SASS Wire Forum

Punditz in DC Pulls Out "Assault Magazine" On the Air

Subdeacon Joe

Why wasn't he arrested? If you or I had done that we would likely be treated to a LEO with his knee in our back and a gun to our head telling us to stop resisting.

Might want to sign the petition below.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/press-charges-against-david-gregory-possession-30-round-high-capacity-assault-rifle-magazine/gMNRPpPl

Why wasn't he arrested? If you or I had done that we would likely be treated to a LEO with his knee in our back and a gun to our head telling us to stop resisting.

Might want to sign the petition below.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/press-charges-against-david-gregory-possession-30-round-high-capacity-assault-rifle-magazine/gMNRPpPl

Hmmm...there's a certain amount of self-inflicted inconsistency here...no? As a group, 2nd Amendment folks are opposed to reinstitution of the AWB, opposed to imposing limitations on magazine capacity, and quite vociferously opposed to the DC gun laws, which we have attacked in the Courts as unconstitutional and ridiculous. If this were you or me, we would be screaming that this law is an illegal limitation on our God-given rights. But, because its's an anti-gun reporter, there is a petition drive to prosecute him? Sorry; too big a leap for my brain. While I understand the knee-jerk reaction of "apply the law equally", and the cute argument with its conservative base appeal, the fact remains that NO ONE should be prosecuted under this law. Unless you believe that EVERYONE should be.....

LL

Sadly, all of this would be a waste of breath talking to Mr. Gregory, and effort in trying to get anybody in Washington to do the right thing!! :angry::angry::lol:

But as LL said, you can't have it both ways. It's either a good law or a bad one.

I see the petition is just an attempt to publicize the ridiculous nature of the law. Maybe make a face turn red. But probably not.

I don't plan on signing it.

It would have been great if LaPierre had said, "Did you know that possessionof that thing in your hand is illegal in DC and you could be arrested for it? Do you see now how bad these laws can be?"

But the moment has passed.

Hmmm...there's a certain amount of self-inflicted inconsistency here...no? As a group, 2nd Amendment folks are opposed to reinstitution of the AWB, opposed to imposing limitations on magazine capacity, and quite vociferously opposed to the DC gun laws, which we have attacked in the Courts as unconstitutional and ridiculous. If this were you or me, we would be screaming that this law is an illegal limitation on our God-given rights. But, because its's an anti-gun reporter, there is a petition drive to prosecute him? Sorry; too big a leap for my brain. While I understand the knee-jerk reaction of "apply the law equally", and the cute argument with its conservative base appeal, the fact remains that NO ONE should be prosecuted under this law. Unless you believe that EVERYONE should be.....

LL

But as LL said, you can't have it both ways. It's either a good law or a bad one.

I see the petition is just an attempt to publicize the ridiculous nature of the law. Maybe make a face turn red. But probably not.

I don't plan on signing it.

It would have been great if LaPierre had said, "Did you know that possessionof that thing in your hand is illegal in DC and you could be arrested for it? Do you see now how bad these laws can be?"

But the moment has passed.

I don't see it as trying to have it both ways. It's more a "Yeah, it's a stupid law, but it IS the law. And since it is the law, it needs to be applied evenly. This guy shouldn't get a pass just because he is a "somebody" in the media.

Last night I sent this e-mail to the Metropolican DC Police:

Cow Puncher <blackmesaranch@gmail.com>

7:08 PM (21 hours ago)

To MPD

In the photo below, dated 12/23/2012 news anchor David Gregory of "Meet the press" shows him having possession of a 30 round capacity magazine.

According to Washington DC laws he is guilty of "No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm.-D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01"

I expect Metropolitan Police District of Columbia to take appropriate action.

I got this response today:

DC Police (imailagent) <customerservice.mpd2@dc.gov>

2:13 PM (2 hours ago)

To me:

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan Police Department

Looks like NBC and Meet the Press decided to ignore the local DC law and DC police when David Gregory was waiving that 30 round magazine.

T.H.O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Hmmmm.....sounds like conspiracy to traffic in illegal firearms, doesn't it?

Now, if you or I had done something like that I rather doubt that there would be a whole lot of investigation into the matter until after we were arrested.

Again, the law should be applied evenly. And this is an excellent example of how one can easily become a criminal under such laws.

Last night I sent this e-mail to the Metropolican DC Police:

Cow Puncher <blackmesaranch@gmail.com>

7:08 PM (21 hours ago)

To MPD

In the photo below, dated 12/23/2012 news anchor David Gregory of "Meet the press" shows him having possession of a 30 round capacity magazine.

According to Washington DC laws he is guilty of "No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm.-D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01"

I expect Metropolitan Police District of Columbia to take appropriate action.

I got this response today:

DC Police (imailagent) <customerservice.mpd2@dc.gov>

2:13 PM (2 hours ago)

To me:

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan Police Department

Looks like NBC and Meet the Press decided to ignore the local DC law and DC police when David Gregory was waiving that 30 round magazine.

T.H.O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Pretty funny. They ask DC police for permission, it's denied, so they go to ATF. Kinda like asking your dad for a bb gun when you mom has already said NO.

Somebody's got som 'splainin yo do.

You can the DCPD brass is pissed at being dissed by cnn and by ATF.

This should be interesting.

Breaking a STUPID law is still breaking the law. They can't have it both ways and they are not above the law. The law needs to be changed not ignored even by the news media!!! How many times has the shoe been on the other foot and the media just writes it off saying it's the law and the other foot should have known better! Who gave him the Magazine and when did they give it to him, as that was another LAW that was broken! How many possessions did this magazine go through before ending up on the news?? What did he do with it after he tried to prove his graphic POINT???? Using the death of these Children for his AGENDA and GAIN??? :angry: How many laws were broke!!! :angry:

Archived