SASS Wire Forum

Need help with a drill press.

Dorado

I was given an old drill press but it's missing 2 of the 3 feed levers. Anyone know where I could find a replacement pair? I'm having trouble finding some. I don't even know what size they are. I guess that's the problem with 25 year old Taiwanese tools. lol

The press is:

Target Machinery Industry co.

TT-18FP

16 speed

Not sure what you mean by feed lever.

If you mean the handles that you use to lower the drill head, take off the remaining one, find out what the thread is and make your own replacement handles.

If you mean something else, then maybe take the one feed lever you have to a machine shop and tell them what you need to match.

I was given an old drill press but it's missing 2 of the 3 feed levers. Anyone know where I could find a replacement pair? I'm having trouble finding some. I don't even know what size they are. I guess that's the problem with 25 year old Taiwanese tools. lol

The press is:

Target Machinery Industry co.

TT-18FP

16 speed

Be great if you could post a photo. Most all the Chinese stuff is made in two or three factories and sold under different names. Likely there is a handle available, but not sure what you need.

As mentioned, if you mean the handles used to lower the head --- take the remaining one to a local commercial nut and bolt supply house and you can get a couple bolts most likely in metric then just use them as new handles, if you wanna go spiffy --- you can cut the bolt head off and thread it and buy a couple billiard balls drill them and tap them corresponding threads and there you go

As mentioned, if you mean the handles used to lower the head --- take the remaining one to a local commercial nut and bolt supply house and you can get a couple bolts most likely in metric then just use them as new handles, if you wanna go spiffy --- you can cut the bolt head off and thread it and buy a couple billiard balls drill them and tap them corresponding threads and there you go

Buy three, and replace the one remaining original - they'll all match~! ^_^

Advertise on CraigsList for a press exactly like yours and tell'em you'll pay $25 for the press, working or not but must have the "feed handles". Look on eBay, too.

The simplist solutions have been mentioned.

Yeah, I've thought about bolts, I just need to go find some. The feed lever is the thingy that lowers the head. I've tried taking the handle and trying out on other presses but I can't find any that fit. Stupid metric system.

But I will say this about the press. It runs nice and smooth.

Archived