SASS Wire Forum

Park City Ky. RE-OPENING

Blackwater 53393

Fire 'n' Fallback has asked me to post this announcement.

Starting with the fourth Saturday in January the range at Park City Ky. will re-open for cowboy shooting.

Saturday, Jan. 26th. will be the first shoot.

In April on the 12th and 13th. they're going to have an annual match. Friday the 12th. will be for sidematches and a Wild Bunch mini match. Saturday the 13th. will feature an eight (8) stage cowboy match featuring several stages with down-range movement and lots of fun. We will shoot four stages, break for lunch, and then shoot four more stages.

There are plenty of spaces for camping and there is a 100 room lodge with restaurant and wine tasting room at the facility, and other lodging really close.

There will be an awards banquet on Saturday evening with dinner and live music. It'll all wind up on Saturday night so everyone will have Sunday to make it back home without running themselves ragged.

There will be more info posted here as details are completed. We hope you can join us for some fun and fantastic shooting.

Is this the Rockcastle facility?

Do they have all of the stages still there?

Yes to both!

what about the 3 day match end of may?????

I'm unsure at this point.

Sounds like fun! Especially since January 26th is supposed to be 76 degrees from 9:41 to 3:43! :)/> Rockcastle is in the Central Time Zone.....just letting everyone know.

See ya there!

KCD

Hey Knobby, don't forget to check the schedule for the "Triple Crown" this year; a few other matches are getting stepped on 'cause of the scheduling; I already cancelled my reservations at the resort for this year.

The Ohio portion of the Triple Crown falls on Memorial Day weekend. One reason why Rock Castle is still up in the air.

The Ohio portion of the Triple Crown falls on Memorial Day weekend. One reason why Rock Castle is still up in the air.

Hey BD,

I've been under the impression that the Triple Crown 2013, was the MWC, Alabama State, and Copperhead Joe's shoot.....nothing to do with the Ohio State shoot over Memorial Day...of course I impress easily!! :D/>

Fire 'n' Fallback has asked me to post this announcement.

Starting with the fourth Saturday in January the range at Park City Ky. will re-open for cowboy shooting.

Saturday, Jan. 26th. will be the first shoot.

In April on the 12th and 13th. they're going to have an annual match. Friday the 12th. will be for sidematches and a Wild Bunch mini match. Saturday the 13th. will feature an eight (8) stage cowboy match featuring several stages with down-range movement and lots of fun. We will shoot four stages, break for lunch, and then shoot four more stages.

There are plenty of spaces for camping and there is a 100 room lodge with restaurant and wine tasting room at the facility, and other lodging really close. APRIL SOUNDS LIKE FUN DEW R DYE & I WILL BE THERE. WILL BRING SOME MORE MEMPHIS GUNSLINGERS WITH US. IT IS A NICE RANGE & MOTEL !!!!

There will be an awards banquet on Saturday evening with dinner and live music. It'll all wind up on Saturday night so everyone will have Sunday to make it back home without running themselves ragged.

There will be more info posted here as details are completed. We hope you can join us for some fun and fantastic shooting.

Hey BD,

I've been under the impression that the Triple Crown 2013, was the MWC, Alabama State, and Copperhead Joe's shoot.....nothing to do with the Ohio State shoot over Memorial Day...of course I impress easily!! :D/>/>

Midwest Classic, Ohio State, Alabama State.

Thanks C.S.! You folks from the Memphis area always make for a good time and excelent competition.

My band is playing on Sat. night and if y'all hang out and dance and party, it'll be even more fun.

I hear the lodge is gonna' cater the banquet so you know the food'll be good, and Andy can write some fun stages. All in all, it ought to be a great match.

Everybody watch the Chronicle and as soon as applications are available I'll post how to get 'em!!

I'm not sure what they're going to call the club. They are shooting again starting with the fourth Saturday of this month Jan. 26th.

I'm kinda thinkin' "A rose by any other name....."

