SASS Wire Forum

Siege at St Augustine

Marauder SASS #13056

I heard that it was a great match with some movement, but close and fast for the most part. Hearing there were not many misses, so you had to both fast and clean..

I think Easy Rider may have won Gunfighter.

Roughneck Rod had a really good match...

Sorry I had to miss it, but what have ya'll been hearing.

Dang It Dan and his lovely wife Dang Its Darling won overall Top Man and Top Lady.

Congratulations, you two!

Waimea

:FlagAm:/>

Well I heard Dang it Dan was 1st.

Deuce wuz 2nd

Sidekick wuz 3rd

Stan wuz 4th

Dang its Darlin wuz 1st lady

thats all I heard. Way ta go great shooting.

My source stated it was a great match,

RRR

Its tough when the first big shoot of the year is this good. Sure makes for big shoes to fill for the rest of the year.

Lady T and I had a wonderful time, the stages could not have been better, Targets were in the right place, most of the time :rolleyes: Stage fronts were an 11 out of 10, (public education)

Already told Cope I would be back next year and hopefully we could come down early enough to help out more at the shoot.

This is one of the finest facilities I get to go to, the full camping is about a mile or two away, the hotels are about a mile or two away, restaurants abound, very easy to get to, within a mile or two off the interstate. Many shooters, old friends and new ones now.

If you have never gone to this one it is one for you list. Better get in early, filled up this year and I am pretty sure most everyone plans on coming back.

By the way, the awards are incredible. Very nice and also usable. One of those that will be out in view with gun belts hanging on it as opposed to put in the awards cabinet.

Thanks Lil Miss, Cope, Ancient City Gun Club, Ghost Town Gunslingers and everyone else who had so much to do to make a match like this happen.

What a way to start the new year, if this is any indication of what is to come in 2013 it may be the best year ever for CAS. Might even help me get over the pain of Washington or at least help deaden it a little.

Well, I will have to start with a correction:

I was Florida State Champ and HOA. Darlin', "thought" she was also HOA and Florida State Champ, but after checking the scores we discovered that PIOUS PLAYER was actually first lady (14th overall) and Andrea was second (21st overall). So Pious Player, if you're out there, the Siege has a new shiny badge for you.

Now as to the match - well it was everything that we wanted and a bit more!!! Good stage design. Straight forward but not boring by any means. There were moving targets on two stages and one stage with knock downs. Everything was very do-able but it was up to you set the pace. I got to shoot with some of the best in the S.E. (where the heck were you RAY??) and it came down to the last stage of the match.

My hat is off to Cope and EVERYONE who was involved with the match. The props were outstanding, the weather was great, heck even the food at the banquet was good.

And, I also have to apologize to the staff at the Wingate Hotel. After drinking three bottles of bourbon, the group got kinda loud in the lobby Saturday night. Well,my head hurts, my neck is sunburned, I am tired but very happy to have had the experience. What a blast. Andrea and I want to extend our sincere graditute to all that put so much into our state match and hope that everyone will remain involved for years to come because this was a first-rate event.

See you down the trail.

Dang It and Darlin'

Many thanks and high praise to Copenhagen, Lil Mis, Bill Bonney, Deadly Sharpshooter (Senior GF champ), Purdy Sharp, Von Zipper, Greta the Great, Oakley and all the rest for an absolutely terrific experience. It was obvious that many hundreds of hours went into the construction of targets and props, range prep, and the planning and execution of the match--and it translated into a first class state championship that was as good as you will find anywhere. Wonderful to see so many old friends and to make some new ones, like Korrupt Karl, Preacherman, Cheyenne Culpepper, General Lee Smokey and many more. Great vendors and food. Kudos to all the champs. If you missed it, sign up early for next year's shoot!

CH

Hay, Dan, you and Stan taking turns??

Way to go to all the top folks and folks that had a great time as they are all winners!

Great that Easy Rider (top Gunfighter) did well and Fast Eddie winning Senior. Pig Iron won his category and McKenzie River and Witch Doctor did well in there with some tough competition.

Well, I will have to start with a correction:

I was Florida State Champ and HOA. Darlin', "thought" she was also HOA and Florida State Champ, but after checking the scores we discovered that PIOUS PLAYER was actually first lady (14th overall) and Andrea was second (21st overall). So Pious Player, if you're out there, the Siege has a new shiny badge for you.

Now as to the match - well it was everything that we wanted and a bit more!!! Good stage design. Straight forward but not boring by any means. There were moving targets on two stages and one stage with knock downs. Everything was very do-able but it was up to you set the pace. I got to shoot with some of the best in the S.E. (where the heck were you RAY??) and it came down to the last stage of the match.

My hat is off to Cope and EVERYONE who was involved with the match. The props were outstanding, the weather was great, heck even the food at the banquet was good.

