SASS Wire Forum

Why doesn't SASS.......

Lumpy, I say no for several reasons.

1 - Many are already NRA members, the benefit to the NRA wouldn't be enough to justify the time and expense to enforce it.

2 - Time and expense to enforce it, many folks are year to year members of SASS and or the NRA, it would be a big hassle to check when doing each membership and renewal.

3 - Like others, it turns me off when someone tells me what I must do, if I choose to join an organization, I don't want to be told that I have to join another one first. One thing that turned me off of another shooting sport was that they required membership in their national organization after shooting only a couple of matches. Many (most?) cowboy clubs don't require SASS membership for monthly matches, just annual and above.

Simmer down guys. The current situation has us at each other's throats. It was just a suggestion.

I say no.

Howdy:

While I can appreciate not wanting to do anything I am told to do, I can not see encouraging one to be a member of the NRA as either odious or burdensome. I can and generally will comply with a gentle suggestion. I do not like demands of any kind. YMMV. JMHO.

STL Suomi

Howdy:

While I can appreciate not wanting to do anything I am told to do, I can not see encouraging one to be a member of the NRA as either odious or burdensome. I can and generally will comply with a gentle suggestion. I do not like demands of any kind. YMMV. JMHO.

STL Suomi

Suggestion is fine, strongly urge is fine, require would rub me the wrong way, that's all I'm sayin.

And for what it's worth, I'm a life member of the NRA.

I don't agree with "requiring" NRA membership,

BUT, why does anyone who enjoys shooting sports not a member?

You don't agree with everything the NRA does?

SO, neither do I, but I became a Life Member years ago because the NRA is the main reason you still have the ability to own firearms.

JMHO :P

Require NRA membership to join SASS for USA members?

Don't make no sense to me!

What say you, Wild Bunch?

What say you, SASS membership?

LG

In da clubs I shoot at, dey do require NRA membership !

An I'm a proud life Member two boot .

My local Game and Fish Association requires NRA membership to be a member. They have a waiting list to become a member. IMHO I don't think SASS has the ability or man power currently in house to attempt something like this and it may even lead to SASS losing members.

Don't forget not all SASS members are in the US Pards.

We don't have the NRA active here in Canada and I don't think the NRA constitution allows it to act outside the US although we can be members.

Here in Canada, we have the Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) and it's legislative wing, the Canadian Institute for Legislative Action (CILA), as well as the National Firearms association (NFA.

Range memberships, in Canada, normaly require membership in one or the other.

Not sure what the regs are in France, Germany, Australia etc.

SASS is too business savvy to require NRA membership, that might turn off a few new shooters and in case you didn't realize SASS in in this to make money! I don't blame them for that.

:) Rye

Don't forget not all SASS members are in the US Pards.

We don't have the NRA active here in Canada and I don't think the NRA constitution allows it to act outside the US although we can be members.

Here in Canada, we have the Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) and it's legislative wing, the Canadian Institute for Legislative Action (CILA), as well as the National Firearms association (NFA.

Range memberships, in Canada, normaly require membership in one or the other.

Not sure what the regs are in France, Germany, Australia etc.

Re read da post agin, Cold Lake .

I've been an NRA Life member for a few decades now.

Although SASS and NRA are sorta parallels, they aren't tied together. It should stay up to the individuals to join one or the other or both.

And that's my thought on this subject,

Barry Sloe

Here in Australia Single Action shooting is licenced to us through the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia by SASS.

The Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (SSAA) is similar to your NRA, and they have close ties.

To participate above club level here one must be a member of Single Action Shooting Australia (SASA) one must also be a member of SSAA; but one does not NEED to be a member of SASS, unless one wishes to participate overseas or one just "wants to".

Wallaby Jack

SASS # 44062

SASA # 2729

SSAA # 573

:unsure:/>/>/>

No thanks. Even afterrequesting to be taken off the fund raiser list I was still getting mail at least once a month asking for donations. Called every month and asked to be taken off the list, it's a waste of my membership money. Well they stopped once my membership expired. They called to have me sign up again, told them no and why. If I'm required to be a member for SASS membership, then there is some more money I'll save every year.

Could be an Insurance issue? :FlagAm:

Vietnam Vet. One reason I was there was to fight for my right to choose.

Reason we buy guns is so people like you can't take those rights away.

To even suggest we be forced to join an organization is like a slap in the face.

Next I guess you are going to tell me what religion I need to be or what I have to believe in or which way I have to vote.

I DON'T think so!!!!!!!!

Just my two angry cents.

Vietnam Vet. One reason I was there was to fight for my right to choose.

Reason we buy guns is so people like you can't take those rights away.

To even suggest we be forced to join an organization is like a slap in the face.

Next I guess you are going to tell me what religion I need to be or what I have to believe in or which way I have to vote.

I DON'T think so!!!!!!!!

Just my two angry cents.

People like who?

If you as a member do not want any mailings from the NRA...SIMPLY ask them to stop...you can do it on the NRA web site. My wife and I are Benefactors and don't get mailings except for magazines simply because we chose the option not to receive mailings.

As the membership secretary for our state NRA...our membership applications have exploded in the past two weeks.

Suggest yes, require no. As others have said, while I don't agree withy everything the NRA does, they have consistent worked for us in too may areas.

Life member since the early 70's. Current Endowment member.

Suggest yes, require no. As others have said, while I don't agree withy everything the NRA does, they have consistent worked for us in too may areas.

Life member since the early 70's. Current Endowment member.

======================================================

I've been an NRA member since '66 and a Life Member since '75. That was the best $150 I ever spent.

Offer discounted NRA memberships if SASS member. Offer discounted SASS memberships if NRA member. ??????????

EDIT: Price kept me out of SASS for my first 8 years of CAS. Only joined finally to be able to compete in the next State match. Then I found out what a good org. it is. A discount would have got me in from the beginning I believe.

No thanks. Even afterrequesting to be taken off the fund raiser list I was still getting mail at least once a month asking for donations. Called every month and asked to be taken off the list, it's a waste of my membership money. Well they stopped once my membership expired. They called to have me sign up again, told them no and why. If I'm required to be a member for SASS membership, then there is some more money I'll save every year.

Hey Blasted whats a matter ya got no wastebasket at home? No caller id? The NRA is the biggest friend we have!

:) Rye

Archived