Stay tuned for news as it happens.

Keystone,

It's a new club that the owner's are starting. The Rockcastle Rangers that started it are working on stages at the New Range. When things are ready we will be shooting again. The name of the New Club that we are starting is THE JAMES GANG.

Keystone,

It's a new club that the owner's are starting. The Rockcastle Rangers that started it are working on stages at the New Range. When things are ready we will be shooting again. The name of the New Club that we are starting is THE JAMES GANG.

Thanks for the update, Shaddai! Keep us up to date on progress. Another place to shoot and get together with our neighborhood cowboys is always welcome here.

:FlagAm: You've got my support and that of most everybody I know! :FlagAm:

BTT!!

See y'all down at Wartrace today!!

Fire 'n' Fallback has advised me that the anual shoot will have a cutoff of around 150 shooters.

Papa Dave has graciously agreed to help set up the Wild Bunch match!

I'll have more info and perhaps a way to pick up applications in a day or so!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of quick updates.

There is a little more information to be had at www.parkmammothresort.us

Also the first monthly match of the year is going to be next Saturday, January 26th. 8:00 a.m.

Five stages, plenty of fun!!

Applications out soon!

I just talked to Fire 'n' Fallback and we are on for this Saturday!! Five stages and lots of fun.

Safety meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. and prayer and pledge to follow.

We'll stay with the 9:30 start time 'til the weather warms up and unless "it snows eyball deep to a tall indian" we're gonna' shoot!! Those are F'N'F's words.

Y'all come out and help these folks kick off the year at a great shooting venue!!

:FlagAm:/> With your help, it's goin' to ROCK!! :FlagAm:/>

I lost my 42 year old Stainless Steel Thermos sometime this winter.....Can't find it anywhere. So, tomorrow, after I go buy me a new one, (cuz, we be shootin' in weather that calls for some kind of warm beverage!) I am gonna load up the ole truck and get ready for some racus, rambuncious, rollicking, recreation at Rockcastle Range! :lol:

YEE-HAW!

Knob Creek Drover

P.S. - Will someone tell me how to install Spell Check on this dadburn wire thing? :blink:

Knob Creek Drover

P.S. - Will someone tell me how to install Spell Check on this dadburn wire thing? :blink:/>

KCD!! Glad to hear you're gonna' make it!!

:lol: Spellcheck!! WE DON' NEED NO STEENKIN' SPELLCHECK!!! :lol:

Well, Knob Creek got himself a new thermos. The weather scared a few folks away, but we shot five great stages and everybody had a great time.

Look for a new thread about the annual match coming up on the weekend of April 12/13 tomorrow! I'll have a link to the Rock Castle Ranger's website and to the application for this match, as well as a special announcement for the Wednesday and Thursday before the match.

We'll shoot monthly matches on the fourth Saturday of every month except for December. Scores will be posted on the website soon as well.

For now check out Rock Castle, Click on Rock Castle Shooting, then click Cowboy Action.

I lost my 42 year old Stainless Steel Thermos sometime this winter.....Can't find it anywhere. So, tomorrow, after I go buy me a new one, (cuz, we be shootin' in weather that calls for some kind of warm beverage!) I am gonna load up the ole truck and get ready for some racus, rambuncious, rollicking, recreation at Rockcastle Range! :lol:/>

YEE-HAW!

Knob Creek Drover

P.S. - Will someone tell me how to install Spell Check on this dadburn wire thing? :blink:/>

They say your memory goes first, then you start losing things. Better put tiedowns on your holsters, and shorten your suspenders. For spellcheck, it is called Websters.

Hey Bill! Ya' need to get down here and shoot with us!!

Check out the website and look for the App in the next day or two!! It's gonna' be and eight stage one day match with lunch and dinner included if you'd like. Lots of options and a live band and such after. You can shoot all day, party all night and be home Sunday afternoon!!

What more could ya' ask for?

Archived