SASS Wire Forum

"Nuther question!

Looks simple enough. Wonder if they hurt when you get hit with one?

Naa. Perfectly safe. Trust me.

I've loaded .58 cal black powder boolits in 20g hulls and the shotgun didn't go Elmer Fudd on me, so... I guess it works... :ph34r:/>/>

HHAHAHAHAHA, I don't think I have ever heard that term, "go Elmer Fudd" before. Hahahahaha.

I think a 12 gauge uses a slightly larger slug, I believe a .62?

Purty simple. They maim on one end and kill on the other.

#8 shot hurts enough, especially with the bounce-back off steel targets.

Ballistic Products is the source of all good shotgun stuff. They have various slugs and appropriate wads. I have an original 1887 that may see some buck-n-ball BP loads if it ever goes after deer, especially on a man-drive. One .65" round ball plus four or five .31" cal balls.

Probably not . . . try it . . . and then report back to us on the experience . . . . :wacko:

Nice to see that video of the Lee Load-All . . . I have one . . . bought on the wire years ago . . . came with out instructions . . I've never tried to use it. I load all brass shells with the holy black using a BIG spout on a flask for the powder, wads from "Circle Fly" and a dipper for small shot. 9 pellets of double 00 for "business loads". A while back I was short on buckshot and had a little box of .433 dial balls that I'd picked up from a "close out" shelf at a gun shop. Loaded some "business shells" with 4 of those. Recently tried out one of them on our range at a "Shoot N See" target at about 20 ft. That IS a "business load" for real :)

Archived