SASS Wire Forum

Save the date for the Raid on Old Fort Parker (Groesbeck, Texas) March 21-24 2013

Luna Blue

We have set the date for the Raid on Old Fort Parker, it will be held March 21-24, 2013, Fort Parker is in Groesbeck, Texas about 40 miles east of Waco. Registration and details are on our website at www.OldFortParkerPatriots.com It will be lots of fun, and warmer weather than our New Year's shoot!

Speaking of our New Year's shoot, there are several people that I would like to thank for their help: Lefty Wheeler for taking care of everything on the range from writing the scenarios to picking up trash. Red River Raider helped to get the range ready. Krazy Legs Kay did a great job of making people feel welcome, running the bingo game, and selling raffle tickets. Thanks to A. Paul Lingshot for all of the technical help and entering the bulk of the scores, with help from Texas Raider and Longranger Rick.

Thanks to Sarah McReynolds for everything she did from making us popcorn to coordinating the banquet. And I know everyone who was there wants to thank Sarah for finding and asking the Crazy Lady Cafe to cook for us, it was the best food on the range any of us have ever had! Thanks Crazy Lady, we are so glad you are able to come back for the Raid!

Thank you Posse Marshals - Colt, Gunslinger, Lefty, Slick McClade, and Slowaz Molasses, for all your hard work. Thanks to the vendors, Cowboy Shooters Supply, Lone Star Bullets, Major Photography, Old Scyene, and Slick Magic Guns. Thanks Tres Equis, Spur Broke, Done That, and (sorry, I forgot the other boy's name!) for helping distribute the prizes during the banquet. I also want to thank all of the shooters and their non-shooting family members for coming out to the Fort and having fun despite the cold weather.

And last but certainly not least, Colt Faro, for giving us a fantastic Tombstone theme to work with. Colt did a great job planning the movie night and the shootout at the Nerf Dart Corral, both were huge hits. He made sure there were lots and lots of door prizes and raffle prizes, plus Colt designed some of the best award buckles around. And nobody is going to forget his fun New Year's Eve party complete with fireworks!

Archived