SASS Wire Forum

My favorite Wire Pards of 2012

Widder, SASS #59054

Widder; Thanks for including me in your group. I love you all from A Jack to Wyatt. You all have your moments. Utah Bob always gives his slant as does Phantom and Chuckaroo. When you have top shooters piping in like Duece and Possum and ocassionally Gene P....it always keeps us hopin. As Doc S said you all add to this great forum and provide insight as well as food for thought.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year....hope to see you'all at the Siege in FLorida.

KK

Alright, I'll take off my joker's hat for just a moment and be serious. Widder, I need to appologize to you because I'm going to take a slightly different slant on your thread and list SOME of the folks that have been the greatest help in my improvement in CAS. I can't list my favorite Wire Pards because I really have enjoyed everybody here. (Some in rather odd ways but, that would be a whole different thread.)

First and foremost has to be my good friend Madd Mike. Mike has worked with me since the very beginning and has helped improve not just my shooting but, the entire way I look at a stage.

A close second would be another good friend, Creeker. Most of you don't know this but, Creeker was a DARN good Duelist. Probably kick my butt if he ever decided to give up that Gunfighter nonsense and come back to the coolest category. :P/> Creeker was the very firest person to show me how much time I could save by improving transitions. But his biggest contribution to my improvement has been showing me better ways to look at how a stage can be shot. It's because of Creeker's influence that I LOVE stages that provide shooters with lots of options. That shows in the way I write stages too.

The rest (In no particular order):

Ace of Hearts. When I firest started CAS, Ace provided me with a good solid foundation of how to shoot cowboy stages. And as with any other structure, it's that good foundation that's allowed me to improve.

Just Ace. I don't know if Just Ace ever reads this Wire but, he's been a source of inspiration from the very beginning. He was the reigning Nevada State champion when I started. I was in absolute awe that the reigning champion would not only be willing, but EAGER to help me improve my game. I was his competition and he still tried to help me get better. After four long years of blood sweat and tears I finally put it all together for 12 stages and managed to beat him. He was the very first person to jump up and shake my hand. I've since found out, that's simply The Cowboy Way. I hope I can live up to the standard Just Ace has set.

ANYONE and EVERYONE who's responded to one of my "How do I get faster" threads, especially Doc Shapiro. As it is with Just Ace, everybody seems to be not only willing but EAGER to help folks get better. I can't tell you what a joy that is compared to the shooting disciplines I came from. I singled Doc out because his responses to my threads are always incredibly well thought out and continually highlight areas for improvement that I didn't even know existed.

I'm in this game because I like to compete. Competition is how I have fun. The better I do, the more fun I have. But when I say the better I do, I don't necessarily mean how high I place. I mean how well I perform. If I shoot a match to the very best of my ability I don't care if I come in dead last, I didn't beat myself. That is fun! That's why I play this game. And that's why I can't ever thank the folks here enough.

I came for the shooting..............I'm staying for the people. ;)/>

Archived