SASS Wire Forum

Vaquero Short Stroke Kit-Shotgun Boogie

Rancho Roy

Did anyone see this months Chronicle with the article on the Short Stroke Kit for the Vaquero. Looks like a great kit. But at near $400 for the parts...YIKES! Anyone else making a similar kit for less $$?

Sure, most of the SASS gunsmiths will do the work, without a kit, for maybe $200 or slightly higher, and stand behind it by being at major matches, too.

Had two in Arizona do them for me (Wes Fargo and Sheriff Murphy). Several others there, in Texas, in Michigan and east coast who do nice jobs on them, too.

Now, the folks who usually benefit from a short stroke on their SA revolvers are duelists. Some two-handed shooters may get a little boost from a short stroke, but no where's near what a duelist does.

A half-cock notch may be all you need if you're shooting with both hands. That notch prevents going around again if you don't get a full cock on a particular cartridge. And Power Custom (Grand Masters) now has those kits, very nice and usually ready to drop in, for mucho less! For example:

http://powercustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=136

Good luck, GJ

I have a set of SASS Vaqueros done by Colt Faro with these kits in them, and im here to tell you they are amazing, many podnahs have looked at these guns and shot them and they too are amamzed, well worth the cash for one or two handed, try a set and you will be sold....

They may cost a little more.

But there is NO welded parts and spring and everything comes with them.

I have felt a couple of pair of them. Loved them. Wish they made the for the Bisleys.

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

it looks like a great set up for sure. It's a drop in so that saves on shipping guns etc. too. It took me a while to warm to the whole short stroke thing in rifles so when it comes to revolvers I still wonder the need. Cowboys Who Can't Shoot Cowboy Guns (CWCSCG) is kind of a long acronym I guess so I guess that is the why of SASS? Course it could be SSSASS :blink:

Half cock notches are handy and hammer stops are cool too... Just glad that the fast draw folks haven't caved in I reckon. Oh we'll maybe in a couple years I will just have to have them too

Archived