SASS Wire Forum

A Letter of Best Wishes for Christmas

Quick Cal, SASS #2707

Christmas 2012

A Letter of Best Wishes for Christmas!

While today is a day of reflection for all the blessings and gifts that we have been fortunate to receive in our lives; the greatest gift of all is life itself. It is up to each of us to choose how to use what we've been blessed with by God's grace.

I love to spend this day with family, if not in person, in spirit; that includes love ones that are with us or who have departed to the heavens above. That kind of spirit lives on in our hearts forever and is very comforting to my soul.

This is also a day to share in spirit with those that we have been graced with in friendships that last a lifetime and beyond. Such friendships are truly cherished as they also become part of our extended family. I've been so fortunate to have had an opportunity to be graced with so many lifelong friends, that number in the thousands. Often, so much time has passed since our trails have last crossed; but, a true friend is one where the conversation and friendship picks up right where it left off, perhaps years or decades earlier. Life has its limits and we must all take the time to walk our daily paths, days become weeks, weeks into months, months to years, and years turn into decades. To have the opportunity to re-kindle a friendship, is truly a special gift.

I have come to realize that the shooting sports I have been associated with since 1968, when I was just 15, have graced me with more friends than I can count. For that, I will be forever grateful. So, to family and friends that I may see often or to ones where it has been years, I hope that the trails of our lives will cross again soon.

I wish a Merry Christmas to my Family and our extended Family of Friends,

Merry Christmas,

Quick Cal

Merry Christmas, Cal.

May God bless you and your family as you celebrate the birth of Jesus.

Archived