SASS Wire Forum

Reloading Question?

Hashknife Cowboy

I just saw that Midway USA is selling stainless steel media for tumbling brass. Has anyone out there used it? Likes and dislikes? I like the concept but have some reservations......

I have been using a Thumler's Tumbler & stainless steel media for about 5 months, it works REALLY well. I have put non-soaked BP brass in & they come out clean as a whistle inside & out. 4 hours in the stainless media, with dishwashing soap & "Lemi Shine" (a hard water agent), is all I run them. If you deprime before tumbling, the primer pockets get cleaned too. After separating the media & rinsing, I cover them in silica gel (cat litter from WalMart named "Mimi Litter") for 24 hours to dry & the cases look brand new. I dried drying the cases in the oven but they tarnished really badly. The silica gel has no adverse effect on the finish of the cases.

One downside is, you can't run 38/357 cases with 45s because they will wedge themselves in the 45 cases. Otherwise, it's a good system.

Holler

Everyone that I know that uses them like the results

I've used stainless steel media for a year now and its the best thing since sliced bread.I recently switched from dish detergant to Simple Green, both still with Lemi-Shine for even better results. I dry my brass on an old dehydrator I used for making deer jerky. Works great.

BS

Been using this system with an El Cheapo Harbor Freight double tumbler and love it. It's incredible how clean this system will get brass. I don't do anything special to dry mine. After seperating the brass from the media I spread them out on a towel in the floor of the shop and leave them overnight. Next morning they're dry.

CHT

Archived