jmorris: exactly how do they know where the firearms are? Would you like to explain that statement? Please?

Rye

Even if the government can't trace face to face sales, I can stretch my imagination far enough to see them demanding/getting sales records from any place that sells ammo or reloading supplies through mail-order to create a list of likely locations for gun owners. Same could be done for retail sales done with a credit card. The only way to avoid this crazy hypothetical scheme would be to make every ammo purchase with cash and hope the csi's facial recognition software can't sort out the bad images in the security cameras of the big box store.

If they want to find gun owners bad enough, there is probably a way. Our best chance is to participate in the lawmaking process to get the best outcome.

Thanks for the link. I responded and added a few comments about 2nd ammendment at the bottom.

KK

Pard... I've had the same thoughts at times, but the fact is they already know about me, and I have little doubt that they have at least some paper on most everyone who has ever purchased a legal handgun from a dealer. In fact, I think that I saw your photo on the side of a milk carton the other day. :ph34r:/>/>/>

Snakebite

That wasn't me, Snakebite, but it might be in the future if any of his proposed or executive orders make me a felon if I don't comply!

Likely he got it because he had visited the white house page before. I filled out the Ruger survey and didn't get one of those.

Chill out parts,

Rye

If an ATF agents (and other LEOs) visits the store where you bought a gun and filled out a 4473. The agent can see all that information.

When you get an FFL that is one of the terms and behaviours that you are obliged under.

So yes they can find out what they need. It is not a conspiracy it is just a little harder than the feds want. The NICS check doesn't include the gun info.

The 4473 does have it.

Think about how the "Stay below the Radar" worked in the UK, Astrailia & Canada ,,,,, that is what ALLOWED them to get as far as it DID !!!

When the Gunowners finally Dessided to come-out and be heard (stand-up and be counted)We were able to get the Long-gun registry Cancelled ...

Ever Hear of "Paper Tiger" it is scaning Soft-ware that can scan Thousands of pages of documents per hour and sort by any topic or Name,,,,, and fine things to PDF formatte that can be searched using any "Key" word ....

This is in use by Governments here in Canada already ....

Jabez Cowboy

Think about how the "Stay below the Radar" worked in the UK, Astrailia & Canada ,,,,, that is what ALLOWED them to get as far as it DID !!!

When the Gunowners finally Dessided to come-out and be heard (stand-up and be counted)We were able to get the Long-gun registry Cancelled ...

Ever Hear of "Paper Tiger" it is scaning Soft-ware that can scan Thousands of pages of documents per hour and sort by any topic or Name,,,,, and fine things to PDF formatte that can be searched using any "Key" word ....

This is in use by Governments here in Canada already ....

Jabez Cowboy

I've heard that when retiring FFL's turn in the 4473's many times those files somehow got all wet and are all stuck together. I wonder if that machine will work on those. :rolleyes:

have you ever bought a hunting or fishing liscense?

bingo

ever posted anything on a gun happy fourum?

yikes, a gov hacker could find out more

done under the guise of national security

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dhs-expand-and-formalize-coordination-gun-control-efforts_696127.html

There is virtually no way to remain anonymous and under the radar these days. Screw em

Molon Labe.

They already know where you are.

Randy

Have any of you, that don't think they know who has the guns, purchased a firearm via the internet ? Ever see the movie "Enemy of th State" Big borther has many avenues to keep track of it's citizens. As mentioned above some of us have firearms that predate any paperwork. Keep them close to your vest and don't advertize that you have them, not even to your friends. No matter what Obama does it will still boil down to local law enforcement to pick up the weapons. Don't see that happening except in large metro areas of liberal sheep. If I'm wrong about this, Katie bar the door.

1358336695[/url]' post='2577011']

In my opinoin, choosing not to exercise your right to petition government for fear of letting them know you have guns plays right into their hands. Stand up for what you believe. They, I'm sure, already know who has guns and who don't.

DMJ

+1The day I have to fear for my rights under the Constitution is the day I move

Archived