And, I also have to apologize to the staff at the Wingate Hotel. After drinking three bottles of bourbon, the group got kinda loud in the lobby Saturday night. Well,my head hurts, my neck is sunburned, I am tired but very happy to have had the experience. What a blast. Andrea and I want to extend our sincere graditute to all that put so much into our state match and hope that everyone will remain involved for years to come because this was a first-rate event.

See you down the trail.

Dang It and Darlin'

sorry to have missed Saturday nite!!

Well First Thanks to all that came and supported the match.

Second Yes when we marked the names for FL State Champs Darlin's name was marked but I didn't put a note next to Pious for HOA Lady so Greta read Darlin's name as HOA. I was setting up the shoot off and was not there but as soon as DID and Darlin came over they told me a mistake was made and gave me the badge. I gave it to Mis and she has already put it in the mail for pickup tomorrow. I texted Greta and she was calling Pious and tell here she was the WINNER. She had already left before awards. My Fault but we got it fixed immediately.

So CONGRATULATIONS to Pious Player High Overall Lady!!!!

Third Congrats to DID as HOA!!!

Fourth Arcadia Outlaw won the Shootout in a squeaker against Santa Fe River Stan. Deadly Sharpshooter had charges set on the crossover poppers and they both shot the last target at the same time and we all had to wait a few seconds to let the smoke clear to see who was the winner.

Congrats ARCADIA!!

Cope

WOW! What a tremendous State Match, especially seeing that a new group and range was given the responsibility of carrying on the "Legend". You did proud, a hand to each. The targets, stages, sequences, props, were outstanding. Vendors had a little of something to offer each of us, and the food vendors were tasty.

Also want to give a big hand to Zack McKee who did an outstanding job in story writing, and merging Pirates, and Cowboys into a realistic storyline, and making each stage fit the plot.

Congratulations to Dang it Dan and Pious Player, TOP MEN and LADIES winners, and to Arcadia Outlaw for the shoot-off winner, had some tough competition to win this.

Now, how can you "TOP" this for 2014? MT

I'd also like to congratulate Shamrock Sadie for winning women's Shoot Off & Becca Boo for winning the kids shoot off ,I beleive she was the youngest shooter in the kid's shoot off !Delta Glenn her Dad was beaming !,also congratulate Confederate Colt BP shoot off winner.

Congratulations to Dang it Dan & Pious Player for Overall & all the Catrgory Winners

The Sole Survivor Shoot Off ,I cant wait to see the video ! for me going up against my pal Santa Fe River Stan in the finals who had just knocked Side Kick out in semi finals and coming out the winner was incredible feeling for sure,neither one of us knew who won in fact nobody did because Deadly Sharpshooter had doubled up the smoke charges on the crossover targets,it was great to see the smoke clear and see my target fell first the sad part was it made Stan's daughter Olivia cry (I think she's 4)I think she'll get over it though.

The St Augustine Crew did a Great Job ! most importantly it was great shooting match carrying on the tradition of The Last Stand,target size & distance were great ,good mix of scenarios,the props were incredible Bill Bonney did incredible job with the help of Von Zipper,the food on the range looked really good but I was too sick to eat it.You can tell that Copenhagen really cares about making The Seige a great match and giving the shooters what they want !

Thanks AO

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME weekend.......My family had a great time. My Pa-in-Law Colonel Dan shot clean....again.....and did an outstanding job as Posse Marshal. Dominator shot a pretty darn good match and I have to say he took the costuming to a whole new level this year! My babies had a ball and yes she got over the fact that "Steve" beat here Daddy in the shoot-off. Southpaw Sibby (my wifes updated alias)even got to hang out and have a few glasses of wine with gang on Saturday night.

It was pretty cool being "Just a Shooter" this year and getting to spend time with all my friends from across the state and the country. It certainly felt good to drive away on Sunday knowing the tradition of the Florida State Match being one of the best in the country was continuing in fine fashion and I expect it to only get better.

Everyone that attended this match is a WINNER......that being said Congrats to my Pards Dang It Dan and Dang Its Darlin for winning the State Titles.....again!......and as much as I would have loved to win the shoot-off I couldn't be any happier for Arcadia Outlaw to have won it! It was very very close and to be honest it was one of the most thrilling moments of my shooting career waiting for the smoke to clear.

I am glad that they continued having theLadies, Junior and Blackpowder Shootoffs this year........It can make for a long day but there were some tremendous runs.......and to see Becca Boo stay focused and controlled and come out on top of all the Juniors was very exciting and then that was followed up with seeing Confederate Colt win the BP Shootoff that was named in honor of his father, Awesome Cactus Jack, .......incredible! Delta Glen was grinning from ear to ear over his youngest daughters performance and I know Jack was smiling down at Colt as well......

I'm going to say it again........IF you want to experience one of the best matches in the country that offers great stages, great props (courtesy of Bill Bonney and Von Zipper), great vendors and tremendous shooting action in an area that has plenty to do and see when you're not shooting, then you need to come to St. Augustine next January.

Stan - who will post a video soon of the run with outlaw.....

