SASS Wire Forum

Coffee

Subdeacon Joe

Drip, perc, press, boiled?

Sweet?

Light or black?

For me, at home, french press, a little sweet, and a little light. If I'm on the road I make up my travel cup and a vacuum flask of french press, sweet and black. Same for work.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOT!

Slightly sweet. No cream. Maybe a knuckle of Mac if the weather is really cold and I am going to sit by the fire. Coffee maker with hot water over ground coffee dripped into an insulated pot.

I must be a wimp.K Cups.I drink coffee all day and don't like old.I know it this is not the cowboy way.

Tried all types. French Press and fresh ground medium to dark roast beans from these guys is the best for me.

If I'm really desperate I'll drink instant in a canteen cup. ;)

To answer your question. Yes. All of the above.

Mmmmmmmm.......coffeeeeeee.....

Dark roast, drip, little sweetener and REAL cream. And large. Very, very, LARGE. Enjoying it as I type.

And it's a coffee...

American-style coffee...

Not a latte...

Not a half-caffe with a soy whip...

Not a double shot pumpkin spice with cinnamon dust...

Not a venti...or a grande...or anything else foreign.

EC

(now where is that drooling emoticon when ya' need it!)

I buy 5 pouns of green beans I have an interest in.

I roast my own beans to the color I want. And its FRESH!

I grind them to the size I like.

I drip my coffee.

I drink it hot and black.

My kids started filching my coffee some time back. My son told me it was the best coffe he can get ... bar none. I think he is right. ^_^

Mmmmmmmm.......coffeeeeeee.....

Dark roast, drip, little sweetener and REAL cream. And large. Very, very, LARGE. Enjoying it as I type.

And it's a coffee...

American-style coffee...

Not a latte...

Not a half-caffe with a soy whip...

Not a double shot pumpkin spice with cinnamon dust...

Not a venti...or a grande...or anything else foreign.

EC

(now where is that drooling emoticon when ya' need it!)

I'll confuse them and order a 20 oz. brewed coffee.

I tell folks I want it strong enough to float a horseshoe, hot enough to make it wilt, and if there's still a crumb or two of road apple clingin' to that shoe it'll just add flavor. ;)

That said, I like it a tiny bit strong, usually black*, and drip or perked (there's NOTHING on this planet like an enameled mug of coffee just perked on a campfire!).

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Arbuckles yet!! True "Cowboy Coffee," and it really is danged good. Pretty much gotta mail-order (online), but worth it. :blush:

*Once in a great while mebbe a li'l cream and artificial sweetener.... and a dollop of a good whiskey when cold - just for antifreeze, don'tcha know! ^_^

Hmmm...can't say....I've never had a cup of coffee...not even a sip.

But I Love coffee ice cream...Starbucks had one called "Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz" - whole chunks of coffee bean and choclate in it...Mmmmmmmmm

LL

Hmmm....sounds like a dollop of that would be good in a mug of coffee!

If we go out to breakfast I'll sometimes add some orange marmalade for a flavored coffee.

Drip, black. Eight O'Clock Columbian, either preground or ground myself. Prefer to grind it myself, though. Just seems to taste better. Just got a new coffee mill, a Mr.Coffee burr type. Still dialing it in, though. Have only run one small bag through it, and believe I've just about got it dialed in now :blush:

Cowboy coffee, over open fire, fresh ground double cracked roasted bean, coarse ground in old hand crank machine, pour into the cold water of coffee pot. Bring to a boil where it starts go over, remove off fire and pour one cupof cold ontop to settle grinds to the bottom. Return to the fire and pour yourself a cup.

Costco sells Dunkin Donuts coffee in the big bag. I saw it there once and decided to try it and that's what I drink. With a touch of cream and that's it.

I too found the Dunkin Donuts coffee. I like mine a little strong with a little hazelnut, a little cream, a little honey and Powers Irish Whiskey. Notice I didn't indicate a "little" on the Irish.

Folgers Classic Roast. We keep a pot on all day. My foreman always has to have a cup, but loads it down with sugar.

For me, just a little milk or cream to my cup and that's it. When I'm on the road, McDonalds makes a pretty good cup. Never have

been a Starbucks guy. Could never justify $4 bucks at Starbucks for coffee.

K-cups!!! I get the Caribou Coffee med roast K-cups the most. For Christmas I got a 2 pack of ground coffee from Caribou and I put it in the K-cup adaptor thing.

What so nice about the K-cup is I can have my selection then my wife likes flavored coffee K-cups and the son likes hot chocolate.

CPK

K-cups!!! I get the Caribou Coffee med roast K-cups the most. For Christmas I got a 2 pack of ground coffee from Caribou and I put it in the K-cup adaptor thing.

What so nice about the K-cup is I can have my selection then my wife likes flavored coffee K-cups and the son likes hot chocolate.

CPK

Caribou is pretty dang good coffee. :)

We received a K-cup machine for Christmas. I like Donut House Decaf and Uno drinks the Donut House Regular. Since we're still learning the machine, I can see trying lots of different things in the near future.

Oh and for a "treat" coffee, I like the VanHoute' Chocolate Raspberry. YUM!!

Drip

No cream

No sugar

A pot in the morning minus the cup hubby drinks and a pot in the evening.

Can't even remember when I started drinking coffee for breakfast because I DO NOT, WILL NOT drink milk (not even chocolate) but back then mom always put sugar in it.

I have the cowboy coffee pot, a Cuisinart drip coffee maker, and a Keurig, but I use the K cups most often. I like real Half n Half in my Caribou. ;)/>

BSD

Just for info.Anyone using the K CUPS. You need to use a good bottle water in it.I have a filter on my well but did not use bottle water and it plugged up in less than a year.I love the K CUPS.

I have the cowboy coffee pot, a Cuisinart drip coffee maker, and a Keurig, but I use the K cups most often. I like real Half n Half in my Caribou. ;)/>/>

BSD

Real half and half? or the stuff you buy in the store which is often 1/3-2/3 or even 1/4-3/4 or even worse.

Archived