SASS Wire Forum

Coffee

Subdeacon Joe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wall, it sure is good this morning. Now all I need is a crackling camp fire and some bacon on the fir.

You put bacon on your Christmas tree, Charlie?

Just coffee

Doesn't matter if it's light, black, sweet, not sweet, hot or cold. Just as long as it's coffee.

Roger that.

Well, I did when we had a live tree. But about three weeks after I took it down and

put it on the fir. It would burn right smart. Gave off enough heat to bile water and

make coffee and fry bacon. Wood even cook a aig or three also.

Well, I did when we had a live tree. But about three weeks after I took it down and

put it on the fir. It would burn right smart. Gave off enough heat to bile water and

make coffee and fry bacon. Wood even cook a aig or three also.

:lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/>

Dang nut jobs down in Seattle won't let us county folks burn outside. Another legacy of Al Gore and his global warming hoax. Now they want to charge you to chip it up and and then sell it back to you to put it on your yard as mulch. A good lesson here in politics. Create a problem, sell a solution to the folks and then charge a tax to make it work for them. No wonder this country is in such a state of disruption.

I tell folks I want it strong enough to float a horseshoe, hot enough to make it wilt, and if there's still a crumb or two of road apple clingin' to that shoe it'll just add flavor. ;)/>

That said, I like it a tiny bit strong, usually black*, and drip or perked (there's NOTHING on this planet like an enameled mug of coffee just perked on a campfire!).

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Arbuckles yet!! True "Cowboy Coffee," and it really is danged good. Pretty much gotta mail-order (online), but worth it. :blush:/>

*Once in a great while mebbe a li'l cream and artificial sweetener.... and a dollop of a good whiskey when cold - just for antifreeze, don'tcha know! ^_^/>

+1 on the Arbuckles. They are just down the street and sometimes I stop in just to "smell the air"

Here's Arbuckle's location if you've not stopped ny when in Tucson:

Arbuckle Coffee Roasters

3550 E Corporate Dr, Tucson, AZ 85706

I'm sorry but I just can't get by the Starbuck's thingy. MY daughter lives on the stuff, but to me it is just another dress up coffee. I get stares when I take the girls in and ask for A PLAIN CUPPA JOE PLEASE.

I just love being a maverick. More like an old goat I guess. But I iz what I iz.

K-cups!!! I get the Caribou Coffee med roast K-cups the most. For Christmas I got a 2 pack of ground coffee from Caribou and I put it in the K-cup adaptor thing.

What so nice about the K-cup is I can have my selection then my wife likes flavored coffee K-cups and the son likes hot chocolate.

CPK

This is just what I do same coffee and everything!!!

I'm sorry but I just can't get by the Starbuck's thingy. MY daughter lives on the stuff, but to me it is just another dress up coffee. I get stares when I take the girls in and ask for A PLAIN CUPPA JOE PLEASE.

I just love being a maverick. More like an old goat I guess. But I iz what I iz.

I go in and order "A 20 oz. of whatever medium roast you have on tap."

Kinda fun watching 'em almost sprain their eyelids blinking as they try to figure out what I mean.

Just for info.Anyone using the K CUPS. You need to use a good bottle water in it.I have a filter on my well but did not use bottle water and it plugged up in less than a year.I love the K CUPS.

I run vinegar thru mine once a week. We use filtered tap water, but yore right it does tend to plug up from the hard water.

CPK

Them Starbucks folks have their own language. I order for my daughter and I have no idea of what I am asking for. She wrote it down for me so I would know what to ask for. I was surprised, because when she said double tall, skinny, I knew she was not talking to me.....

So I try to give it back to them with plain english. They seem to struggle with that some. :rolleyes:

I finally figured out that "K-cup" means those machines that take the little coffee thingies (I know, highly technical term) for single servings. I looked at those. GOOD LORD! Pricing it out that stuff is about 65 cents to close to a buck a cup. ONE CUP! Might as well go out to a restaurant - yeah, 2 bucks, but you can sit there for hours drinking and they keep refilling your cup.

