SASS Wire Forum

NY State 7 round mag law

Reverend P. Babcock Chase

it only applies to semi auto rifles, shotguns and pistols with a detachable magazine

Cuomo just signed the legislation into law...

It's going to happen state by state or nationwide - we are in a pickle pards.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Cuomo just signed the legislation into law...

It's going to happen state by state or nationwide - we are in a pickle pards.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

perhaps

like minded folks that fully support the 2nd amendment

might want to pick a couple of states to move to

I vote for Texas as one of them

Folks this is a cancer!! NY is just the start. If you think it can't spread you are wrong!! All of the PRO GUN RESOURSES must be consentrated on NY to sue that these laws are un-constitusional and over turned. Cancer has no reguard with who it attacks!!

I wouldn't want to be an avid IPSC shooter in NY!! Imagine have an open gun with mags capable of holding 32 rounds and not being able to load more than seven. Wow.

But I am sure that the cops will be able to use hi-cap mags because they don't face the same criminal element as the common citizenry does, right?

I'm just glad I live in the FREE and PRO-GUN state of Virginia, where the only things we have to register is motor vehicles, water craft, and sex offenders! Anti-gun candidates for political office do not fare well in this state (except in that liberal wasteland of the two counties that comprise Occupied Northern Virginia) and always fade into political obscurity when they lose badly. Just ask Mary Sue Terry or Leslie Byrne.

I'm just glad I live in the FREE and PRO-GUN state of Virginia, where the only things we have to register is motor vehicles, water craft, and sex offenders! Anti-gun candidates for political office do not fare well in this state (except in that liberal wasteland of the two counties that comprise Occupied Northern Virginia) and always fade into political obscurity when they lose badly. Just ask Mary Sue Terry or Leslie Byrne.

Colorado used to be like that. Now we have a Democrat controlled legislature anf Governor. Thanks to thr urban corridor. Remain vigilant.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with this new law, it is shameful that in a Republic that a piece of legislation has been proposed and passed in one week's time without any meaningful opportunity for all affected citizens to comment on the proposed legislation. Legislation by ambush is not the way our system of government was meant to function.

This is a big win for the anti's and a sad day for New Yorkers, I don't know of any other gun except a 1911 45 acp that has a seven round mag, and I can't think of many manufactures that are going to make special mags for New Yorkers, so a lot of folks are going to be unable to use their firearms for self defense. I hope someone challenges this up to the Supreme Court because this is denying people their right to self defense...

Whether one agrees or disagrees with this new law, it is shameful that in a Republic that a piece of legislation has been proposed and passed in one week's time without any meaningful opportunity for all affected citizens to comment on the proposed legislation. Legislation by ambush is not the way our system of government was meant to function.

=====================================================

It was a rush job and that's how rush jobs turn out. I know a mechanic who has a sign hanging in the office of his shop that reads thusly: RUSH JOBS

You want it bad, you get it BAD

The worse you want it, the WORSE you get it

Now how BAD do you want it?

Howdy,

There are two major problems in NY. The first is the state's political power comes from the anti's in NY city area. The next problem is NY has a lot of hunters and trap and skeet shooters. The attitude of a lot of them up to now was let them ban assault rifles, as long as they leave my shotgun alone. Well now they have come to the realization that its going to be hard to get ammo to shoot their non assault SG. And what will be the next step.

There is a large wholesale/ distributor that I go before work. Normally there is myself and a couple customers waiting for them to open. Well yesterday all day the large parking was full and folks were parking on the street.

NY should now be an example for the rest of the country, support politicians who support 2nd amendment. NY should be the poster child for showing what can happen, and people should join the NRA

BTW the thing I would like to know is will the LT. governor who is know to carry a double stack semi auto obey the law and carry something different?????

Nawlins

OHIO!!!!!! All you New Yorkers just have a short ride to the Wild West of the Buckeye state. C'mon, cost of living is cheaper, nicer weather, a huge lake and CAS shoots every weekend of the month! We have the least prohibitive gun laws in the USA!!! CCL, easy to get, no assault weapons ban, no high cap ban, and no registration or permits to buy etc.

OHIO.........the new "Wild West"

They did call it the "Western Reserve at one time

Rye :)

Michigan is pretty good - especially since we no longer have Granholm at the helm. If she were governor now - oh my oh my....

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

But I am sure that the cops will be able to use hi-cap mags because they don't face the same criminal element as the common citizenry does, right?

Dan,it seems in their haste to pass this bad law,They forgot to exempt the Law Enforcement community.At least I didn't see it when I looked over the law.

Archived