SASS Wire Forum

ITSASS's 3rd Annual Pursuit into the Osage Nation

Oklahomabound

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent my sheet in today. After talking to Burly Bill, think I better start shooting some long range with main match rifle. But sounds like a great shoot and am looking forward to it. So see you all in May, Bulldog Brown

72 days until Pursuit into the Osage Nation

...got a bunch of folks what 'as sent in that thar signmeupform... ...yes indeed, its gonna be a great shoot!

Buffalo Bill Mathewson (otherwise knows as Buff Bill) is more excited about this shoot than anyone!!!

...and just think, 66 more days...!!!

I am Excited about Pursuit into the Osage. Just thinking about it makes the work day goby faster.

Good News I finally had time to smelt my soft lead and pour it into ingots for the casting furnace.

I should have BALLS for Pursuit into the Osage.

Buff Bill

...and remember to wear GREEN at the shoot this Saturday....

I've got Balls!!!!!! I found time today to cast my balls for Pursuit into the Osage Nation. Now all i have to do is load smoke rounds for the rifle and shotgun.

Hey BBM! It's great that you've got Balls now!!! ...and doin' a little reloadin' of cartridges is good for the soul too!!! ...had a great shoot Saturday, weather was perfect... all the pards were great... ...a great day overall, except Ms. Mary Matilda broke the carrier on her .32 Magnum Marlin lever gun, and we had to share mine 'cause I don't have a spare .32... ...and her Rugers were tending to stick some--weird... ...she shoots Frontier Cartridge...

OKB We missed the ITSASS shoot this past Saturday. We shot with the Ozark Posse in Cassville MO. It is always a tough call as to where to shoot both clubs are full of good folks to shoot with. Hope you can find parts for Marry Matilda's Marlin

...hey BBM!!! ...ain't nuthin' finer than shootin' with pards--wheresomeever they might be...

...we got 65 or so shooters signed up so far... Burly Bill is gettin' excited!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Smoke is now stuffed into the shot shells. I am now completly ready for Pursuit into the Osage Nation. I got to shoot with the Cherokee Strip Shootist today in Stillwater OK another fine bunch of folks to shoot with. Many of the same folks that shoot with the Teritorial Marshals in OKC venture up to Stillwater to shoot as well. That reminds me Land Run is less than two weeks away.

...well BBM! The trip to Pigeon Forge was great... ...cold, but great! ...and the trip to DC has been great as well, so far... ...it was cold in Tennessee, 2 1/2 feet of snow in the smokies... ....cold has delayed spring here in DC, Cherry blossoms will be out when you're at Land Run...

...glad you finally got your BALLS ready... ...and you got them thar smokey shot shells all loaded up... ...

...we be at 76+ so far... so keep them thar signmeupforms comin' in...

Okb

Have talked to a few of you all , that have shot this shoot, and I can sure tell you that I'm having a hard time trying to make the time go faster, this just sounds like a heck of a good time, with lots to see and do. (that will make the wife happy) The pictures you have posted shows that this shoot will be a good test of ones skills.

One question what are the distances of long range targets?

See you all in May. Thanks Bulldog Brown

Have talked to a few of you all , that have shot this shoot, and I can sure tell you that I'm having a hard time trying to make the time go faster, this just sounds like a heck of a good time, with lots to see and do. (that will make the wife happy) The pictures you have posted shows that this shoot will be a good test of ones skills.

One question what are the distances of long range targets?

See you all in May. Thanks Bulldog Brown

The targets are very shootable if you use your sights and have spent the time sight

in your rifle. Unless you shoot mouse fart loads you should have no problems.

The first Pursuit there were no clean match awards presented. This will be our

third Pursuit into the Osage Nation and I would not miss it.

Buff Bill Mathewson

...the distances just seem long 'cause you be shootin' over water across the lake...

Gonna drop my entry into the mail Monday. Really lookin' forward to this. I think we'll come up Thursday, then do some antique shopping in Bartlesville Friday.

Y'all pickers bring your banjos, guitars, mandolins etc, maybe we can have a jam session Friday night in the campground,

Question: I looked at satellite images of Woolaroc, where is the campground and range from the museum building?

Gonna drop my entry into the mail Monday. Really lookin' forward to this. I think we'll come up Thursday, then do some antique shopping in Bartlesville Friday.

Y'all pickers bring your banjos, guitars, mandolins etc, maybe we can have a jam session Friday night in the campground,

Question: I looked at satellite images of Woolaroc, where is the campground and range from the museum building?

...hey Pulp!

...if'n you use that google map thing and go to Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preserve, Woolaroc Ranch Road, Bartlesville, Ok - and get close in like; you'll see the ranch road and entrance off of hwy 123 and then up the road a short piece on the left is Crystal Lake. The rv's park on the left in the trees--250+ feet off the road on the west side of the little trail into the area. The stages will be set up further on down the trail along the northeast side of Crystal Lake...

Hey BBM!

...it is only 39 more days until Pursuit into the Osage Nation!

...better start gettin' all yourownself's stuff together and to be packed...

...with all the trouble you had gettin' your balls ready an' all! -_-

Thanks OB. Another question: I know we'll be shooting 6 stages Saturday, will there be a break for lunch or shoot straight through?

Thanks OB. Another question: I know we'll be shooting 6 stages Saturday, will there be a break for lunch or shoot straight through?

Good morning Pulp!

The MD says ain't no gunfight been stopped for a lunch break... ...at our monthly matches, we shoot 6 stages, start 'bout 9 and finish up around 12:30 or 1... take snacks and something to drink along the way...

There is a Saturday shoot at ITSASS this weekend. It will be a good chance to practice up throwing my balls down range before Pursuit into the Osage. It has been a while since I last shot my cap and ball guns.

...that be right 'bout the shoot this comin' Saturday... ...Ms. Mary Matilda and I 'ave every intention of bein' there and at the Wednesday shoot on the 24th ....

...there will be a short meeting after the Saturday shoot to continue the tawkin' 'bout Ruckus in the Nations... ...plannin' time is 'ere!!!

...it is just 28 more days until Pursuit into the Osage Nation!

...and yes, it was a great shoot at Buzzard Gulch today. The weather was great! ...and yes, the excitement is building toward Pursuit into the Osage Nations at Woolaroc...

...even Buffalo Bill Mathewson is tawkin' it up 'bout 'ow he's shootin' Frontiersman, and was practicin' with those C & P revolvers...

Sedona Roxy and I are lookin forward to our 1st Pursuit into the Osage Nation.

Archived