Got a Cuisinart machine where you fill the top with beans, set the dial for the number of cups you want and it grinds the right amount of coffee, drops it in the brew basket, boils the right amount of water and drips it thru the basket, into the pot.

I like mine drip, black, sweet and hot, I have my cup drained before my wife has taken the first sip of hers.

Of COURSE, Badger...! :)

There were many beans ground with a rifle butt and a flat or concave rock... ;)

Coffee... Let me see, depending on my mood I have automatic drip, french presses (three of them in different sizes), K-Cup, Cappuccino machine, or stove top espresso maker. Seems whenever someone is at a loss for what to get me as a gift, it is coffee related. I generally just toss some Folger's "Black Silk" into the drip maker of a night before going to bed so it is ready when I wake up. When I am in the mood though, I will get beans and grind them myself for one of my french presses.

Oh, and either black or with half-and-half. No sweetener, please.

Drip at home and work, black. At living history events and shoots, it's boiled or perked on the campfire, with water and grounds added throughout the day as needed. The teacher in the room next to mine is part-owner of a gourmet coffee shop, and I love the look on her face when I tell her about drinking that stuff at the end of the day-same color and viscosity as well-used motor oil!

I posted early in the thread, but we use a Bunn coffee maker. Do have to clean it about once a month or so. Dang minerals in the water here. white vinegar. We go through around four pots of the stuff in a day. Refer to myself as a coffee-holic :rolleyes::blush:

I posted early in the thread, but we use a Bunn coffee maker. Do have to clean it about once a month or so. Dang minerals in the water here. white vinegar. We go through around four pots of the stuff in a day. Refer to myself as a coffee-holic :rolleyes:/> :blush:/>

We use CLR to clean our Bunn coffee makers.Non-toxic and it doesn't STINK up the place with that nasty vinegar smell.

since I don't get to town much since I retired I start the day with eight o'clock from a drip machine. if I'm feeling in the mood to clean the mess the espresso machine makes I make some Cuban coffee. use to buy green beans and roast/grind my own, still do for holidys. a couple of shots of Cuban and a nice cigar makes for a relaxing after dinner treat.

Boiled on a camp fire at da end of da driveway.....

like my wimmen.....lightly sweet an tan !

An like some others, I do not w@&k....an dim dat say I do are liars ! lol

Real half and half? or the stuff you buy in the store which is often 1/3-2/3 or even 1/4-3/4 or even worse.

:o Say it ain't so!

BSD

At $500 a pound, Black Ivory coffee from Thailand is the way to go. 72lbs of coffee cherries are fed to an elephant and the recoverable 2lbs from the elephant dung is ground into coffee. YUM YUM!! It seems the digestive process removes the acid and the coffee is very smooth. Any takers?

At $500 a pound, Black Ivory coffee from Thailand is the way to go. 72lbs of coffee cherries are fed to an elephant and the recoverable 2lbs from the elephant dung is ground into coffee. YUM YUM!! It seems the digestive process removes the acid and the coffee is very smooth. Any takers?

Now that is just wrong! ^_^ Imagine way beck when the first person thought eating them dung-beans was a good idea ... just how desperate he/she/it was for a cup-o-joe! :blink:

I am a true coffee hound. Drink about 10-12 cups of very strong coffee over the course of a day. Folgers "Gourmet" from a drip maker with an auto setting that cooks the pot at 0530 hrs. Have a sign in the kitchen that says "Give me coffee and nobody gets hurt."

I spent a long time in the Army and got used to cold coffee and warm beer.

At rendezvous camp I have a large pot on the fire at all times. One of my friends said I don't make coffee, I make concentrate - one spoonful of my brewed coffee in a cup of hot water makes a barely drinkable cup of Joe.

The only problem with espresso is the cups are too small.

Starbucks - the more ingredients in the cup, the bigger the a##hole. "Lemon peppermint almondine vanilla mocha please. Large."

If any of this offends you, please do not read it.

The O'Meara Himkself

Coffee is like religion, guns and politics - each of us has our our preference. I like mine hot and black with a "sensible" amount of cream and "blessed" with a "shot" of Bailey's accompanied by a "magazine" to pass the time. Just my choice......

Archived