SASS Wire Forum

Obama, Reid slam brakes on gun control

T. H. O' Sullivan

Darn interesting perspective, Thanks!

It's a ploy, a calculated move, in hopes of defusing the outcry against gun control. By putting it off a little bit, he can do what he does best, hide, manipulate, and be deceptive.

We must be ever vigilant.

I dn't think the brakes have been slammed on at all. His commission will do what he wants and they have a deadline of next month. Not much of a delay. Just shifts the onus off Obama to come up with something (and coming up with somethin isn't his strong suit)

And before you can say Obama, another shooting hits the news.

http://now.msn.com/teen-shoots-and-kills-friend-after-paintball-argument

I am just praying that they figure out this is not about guns before they take them all.

Dogmeat Dad

Maybe its a tactic...to slow the gun sales.

GG

Too late for that. From what I'm hearing, almost everything has been sold in the last few days.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

The only folks you will ever be able to depend on....

Take a look in the mirror... at you and yores. That is all.

As a nation... temporarily... we are doomed.

As a Phoenix rising from the ashes... after we bring everbody else in the world down... we will still be...

THE GREATEST.

63 DAYS...

ts

Too late for that. From what I'm hearing, almost everything has been sold in the last few days.

LOL.....at least I got me a new pistol. Guess I was part of the 'problem' ;)

GG

I suspect this is an attempt at "herding cats." It's an attempt to prevent the more unruly members of the Left from dissipating public support by preventing them from going forward with ill-thought out proposals that would likely fail. If Reid and the President are successful then they will have all their troops marching in step. They will hope that the "reasonableness" of their proposals will cause the opposition to splinter.

SQQ

A much more optimistic way to look at it is that Reid may be getting feedback from pro-gun democratic senators stating that he doesn't have the support.

I think Harry Reid LIKES being the Senate Majority leader and recognizes that if any significant gun control legislation passes, he'll go back to maybe being the Senate Minority leader. Besides Harry Reid has never been, to my knowledge, on the gun control side.

Don't trust any of them, never did

AMEN!

Believe it or not Harry Reid is pro-gun, he'd have to be to be elected a million times in Nevada. I heard he was instrumental in helping to get that big outdoor range built in Nevada. I forget the name of it.

Any Nevada pards know about this??

:) Rye

To my knowledge he has always had an A rating from the NRA up until his last campaign when the NRA backed someone else.

Archived