SASS Wire Forum

Obama Care Amendment may BAN registration

Subdeacon Joe

Some of the comments after the article indicate that it may be more restrictive than a broad 2nd Amendment support.

But then again how many want to read a 2000 page bill that morons wrote to enslave the American public to an unnecessary healthcare plan.

If this is true, (not that I doubt Subdeacon Joe, but geez, you know...) then it must be the end of the world.

I could never imagine that I would be happy with anything Harry Reid has done or any provision of Obamacare.

Wow.

Just...Wow.

Full document from FullDocument

Here is an copy of the section pertaining to firearms.

I found this section by searching for "firearm"

Sorry about the formatting.

‘© PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—øAs

added by section 10101(e)(2)¿

‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness

and health promotion activity implemented under subsection

(a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any in-

formation relating to—

‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed

firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property

of an individual; or

‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm

or ammunition by an individual.

‘‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the au-

thorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protec-

tion and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that

Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the col-

lection of any information relating to—

‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or

ammunition;

‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

‘‘© the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of

the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient

Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by

that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to

maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a

firearm or ammunition.

‘‘(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR

ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.—A premium rate may not

be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied,

and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a

June 9, 2010

VerDate 0ct 09 2002

13:03 Jun 09, 2010

Jkt 000000

PO 00000

Frm 00020

Fmt 9001

Sfmt 6601

F:\P11\NHI\COMP\PPACACON.005

HOLCPC

PPACA (Consolidated)

Sec. 1001\2718 PHSA

wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any

health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with

the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amend-

ment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon—

ammunition; or

‘‘(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammuni-

tion.

‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR

INDIVIDUALS.—No individual shall be required to disclose any

information under any data collection activity authorized

under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an

amendment made by that Act relating to—

ammunition; or

‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm

or ammunition.

If this is true, (not that I doubt Subdeacon Joe, but geez, you know...) then it must be the end of the world.

I could never imagine that I would be happy with anything Harry Reid has done or any provision of Obamacare.

Wow.

Just...Wow.

:lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/>

And do you really think that someone willing to side step the constitution and congress will have any problem side stepping this?

Nope! Not me! After watching slick Willie for 8 yrs methinks them skunks can get by with most anything.

And do you really think that someone willing to side step the constitution and congress will have any problem side stepping this?

Take em 5 minutes to amend it.

Take em 5 minutes to amend it.

But it would have to get the approval of the House.

Any chance the House Republicans could grow a spine in time?

Wow.

Just...Wow.

Hey, it's something I found towards the end of my break at work and I just tossed it out for others to read. Doubt away and research it. As others have said, it gets confusing.

Read a news story about it yesterday on the CNN site. As I remember it, Reid inserted it into the healthcare bill after he and LaPierre attended the opening of a new shooting range in Colorado together. Apparently, the two struck a deal to avoid NRA involvement.

OR..

They might try to make it increasingly difficult to be a "Legal gun owner"..Stuff like finding any piddling reason whatsoever to declare a person "mentally incompetant"..Like for example, having attention defecit disorder..Or a possible "threat" because of a petition or something they signed at some time in the past..

I don't know-2013 sure ain't starting out so good..All I've been hearing so far this year on the TV, radio, and computer is gun control retoric..Really depressing..

I guess I shouldn't be saying anything about being depressed on a public forum though..It might get me put on "THE LIST".. :unsure:

So far that's all it is, is rhetoric. Feinstein's bill doesn't stand a chance, IMHO. That bit about your guns passing to the government when you die, alone, is enough to kill it. Certainly no Dem from this state would vote for it (especially Sanders).

Most of it is rhetoric and political grandstanding..But the problem is right now we enough left-wingers in power to pass a lot of idiotic legislation that wouldn't have stood a chance only a few years back..

We were watching a movie from the mid-70's this morning-"Across The Great Divide"..Like a lot of the wilderness-oriented movies from that era a little on the sappy side but still a good flick, and one you could sit down with the kids and watch..It got us to thinking back on that era and how there was a sense of hope back then that has all but disappeared nowadays..Back then the big issues were things like cleaning up the environment and corruption in the government, crap like gun control and gay marriage were not even issues to be considered..

Dang, I miss those days.. :(

I think you guys are mistaken in your interpretation. but I may be wrong. Just see what I read. It specifically states this applies to the Secretary of Health (I presume), "wellness and prevention plans", the implementation of Obamacare and any subsequent amendments. Nothing said about powers extending beyond Obamacare or the Secretary.

This was only to address keeping healthcare providers form being data collectors for the government. Doesn't mean the EPA or dog catcher couldn't be commissioned to do it.

Dirty Dan has it correct. One of the things that got this quoted language into place, was concerns that insurance could / would deny or raise some's insurance rate because they had firearms. Along the same lines as some public housing has required people to not own firearms to qualify, some pedi-doctors tell firearms owners that they are endangering children, CDC tried for years to claim firearms are public health menace. etc. Sadly it does not have any effect on anything outside of the obamacare bill arena.

Archived