SASS Wire Forum

We can use some prayers, please.

Subdeacon Joe

The lady we are doing elder care for, Beverly, came home from the hospital yesterday (Christmas Eve day). She is in some pain from having surgery on her left hip in mid-November and on her right hip about Dec. 15. She seems to be slipping away. Her dementia has worsened, she sleeps in fits and starts - maybe 15 minutes and then wakes up for a while. And that in spite of a pretty heavy load of drugs. I'd ask prayers from you for her ease and comfort, whether that means healing on this Earth or reposing in the Lord.

OK, Joe, you got it.

You're all aces in my book! Thank you so very much, on behalf of us all.

It has made for one of the more "interesting" Christmases I've had. The way things are, I suspect we will "do Christmas" across the freeway with the ROCOR parish since they use the Julian calendar to recon the Feast of the Nativity rather than the Gregorian.

Thank you for all your prayers...now if you would be so kind as to change them for the repose of the soul of Beverly. She fell asleep in the Lord at about 2:07 a.m. (four bells and a jingle of the middle watch) on Thursday, 27 Dec.

Prayers on the way ! -_-

Thank you for being there for her in her time of need . :)

In my thoughts and prayers....thanks for being a caregiver....KK

Joe, I just saw this now. You have have my prayers for this lady and your wife and you.

We'd talked on Christmas Eve. While it was a lot of jabber on my part.... :blink:/> :lol:/> Trust me when I say it was a pure blessing to hear from you. A real spirit lifter for sure!

We'd talked about this lady's condition for a while. Confusion in one's surroundings is always hard, and can lead to bigger health problems just due to the stress that's involved with that confusion. Her condition is a bit different from that of my Grandfather's but seem to have the same effects. I hate to see anyone slipping away due to this type of problem.

I pray that she may get stronger of the mind and heart and rest at ease to heal her body. I pray that you and your wife may see some comfort through it all......it can be just a trying for the caregiver in this situation as it can be for the patient.

You are on my mind, Pard.

Once again, it was great to hear from you. If ya ever need a break and want to talk guns, philosophy or the like, you have my number......and I will always make time to chat!

~EE Taft~

God rest her soul, Joe.

And may He provide you and your wife with comfort and peace.

Prayers Up for Beverly and for you, Joe, and your wife. Beverly is now with the Lord, her cares and pains are gone. May the days ahead bring you peace and comfort and my the Lord bless your for the care you have provided.

Dogmeat Dad

Prayers up Joe. God Speed Beverly, and Bless you and your family, Joe.

Archived