SASS Wire Forum

Favorite cowboy western movie one-liners

Two Spurs

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No brag. Just fact." Walter Brennan. "The Guns of Will Sonnett."

"There are only two things more beautiful than a good gun. A Swiss watch and a woman from anywhere." Cherry Valance (John Ireland) "Red River" (United Artists - 1948).

Major Payne. :FlagAm:

"I've heard that you're a low-down Yankee liar."

Shane, to Jack Wilson ... SHANE

"That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

"All right now, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife. All his friends. Burn his damn house down."

Now, that's my idea of one serious Bad Man!

Virginian: "How was I to know she was a lady; she was with YOU wasn’t she?"

THE VIRGINIAN

:FlagAm:/>/>/> My signature line. Bonus if you can remember what actor he said it to.

John Bernard Books (John Wayne in his last movie) in the Shootist. One of my favorites of his, especially knowing he was dying when he made it. I think he said it to Lauren Bacall.

I've always been most partial to "The Professionals". Best complete line from Lee Marvin at the end:

Ralph Bellamy: "You Bastard!"

Lee Marvin: "Yes, Sir. In my case an accident of birth. But you, Sir, you're a self-made man." :lol:/>/>

"Who are those guys!?"

Dying ant much of a living Boy !

John Bernard Books (John Wayne in his last movie) in the Shootist. One of my favorites of his, especially knowing he was dying when he made it. I think he said it to Lauren Bacall.

I've always been most partial to "The Professionals". Best complete line from Lee Marvin at the end:

Ralph Bellamy: "You Bastard!"

Lee Marvin: "Yes, Sir. In my case an accident of birth. But you, Sir, you're a self-made man." :lol:/>/>/>

Close. John Bernard said it to Opie (Ron Howard). Don't feel bad. I went to a western reenactors show at San Antonio rodeo once and they asked the audience who said those lines. I was only one who answered. Then I asked the reenactors who John said it to and they were stumped.

Close. John Bernard said it to Opie (Ron Howard). Don't feel bad. I went to a western reenactors show at San Antonio rodeo once and they asked the audience who said those lines. I was only one who answered. Then I asked the reenactors who John said it to and they were stumped.

It was The Duke as John Bernard (J. B.) Books and he said the line to Ron Horward as Gillom Rogers. Oppie was RH's character on The Andy Williams show..

From Quigley down under: "This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Wyatt Earp!"

The line was........ Matthew Quigley: "This ain't Dodge City. And you ain't Bill Hickok".

My favorite is from the remake of Monte Walsh....“Rudy, You can't have no idea how little I care.” ― Tom Selleck as Monte Walsh

What do I gotta do draw you a picture.

John Wayne - Searchers

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway

John Wayne - Searchers

Lotta good lines from Searchers.^_^/>

Waimea

:FlagAm:/>

SaukValley Sam, SASS # 66557, on 23 December 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

It was The Duke as John Bernard (J. B.) Books and he said the line to Ron Horward as Gillom Rogers. Oppie was RH's character on The Andy Williams show..

I thought it was the Andy Griffith show. Ron Howard has been Opie in everything since. Ie Opie Cunningham in Happy Days...

What do I gotta do draw you a picture.

John Wayne - Searchers

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway

John Wayne - Searchers

Lotta good lines from Searchers.^_^/>/>

Waimea

:FlagAm:/>/>

Not just a great line, but one of the best scenes of all time in any type of movie!

All of the above are good most of them great however my all time favorites are from Lonesome Dove and they are

1. When Gus is pinned down and the idiot starts acting like a turkey. Gus adjusts his ladder sight, shoots, then that smile.

2. When Woodrow said "I just cann't abide rudeness in a man". I guess not.

My all time favorite, and one you can live by, was in The Shootist when the Duke says in the film:

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. And I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these to others, and I require the same from them.

Not just a great line, but one of the best scenes of all time in any type of movie!

Obviously we share the same taste in movies.:blush:/>

Sometimes when we don't have a prescribed line to say I will belt out with my impersonation of that line.

Usually takes the TO back a bit. :lol:/>

Waimea

:FlagAm:/>

Archived