SASS Wire Forum

Non CAS inquiry

Capt. James H. Callahan

Hello all,

Just saw a pretty decent price for this stuff, and seeing as how .308 ammo is all but non-existent right now, I'm thinking of jumping on some. I've read reviews online and as usual they're worthless. Jim Bob says it's great and Billy Ray says it's terrible (you've probably seen such).

Just curious if anyone has used this stuff. It's REALLY cheap for Boxer primed brass cases.

Much obliged,

JHC

I am in the "Billy Ray" camp.... I think that the stuff is just $#!t. I still have about 10 boxes of the ammo. I get anywhere from 2-5 rounds in each box that fail to fire.... no matter how hard I hit the primers. I have had the same problem with their primers too. I would buy the brass, primers, bullets and powder and load my own.

Snakebite

Thanks. I seem to recall Magtech brass getting alot of bad reviews from time to time here on the wire. It's pretty much a moot point anyway. I called the company after I posted this and it's backordered until July. :angry: Like you said, probably better off to buy components and load my own. Problem is I'm lazy. :P

JHC

Archived