SASS Wire Forum

Gun Show "Loophole" question

Long Branch Louie

The sheep comment was not helpful to a rational and polite discussion.

It was no big deal - we all are on edge and sometimes comments from some folks aren't as helpful either.

Anyway, there are plenty of forums to discuss this - maybe over in the Saloon - who knows. I am poing take a page from Deuce's comment in another thread and get back to discussing CAS/SASS on the Wire....the Saloon...that's a wee bit different.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Closing the gun show loophole" is code for all kinds of stupidity. If they opened up the NICS system for private transfers and required you to do the check before you handed over the gun, it wouldn't be a big deal. Personally, I would do checks on the few private sales I do if the option were open to me.

But...and its a big one...they don't really want to do background checks, they want to stop people from buying guns.

Also, as someone who has had an FFL, owned and managed gun stores. Under current law, someone who is regularly selling guns at gun shows without an FFL is already in violation of Federal law. I have seen the ATF at shows giving formal warnings to non-licensed sellers who regularly come and sell to apply for an FFL or face charges.

However...this is all pointless because NONE OF THE GUNS USED IN THIS SHOOTING WERE PURCHASED IN A FACE TO FACE PURCHASE! So "closing the gun show loophole" would not have prevented it.

Utah Bob #35998, on 22 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

The sheep comment was not helpful to a rational and polite discussion.

Gunner Gatlin, SASS # 10274 - said:

It was no big deal - we all are on edge and sometimes comments from some folks aren't as helpful either.

Anyway, there are plenty of forums to discuss this - maybe over in the Saloon - who knows. I am poing take a page from Deuce's comment in another thread and get back to discussing CAS/SASS on the Wire....the Saloon...that's a wee bit different.

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

“Well … it is a big deal Mrs. Lanza … and it isn’t the first time we have seen that kind of behavior from Adam.”

I wonder how many times she heard that and tried to gloss over it too.

It's hard to even talk about this sort of thing isn't it??

Everyone just wants it to go away and act like everything is OK.

Is this how we got here in the first place??

I apologize in advance for even having to post something like this ... but you can't look away all the time ... can you??

Patagonia Pete

“Well … it is a big deal Mrs. Lanza … and it isn’t the first time we have seen that kind of behavior from Adam.”

I wonder how many times she heard that and tried to gloss over it too.

It's hard to even talk about this sort of thing isn't it??

Everyone just wants it to go away and act like everything is OK.

Is this how we got here in the first place??

I apologize in advance for even having to post something like this ... but you can't look away all the time ... can you??

Patagonia Pete

?....obviously you didn't understand my post. A Wire phenomenon. LOL.

GG

You do all realize that to close the "Gun Show Loophole" The intent by law is to ban ALL private firearms sales right? That is the actual idea...

With that knowledge I hope the cocept changes for those that thought they were only going to prevent transfers in Gun Show Parking lots...You have bought into the propaganda without checking the details...

DONT YOU All understand,they cant do it, they cant pass a law like that, they dont have the power otherwise they would have done it.

The seat beltlaw is illegal,they do not have the authority so they talked people into it.

THOSE POWERS NOT GIVEN TO THE GOVT BELONG TO THE PEOPLE. WHERE DOES IT SAY IN THE CONSTITUTION THEY, THE GOVT HAS THE RIGHT OR POWER TO TELL US WHAT WE CAN BUY OR SELL.

The atf does not have any power to make a law. It is written some where in the law no one can pass a law banning ammunition or whats used to make it.

Archived