P.S. If you get a chance to shoot with the Michigan boys (Deuce Stevens, Lightning Wayne and Slo Mo) do it........The were good additions to Colonel Dan's Stealth Posse this year.

P.S.S. Dirt, you missed a good saturday night at the hotel......plenty of fine bourbons to choose from and amazing stories of shooting prowess and shooting goofs!

Darn it, Stan said everything I wanted to say about the Siege. Everything was top notch all the way across the board from start to finish. Bill Bonney, Cope, Mac and many others had big shoes to fill and they filled them just fine. I just can't thank you all enough for the great time I had at the match.

I'm already looking forward to The Siege 2014

Cypress Sun

Edit: To Wabash Valley Slim, Sorry about that pard. It didn't do my underwear any good either......you won't have to worry about that shotgun again though.

Just wanted to say "CONGRATS" to Pious Player for winning HOA ladies! Way to go!!! I was surprised when they told me I had won and as soon as I saw the scores I went to find Copenhagen and let him know. Hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to shooting with you again soon!

My annual tradition of traveling to Florida for the SASS FL State Championship was again my favorite week in the year.

From Titusville, to Orlando and now St. Augustine. Seeing all of the great people we have met over the last 13 years of FL State shoots is always a lift. It starts the year off just right.

Seeing all of the Orlando folks enjoying themselves without a radio sticking out of their pocket, or running around trying to keep the match on schedule, was especially rewarding......they had FUN!

Many folks were hoping the new committee and range could be as good as those that came before them (a very tall order). Well, they learned their lessons well and put on one first class State Match. Their expertise, at such an early stage in their history, speaks volumes as to how good this match will be in the future. The Siege at St. Augustine is another winner. They did one outstanding job can spend the next 12 months tweaking the match to an even higher level.

Congratulations to all of the shooters and hats off to the winners.

If you don't put this match on your bucket list for 2014, you are making a mistake.

To all of the folks in Florida, see you next January, if not sooner.

Chuckaroo

What everyone else said fer sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a great time, Cope and Lil Miss are truly class acts, and HARD workers!!!!

I think I found my calling as the unofficial lady's greeter in the line for the banquet!

If we cud just get rid of the fog in the mornings.....or have someone shoot black into the berm as the smokeyless shooters are begining to shoot hehehe

Cheyenne, still a smilin,,,,agin, Culpepper,,,,,aka Purdy Boy Culpepper

Great match, incredible props and very well run. If you didn't get there you missed it!

Only one thing I ask....on the website in the results can the webmaster please post the black powder side match results in that link. Right now if you click on it you get the main match results. There is a separate link for that and it works.

Have the scores been posted anywhere?

Wigley

The Siege was my first "big" match & all I can say is, WOW. I had a fantastic time, shot slow as molasses in winter but enjoyed every minute. I am already looking forward to next year.

I do want to give a BIG thank you to Deadly Sharpshooter for hosting a special RO1 class the week before so that I could take the offered RO2. He went above & beyond & I greatly appreciate it. Also thanks to Cassalong Hopidy & Cheyenne Culpepper for teaching the RO2. All 3 of those guys are pards to ride the river with.

Holler

Have the scores been posted anywhere?

Wigley

Call up the home page, and in the Siege under "scores", call up the Siege Home page, (its small). All the final scores are there including the sidematches.

Anyone know who all the "Spirit of the Game" were? A lot of the shooters on my posse desrved it, posse 19. Was hard on who deserved it most. They all did. Outstanding, and the best posse I've ever been on. They sure didn't need me as a Posse Marshal. MT

http://www.ghosttowngunslingers.com/

just wanted to say Congrats to Dang it Dan & Pious Player for top overall shooters and all the category winners & State Champs. Congrats to the shoot off winners- Arcadia Outlaw, Confederate Colt, Shamrock Sadie and Becka Boo. also Congrats to Copenhagen, Bill Bonney, Deadly Sharpshooter, Amaduelist, Mississippi Kid and the rest of the crew for putting on a truly awesome match. i cant wait till next year.

RR

SCORES: http://www.siegeatstaugustine.com/match%20finaltt%20Main%20Match%2001112013.html

My oh my what a close 1st and 2nd finish! ~ that's thar is REAL nail bitin' finishes ;)/>

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

Thanks for all the kind comments about the Seige at St. Augustine.

Thanks go to Zack McGee whose storyline allowed us to play our western game through the memories of a former St. Augustine resident, Cracker Jack McCoy; the Ancient City meets the old West!

Special thanks also go to the cowboys and cowgirls who served as RO’s throughout the entire match, assuring as much consistency as possible for every posse. A big Yee Hah to them for “Safely assisting the shooters through the course of fire!” They are listed below.

Asup Sleeve

Bonfire

Bisley

Cassalong Hopidy

Cheyenne Culpepper

Chilly Willy

Christian Mortician

Confederate Colt

Doc Hucklebury

General Lee Smokey

Greta Dee

Kid Celero