SASS Wire Forum

Why doesn't SASS.......

I WAS an NRA member for over 20 years.Got my renewal form,mailed it in with a check.3 months later I still hadn't gotten my member package or American Rifleman.Call NRA and was told it was because I hadn't renewed my membership.I told them I had and got out my cancelled checks( tells you how long ago that was).Found the cancelled check and told them the check number and what date it showed it was deposited on.The moron on the other end said well our computer doesn't show you renewed it,so you didn't.I offered to make a copy of the cancelled check and mail it to them.He said it won't make any difference since our computer says you didn't.BUT he says we can take your credit card info and renew it over the phone if you'd like.At that point I asked him if he thought I had stupid written on my forehead.Why would I pay him again for something I had already paid for and had proof of?Told em to stick their computer where the sun doesn't shine and never send me another renewal form.They lost a 20+ year member on that day.I know the NRA does a lot of good,but screw me once shame on you,because you don't get the chance to do it twice.

I WAS an NRA member for over 20 years.Got my renewal form,mailed it in with a check.3 months later I still hadn't gotten my member package or American Rifleman.Call NRA and was told it was because I hadn't renewed my membership.I told them I had and got out my cancelled checks( tells you how long ago that was).Found the cancelled check and told them the check number and what date it showed it was deposited on.The moron on the other end said well our computer doesn't show you renewed it,so you didn't.I offered to make a copy of the cancelled check and mail it to them.He said it won't make any difference since our computer says you didn't.BUT he says we can take your credit card info and renew it over the phone if you'd like.At that point I asked him if he thought I had stupid written on my forehead.Why would I pay him again for something I had already paid for and had proof of?Told em to stick their computer where the sun doesn't shine and never send me another renewal form.They lost a 20+ year member on that day.I know the NRA does a lot of good,but screw me once shame on you,because you don't get the chance to do it twice.

Charlie,

You got one major, incompetent maroon on one day, and I'd have been pissed, too. Please don't give up on the whole operation- overall they have the weight and membership backing to have great influence inside the WDC Beltway.

Heck, I was so pissed at them two years ago for their bonehead deal on the "Disclosure" bill that I'd didn't contribute anything and wrote to them twice. I watched the rest of the year, they do a lot of good for us, daily. I support them strongly again.

Please give it another shot - ask for a supervisor if you get the runaround again.

Merry Christmas,

Harvey

NRA Life Endowment Member

Charlie, I think maybe you threw the baby out with the bathwater. Nobody's perfect.

'Cept my wife.

;)

Like others, I have a problem with requiring membership. I say no. Personal choice.....

But, for those who don't want to join or support the NRA, just remember that they fight for your rights as a gun owner too. When they are sucessful in getting bad policies changed, or fighting oppressive laws, or educating the public, you reap the benefits as much as card carrying members.

Just sayin'.

+1 Happened to me in the early 80's....NOT getting burned again

DD

Sour Kraut and I are both members. :FlagAm:

They're not perfect and I don't like everything the do but, I figure the U.S. budget will get balanced before any PERFECT organizations come along. Looking at the big picture (literally), name one other organization that got national media coverage after the CT shooting and spoke out on OUR side of the issue. Also, name one other pro-gun organization that is mercilessly attacked every time some bad happens that involves a gun. Seems to me that if your enemies hate you, you're doing something right. ;)

I've been a little peeved with the NRA on occasion but to not support them because of it is just not right. Who else is going to carry the water for every gun owner in America and now days boys and girls we had all better donate to them until it hurts. The coming battle is going to be very costly and if we lose a large number of us are likely to become criminals overnight.

Archived