SASS Wire Forum

Favorite cowboy western movie one-liners

Two Spurs

"I told you your life was hangin by a thread."

Who and what movie?

Nobody said it to Henry Fonda in 'My Name is Nobody'.

I like that movie! I saw it after I had already seen the Trinity movies and Lucky Luke, Terence Hill does a good job in those.

I got a couple more.

"Mister, you got a lot of hard bark on you." from Hombre, a great movie full of good one-liners.

and I think my favorite is "You ain't got enough ass in your britches to pull the trigger on Barbarosa."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody said it to Henry Fonda in 'My Name is Nobody'.

I like that movie! I saw it after I had already seen the Trinity movies and Lucky Luke, Terence Hill does a good job in those.

I got a couple more.

"Mister, you got a lot of hard bark on you." from Hombre, a great movie full of good one-liners.

and I think my favorite is "You ain't got enough ass in your britches to pull the trigger on Barbarosa."

I like that one, too!! :lol:

Martha McCandles in "Big Jake":

"We don't have any choice but to give them what they've asked for."

Jebediah Nightlinger in "The Cowboys": [referring to the madam Kate Collingwood's offer of sexual favor] Well, I have the inclination, the maturity, and the wherewithal... but unfortunately, I don't have the time.

"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"

Capt. Woodrow Call when giving Newt a revolver.

I've always liked the line that John Wayne used in "McLintock" when he is explaining to his daughter that he is going to will her a small ranch and some cattle. He explains to her about the love he has for her mother and says something to the effect:

"All the gold in the United States Treasury, and all the harp music in heaven don't compare to what happens between a man and a woman"..... :rolleyes:

:FlagAm: from Paint Your Wagon. "Is .................he .............dead?"

"He better be, I'm burying him!"

LOTS of really good ones and some I had forgotten---One I like but have to paraphrase "I call that mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" Lucky Ned Pepper to Rooster in the John Wayne True Grit.

"Today my jurisdiction stops here! --Silverado

Captain Augustus McCrae: "Besides the whiskey, I think we'll require a little respect!"

Captain Augustus McCrae: "I wonder whatever happened to Wee Willey Montgomery? You didn't have to whack the bartender to get a drink when he owned that saloon!"

Captain Augustus McCrae: "That ain't much of a crime, whackin' a surely bartender!"

Monte Walsh:

"Rudy, you can't have no idea how little I care."

Kinda sums it up at times.......and tied for 1st:

Drago:

"Deevorce is when you pay someone to not live with you"

My apologies in advance in the event I misquoted McClintock, but some of us know what thats all about!

Merry Christmas all-yall!

From my favorite John Wayne movie, The Cowboys.

I don't have the exact wording, But here goes.

The scene...Wil Anderson goes to the local school house to tell the boys he's hiring them for his cattle drive.

"I'm hirin' ya on. Now the only way this works is if you take orders. I'm a man and you're boys...cowBOYS; just like the word says...you're not men...not by a damn sight; and I'm gonna remind ya of it every minute of every day and night."

If God did not want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep.

It's locked!

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

You don't love who you're fighting for, and you don't hate who you're fighting against. Maybe I could learn with your help.

Just a few of many

"I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter."

-Gabby Johnson in, you guessed it, Blazing Saddles again. :lol:/>

"Now who can argue with that? I think we're all in debt to Gabby Johnson for stating what needed to be said. I am particulary glad that these lovely children are here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed the courage little seen in this day and age. "

McClintock!

Drago

"De-vorice...is that where you pay a woman not to live with you?"

GW Mc Clintock

"Yep"

Drago

"Some women I knowed it'd be worth it..."

Tombstone

Wyatt Earp to Ike Clanton

"You die first, get it? Now, your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe!"

Extra credit if you can identify the gun Wyatt was using!

Tombstone

Wyatt Earp to Ike Clanton

"You die first, get it? Now, your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe!"

Extra credit if you can identify the gun Wyatt was using!

1878 Colt DA

I use this one with my boys whenever they are feeling froggy. I have my bluff in on them, hope I don't ever have to prove it!

I'm thirty years older than you are. I had my back broke once, and my hip twice. And on my worst day I could beat the hell out of you.

Wil Anderson.......The Cowboys.

Archived