SASS Wire Forum

Free CCW Teacher Training

The Buckeye Firearms Asociation has announced they will pay for teachers to attend a tactical training school so teachers can deal with the nut cases who would otherwise cause another tragedy.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8694

Sad, as how many states do NOT allow a CCW holder to carry on school grounds.

Ca. is such a state rolleyes.gif

LG

Hummmm!! I know several CCW holders that I would not depend my back to when the crap hit the fan (think Luby Cafeteria situation) !! If you know what I mean.

To be fair, I would just as soon depend on a CCW holder to know what to do rather than the random pick of the draw JOE CITIZEN (Luby Cafeteria situation).

Bottom line,,,, I need to depend on my training, stradigy (sp), skill, knowledge, weapon of choice and so forth. If you are located near me,,,, then you have an advantage....

Blastmaster

Hummmm!! I know several CCW holders that I would not depend my back to when the crap hit the fan (think Luby Cafeteria situation) !! If you know what I mean.

To be fair, I would just as soon depend on a CCW holder to know what to do rather than the random pick of the draw JOE CITIZEN (Luby Cafeteria situation).

Bottom line,,,, I need to depend on my training, stradigy (sp), skill, knowledge, weapon of choice and so forth. If you are located near me,,,, then you have an advantage....

Blastmaster

What are you insinuating? Luby's was a gun-free place so folks left their weapons in their vehicles, obeyed the law and died. Me, personally if I'm carrying concealed, no one has to know.

Blastmaster

Your point is? :blink:

You don't know of my training either.

"If you are located near me,,,, then you have an advantage" YUP, I'll use you to shield ;)

LG

There is no advantage being near you.

Only you know what training you have as a CCW carrier and if you're carrying concealed correctly, no one knows your are.

I will depend on me and my training, not others to protect me, mine and others should the unthinkable happen in my presence.

I will depend on the government. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? :rolleyes:

I don't have any guns. They scare me. ;)

Blastmaster

The Luby's cafeteria situation you keep quoting happened before concealed carry in Texas and was one of the many reasons CCW was passed. Honestly, I'd rather have someone carrying than not, and I'd like it known that teachers carry. It would be a massive deterrent, if nothing else.

Archived