SASS Wire Forum

jobs that disappear if AWB passed

Trigger Mike

Ruger has over 1200 employees. Smith and Wesson has over 1300. I am not aware of how many are at Colt or Freedom Group(Bushmaster and Remington) . Olin who makes WInchester ammo has over 3500 employees. I am not familiar with how many employees are at Spike's as well as the many other smaller makers of AR-15 rifles, Century Arms who imports gun parts for these as well as builds them, add to that the number the employees needed by the steel industry to make the steel needed for receivers and barrells, the brass for ammo, the lead for bullets, the oil industry and how many employees are needed to help make the plastic parts for the accessories, magpul and surefire and their employees, the chemical companies that help make the powder components, the resulting loss of business for stores and eateries near their plants, the advertising agencies who print adds for ammo or weapons, distributers, web sites who derive income from advertising firearms, paper companies who make targets, box companies who make the boxes for weapons and ammo. the list is far reaching. Does the president and senate and congress really cause a massive rise in unemployment? The resulting increase in unemployment means more deficit, more medicaid cost, more food stamp cost for US. It would mean the unemployment rate in 4 years would still be high and mean that this president will go down in the history books as a failure.

Here's my take on the subject.....I think everyone knows what's at stake here!

No matter how many jobs could be lost you have to remember that something has

to be done! Common sense goes out the window when the Politicians are forced to

do anything constructive! All the information has been collected many times and by

various organizations and colleges and they come up with the same answers, but it

seems to matter not. They just don't want to correct the problem in the best way

possible and they don't want to listen to the citizens of these United States of

America. It's all about who owes what to whom and what can I get in return for my

vote in return.....what a sad way to run this wonderful country!

We the people voted for this additional four years, we have to find a way to make

the politicians understand what we want and this can only be done through writing

letters, E-Mails and phone calls....we have to do this in a timely manner without

going off half cocked (no pun intended). Understand they do know about the problem

and the solution too, but we have to go about it remembering whats at stake! My Mom

once said "you can catch more Elephants with coconuts than you can with a B.B gun"

GOD bless you all and may you all have a happy holiday season!

God bless America :FlagAm:

Quick Draw Grandpa

According to the NSSF there are 98,000 people employed in the firearms industry. No breakdown by company is provided, although numbers are available for publicly traded companies, i.e. Strum Ruger and Smith & Wesson. There was an article published on the 18th on the nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com website written by Tom Curry entitled "Gun control offers no cure-all in America", which has a number of statistics about firearms that is quite interesting.

There may be some loss of jobs but I don't think it will be as many as expected. If the AWB is enacted and it stays the same as the last time, all the manufacturer will have to do is reconfigure the gun with a non folding stock,smaller magazine,no flash suppressor or bayonet lug and they will be able to sell the gun. The demand will still be there for the SPORTING RIFLE'S. After all, that's what they are now.

There may be some loss of jobs but I don't think it will be as many as expected. If the AWB is enacted and it stays the same as the last time, all the manufacturer will have to do is reconfigure the gun with a non folding stock,smaller magazine,no flash suppressor or bayonet lug and they will be able to sell the gun. The demand will still be there for the SPORTING RIFLE'S. After all, that's what they are now.

I doubt the same AWB will be put through. The antis are well aware of the loopholes that allowed manufacturers tio make essentially the same gun without much problem. I think they'll come up with a worse one. They'll have to get it through congress but I'm seeing pro gun politicians caving in. Argument now is "We know it won't stop killings completely, but if it saves the life of just one innocent child...." :angry:/> They make me sick.

Yes, but, how long until our sporting rifles are called sniper rifles and, subsequently banned?

That is the problem.

American education has been hijacked such that most are taught that the Second Amendment is valid only for the purpose of a Militia, or hunting (sporting). Very rarely are the true purposes behind the Second Amendment taught or mentioned in the press.

The left has co-opted our educational system and the press. We need to refocus on this for the long haul.

Archived