SASS Wire Forum

Puppy wanted

Howdy all, I am looking for some help. On 1-6-13 our beloved dog Max passed away, he was a large part of our lives and is dearly missed. The breeder that we got him from is no longer in business,so we need some help. We would like to get a Brittany puppy in the spring to help fill the void left by Max's passing. We live in northwest wisconsin and are having trouble locating anyone who raises Brittanys. If any of you know of someone could you please PM me. The pup is not intended to be used for hunting, just for companionship. It will be spoiled, live in the house with us and accompany us on walks, to shoots etc. Any help will be appreciated, a litter due the end of Feb. or March would work best.

Thanks;

Tracker Jack Daniels & Cattail Rose

Can't help you -- but, WE WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES!!! :)

Best of luck.

Uno & Calamity: Owned by two German Shedders (both rescues)

Tracker, when I first saw the title of your post, I thought to myself "Now wouldn't it be amazing if someone was looking for a Brit..."

Was I ever astonished when I read it!

Although I can't help in your quest, I do wish you the best of luck in finding one! Without a doubt about my most favorite breed; I've known a bunch and had two of my own - Sandie was dumb as a duck egg, but as sweet as could be. Woody was amazingly smart - as an old hunting buddy once observed, "That dog's just too smart for his own good and it's gonna get 'im in trouble!" It did on occasion, but he was an absolute delight all of his 16 years. AND an amazing field dog! But best of all, he was my constant companion. I still get misty when I think of that ol' guy... and most of my friends and family know that my favorite ever Thanksgiving memory was of sharing two Swanson TV dinners with Woody, heated on a small Coleman stove in a duck blind.

If a Brit is what you want, hold out 'til ya find one. You'll be happy ya did. ;)

So far, I could do Golden Retrievers, Standard Poodles, or Dobermans.

Thanks Harry I appreciate the help, I knew one was going to be hard to find so I started to look early. Figured the wire was a good place to go for help.

Tracker, when I first saw the title of your post, I thought to myself "Now wouldn't it be amazing if someone was looking for a Brit..."

Was I ever astonished when I read it!

Although I can't help in your quest, I do wish you the best of luck in finding one! Without a doubt about my most favorite breed; I've known a bunch and had two of my own - Sandie was dumb as a duck egg, but as sweet as could be. Woody was amazingly smart - as an old hunting buddy once observed, "That dog's just too smart for his own good and it's gonna get 'im in trouble!" It did on occasion, but he was an absolute delight all of his 16 years. AND an amazing field dog! But best of all, he was my constant companion. I still get misty when I think of that ol' guy... and most of my friends and family know that my favorite ever Thanksgiving memory was of sharing two Swanson TV dinners with Woody, heated on a small Coleman stove in a duck blind.

If a Brit is what you want, hold out 'til ya find one. You'll be happy ya did. ;)/>

Thanks Hardpan,

Our Max sounds like your Woody. He was my constant shadow when I was home. When he was young he did not like car rides but about a year and a half ago he decided he wanted to go with me one day to the dump. After that every Saturday he would pester me until I got things around to go to the dump. Then out to the car, into the passenger seat and looking like the king of the world off we would go. Still can't stop the tears when I think of him. We are looking, and will keep on til we find one.

Truly sorry about your loss. They are like kids with four feet and a tail.

I can't vouch for anything about these sites or the breeders on them, however they have the breed you want:

Pet Finder

This one required a zip so I put in 53701 for Madision, WI

Breeders.net

Good luck!

Waimea

FlagAm.gif/>

Pard,

Coming from a dog rescue family(Caribou Cup Cake actually helps run one) please, please take a look at one of the rescues. Bout every breed has rescues. Plenty of good dogs out there living in rough times that would live and die for a good home like you sound like your giving. We that work in rescues beg and pray for pards like you to take a look our way. You wont regret it, I swear. shameless plug -facebook- miami valley pit crew.....;).. good luck with your search.

God put dogs on this earth to make us better men.(not sure who said it but wow.)

Ornery Oaf

Archived