SASS Wire Forum

pre-64 and post-64 model 94 butt stock

Doolin Riggs SASS #32020

Does anyone know if you can put a pre-64 butt stock on a post-64 model 94 carbine? Picked up a post-64 trapper in 30-30 and would like to change it out is possible. thanks

Doolin

I will not say its a 100% but I think the answer is yes.

It has been many years .

But I believe I have done it before . :unsure:

Seems to me a lot of years have gone by since 1964. Should be plenty of post '64 buttstocks out there. Model 1892 and 1894 Winchesters were the same from the "Old Days" I don't know about anything post '64 models. I do have a Winchester Buffalo Bill from 1968, but haven't tried taking off the stock. Prolly wouldn't fit anyways. If your Winchester is post '64, it would be cheaper to find a buttstock for it than looking for a pre '64. Just sayin'

Jake

It may work I have 1963 and a 1983 and they look very close but you would have them.

GK

I have a 94 built in 1941 with a broken stock. The Tangs are different that the post-64 stock I tried to put on it.

Seems to me a lot of years have gone by since 1964. Should be plenty of post '64 buttstocks out there. Model 1892 and 1894 Winchesters were the same from the "Old Days" I don't know about anything post '64 models. I do have a Winchester Buffalo Bill from 1968, but haven't tried taking off the stock. Prolly wouldn't fit anyways. If your Winchester is post '64, it would be cheaper to find a buttstock for it than looking for a pre '64. Just sayin'

Jake

Up until WWII the 92's and 94's used the same wood. (Buttstock at least) Post WWII the 94 upper tang is slightly different as are the post 64's so they are close enough they will work. The primary difference will be the post 64's that have the coil main spring (Latest). If you end up with one of the post 64 leaf spring stocks you will need to relieve it some inside to clear. The outside will be the same.

Up until WWII the 92's and 94's used the same wood. (Buttstock at least) Post WWII the 94 upper tang is slightly different as are the post 64's so they are close enough they will work. The primary difference will be the post 64's that have the coil main spring (Latest). If you end up with one of the post 64 leaf spring stocks you will need to relieve it some inside to clear. The outside will be the same.

Thanks Nate, I appreciate your experience in this matter.

Doolin

Archived