SASS Wire Forum

ITSASS's 3rd Annual Pursuit into the Osage Nation

Oklahomabound

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dogwood Annie And I Are Looking Forward To Shooting our 1st Pursuit. I Will Be Shooting FCGF. Loading Up My Louden Boomer Shootgun Shells With All That Will Fit Then Tamping Them Down a Mite.Hopefully If Close, Those Pesky Targets Will Dive For Cover.hehehe Looks And Sounds Like a Lot Of Fun And Shooting To be Had By All. Those Of You Thinking About it ,Best get Your Entry In. Only About 20+ Places Left.See Yall At The Pursuit!!!

...final preps on the props and such are being made (read painting)...

...Catoosa Red and many others have been right busy doin' the painting and such...

...Buffalo Bill Mathewson has been practicin' with 'is smoke makers...

Pursuit into the Osage Nation is shapin' up to be a great one, fer sure!!!

...final preps on the props and such are being made (read painting)...

...Catoosa Red and many others have been right busy doin' the painting and such...

...Buffalo Bill Mathewson has been practicin' with 'is smoke makers...

Pursuit into the Osage Nation is shapin' up to be a great one, fer sure!!!

As you said I have been practicing with the smoke makers but it looks like I need more practice. I had more no fires last Saturday than durring the last year.

As you said I have been practicing with the smoke makers but it looks like I need more practice. I had more no fires last Saturday than durring the last year.

...was ya holdin' yourownself's mouth right??? ...more practice is required for sure...

I am about a right winged as you can get. Does that count?

...yep, that counts...

...now fer that practice...

I blew my smoky balls down range today at OKC. The practice is begining to pay off it was my first clean match ever.

...congrats on the clean match!!! ...especially under the circumstances!!!

Since this is Sedona and my first trip into the Osage Nation, just how far are the pistol and rifle targets ??

Since this is Sedona and my first trip into the Osage Nation, just how far are the pistol and rifle targets ??

...revolver - 10 yards or so ...rifle - 50 yards or so ...since it ain't set up yet, I can't tell ya fer certain... ...but the intent is that the shooter will have to use their front sight and actually aim... ...plan on the times being just a touch longer... ...and fun being 2 to 3 times more... ...and the location is somethin' to behold...

PS... there are pics of the last years targets and such back on page 1 I believe... ...with a few on page 2 of this 'ere thread...

...looks like 12 days and a wakeup to me....

I've got all my balls well rounded and lubed up, stacked neatly in little plastic tubes. Got my capper full of #10 Remingtons. Got enough .44WCF shells loaded up for a small war. Got my brass 12 gauge shells loaded up, still got to get out to the land and make sure they'll work in my '87. Hate to find out they don't work on the first stage. :D No big deal if they don't, I've got plenty of 16 gauge shells loaded up too.

Now, all I've got to do (besides five more 12 hour night shifts, and three more 12 hour day shifts) is to get the covered wagon loaded up and ready to roll.

Waiting for this is kinda like waiting for Christmas.

I've got all my balls well rounded and lubed up, stacked neatly in little plastic tubes. Got my capper full of #10 Remingtons. Got enough .44WCF shells loaded up for a small war. Got my brass 12 gauge shells loaded up, still got to get out to the land and make sure they'll work in my '87. Hate to find out they don't work on the first stage. :D No big deal if they don't, I've got plenty of 16 gauge shells loaded up too.

Now, all I've got to do (besides five more 12 hour night shifts, and three more 12 hour day shifts) is to get the covered wagon loaded up and ready to roll.

Waiting for this is kinda like waiting for Christmas.

I am glad your balls are well rounded and all lubed up. Pursuit will be a blast with many throwing there balls around.

8 more days and a wake up! ...but who's counting???

..if'n ya ain't got them thar signmeupfoms in to Burly Bill, then it be time to send 'em 'is way!!!!

...gonna be a great shoot!

The word is we have 86 brave shooters headed for the Osage The stage props are all but finished and the third annual Pursuit into the Osage Nation will be a good one. I understand there is still room for a few more shooters.

...there's always room for one more...

My brass 12 gauge shells will work in my '87, loading singly. They are a bit long to work through the action if I drop two in at a time. Probably a good thing, 'cause now I'll just drop one shell on the ground at a time instead of two. :D

Y'all say this match has never been shot clean huh! Expect that record to be broken next Saturday.* Gotta work tomorrow day shift, then off Monday to get the wagon ready, then Tuesday and Wednesday night. Anyone else gonna be there on Thursday?

*Not by me, but someone might pull it off.

We Plan On Being There Friday About Noon!! I Too Have Loaded Up My Brass 12 Ga. Shells For The Wahoooo!!I Have Heard That Some Of The Targets Have Wandered Off To The Far Side Of The Pond!! Sounds Like a Real Hoot Of a Match. See Yall There.. Ozarks Monte & Dogwood Annie!!!

My brass 12 gauge shells will work in my '87, loading singly. They are a bit long to work through the action if I drop two in at a time. Probably a good thing, 'cause now I'll just drop one shell on the ground at a time instead of two. :D

Y'all say this match has never been shot clean huh! Expect that record to be broken next Saturday.* Gotta work tomorrow day shift, then off Monday to get the wagon ready, then Tuesday and Wednesday night. Anyone else gonna be there on Thursday?

*Not by me, but someone might pull it off.

Hey Pulp! There were quite a few of our shooters who'll be at Pursuit into the Osage Nation at our club's Mother's day shoot today...

...to answer your question, Burly Bill will be there on Thursday for sure... The folks at the gate have everybody's name/alias and you can enter the grounds anytime between 10 am and 5 pm on Thursday...

...Burly Bill says all the targets are up!!! ...all the stages and props are up!!! ...Woolaroc is beautiful!!! ...and yes, the rifle targets are across the lake!!!

Y'all have fun, you hear.

Got a trip to the east coast for G'daughters graduation that seems to take precedence.

Looks like the weather will be perfect on Saturday.

Loading Up The Fiberglass Teepee And Getting Ready To Head Out. May Have To Float a Loan To Buy Gas!! $3.82 Here in Langley.Glad That We Do Not Have Far To Go. Bringing Lots Of Smoke And BOOM!! See Y'all In The Morning!!

Archived