SASS Wire Forum

10 gauge recipes

Come On Christmas

Also has anyone used 777?

P.M. Me please to adhere to The Wire Rules.

I am using Federal preprimed 2 3/4" Hulls. Using Cards and roll crimp. How much shot you reccommend?

Shameless

I broke down some oooold 10g brass shells I acquired a couple years ago and found nearly 3 ounces of "shot" - four layers of four .36 cal round balls, sixteen in all. The wadding in these consisted of newsprint and I got a couple of small portions unfolded without it crumbling to find it dated to 1897.

I use 1 5/16 oz shot in mine (with black powder, of course) - I cut down a 20g plastic hull for a measure, and that's just what it happened to be with no further trimming. I think maybe I'll make up a few 2 or 2 1/2 oz loads for those pesky aerial targets. :lol:

Yeah Jar Bar, I had something similar in mind . . . Fire Retardant Confetti :~>= I bought .7 Nitro Cards for over powder and over shot cards. Like this => Propellent, Nitro Card, Filler, Nitro Card, Shot, Nitro Card, Hot Glue.

My buds at the Shortgrass Rangers range in Oklahoma taught me about using the important paper, Charmin! It's a hoot! Looks like an exploding feather pillow.

Happy Holidays!

Shameless

What is the web site for that outfit in Colorado that makes the milled brass shells? I noticed Track of the Wolf has 10 gauge brass as well.

Shameless

Ewww Cool Look!

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/1210/1/SHOT-SHELL-10-2-58

This is the shorter of two 10 gauge brass shells. Now . . . Scroll down to the 30 caliber decapper and pin. Is that what I be thinking it be for? I already have the pin, but I didna know about the base.

Shameless

Yeah Jar Bar, I had something similar in mind . . . Fire Retardant Confetti :~>= I bought .7 Nitro Cards for over powder and over shot cards. Like this => Propellent, Nitro Card, Filler, Nitro Card, Shot, Nitro Card, Hot Glue.

My buds at the Shortgrass Rangers range in Oklahoma taught me about using the important paper, Charmin! It's a hoot! Looks like an exploding feather pillow.

Happy Holidays!

Shameless

Howdy, say were can a person find that "fire retardant confetti" ???????? I am hope'n you don't have to order it over da internet. I anin't that smart. Course, if'n look'n fer confett for shoot'n out of da 10ga, cann't be too smart anyway. :wacko:/>

Poverty (who likes to have fun) Bill

Howdy, say were can a person find that "fire retardant confetti" ???????? I am hope'n you don't have to order it over da internet. I anin't that smart. Course, if'n look'n fer confett for shoot'n out of da 10ga, cann't be too smart anyway. :wacko:/>/>

Poverty (who likes to have fun) Bill

I have been an event planner and just figured it was available. I did a search and found it on the net. I was gonna go to party city here in Moat City (Dallas).

Shameless

Archived