SASS Wire Forum

Free ccw classes for teachers

Utah Bob #35998

Most of the teachers and such that I know are bleeding-heart liberals that were not likley brought up shooting anything but their mouths. To properly instruct and empower them would require a significant amount of basic training, concealed training, continued training and some sort of support. Knowing this, I still support hardening our schools so that these wusses do not see them as a great place to carry our their horrific thoughts.

I believe that the answer to this is a complex mixture of hardening targets, enforcing existing laws, increasing attention to mental illness and lots of prayer.

Most of the teachers and such that I know are bleeding-heart liberals that were not likley brought up shooting anything but their mouths. To properly instruct and empower them would require a significant amount of basic training, concealed training, continued training and some sort of support. Knowing this, I still support hardening our schools so that these wusses do not see them as a great place to carry our their horrific thoughts.

I believe that the answer to this is a complex mixture of hardening targets, enforcing existing laws, increasing attention to mental illness and lots of prayer.

We've discussed the liberal mindset of most teachers. But there are exceptions. In this county a lot of the teachers are hunters, only a few are ex hippies. ;) If they are willing to undergo training and carry, I'm all for it. I do think they need a little more than standard ccw training due to the special circumstances of carrying in a school environment.

Oklahoma schools can pass policy that allows certain members of the faculty to carry. They must be named in the policy. As a board member I'm looking into adopting this policy for our school. Our sup't and HS principal are both avid shooters and often practice with the local police chief.

However, I am also a firm believer that additional training will be necessary. I'm looking into possible training sites that offer more than "stand and deliver" on paper targets. I don't think the standard OK conceal carry class is nearly enough.

And I see where 300 college presidents have signed a letter supporting ccw on campuses, AWB, etc.

Saw two of them on CNN awhile ago. One said "Everybody will be safer when these assault weapons "ARE TAKEN OUT OF THE HANDS OF CITIZENS". :angry:

Archived