SASS Wire Forum

My favorite Wire Pards of 2012

Widder, SASS #59054

I got my favorites and yet, I'll probably forget a couple of them while typing this Post.

Anyhow, here are some of my favorite Wire posters during this year that I always enjoy their comments whether we agreed or not, etc...

In no particular order:

Manatee: quick witted and to the point. I would not want to get into a 'Point/Counter Point' discussion with him. He's sharp and well versed.

Phantom: livens up the wire with his warmth and congenial conversation.

Allie Mo: really a sharp, and yet humble, Wire pard. She makes great efforts in sharing good info.

Adirondack Jack: Very knowlegeable. He and Driftwood are the 'Go To' Pards when it comes to alot of our topics.

Driftwood Johnson: A seemingly Encyclopedia on very pertinent Wire topics.

Oddnews: I rarely agree with him but he is very respectful of other views.

Brother King: he seems to have alot to share and little time to share it all.

Korupt(able) Karl: Ain't NOBODY equal to him when it comes to enjoyable post with humor. He can take a 'jab' better than anyone and in real life, he is trully a gem of a person. He loves the game and he loves the people and some of that is reflected in his post.

There are others but I'm gona leave some space open for other Pards to list their favorites.

p.s. - I hope somebody list PWB cause I think he is a favorite of everyone.

..........Widder

Be sure not to leave off:

Larsen E Pettifogger

Johnny Meadows

Boggus Deal

Adirondack Jack

Lefty Dude

Deuce Stevens

Jabez Cowboy

and a great resource who rarely gets a big enough tip of the ole sombrero - Birdshot

There are many, but any such list should include Utah Bob.

I always look forward to Hawkeye Gin's posts, and Jed I Knights too as they often have entertaining videos linked in them.

Marauder's post are always a must read for me.

I enjoy seeing posts from the top shooters like Deuce, Bud, etc. they give a view from a champions perspective.

So many more....

I hear ya on a couple on your list Widder :lol:/>/> ...some of the others :wacko:/>/>

Colonel Dan : always speaks the truth.

:P/>/>

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>/>

It would be much easier for me to list my least favorites, for the list consists of only a few!! Happy Holidays everyone!!

Like others, it'd be far easier to list the least favorite pards. The list would be few and listing them wouldn't be right. So........

Widder himself: Always polite, helpful and with a kind word.

Garrison Joe: Very informative and extremely helpful with darn near everything.

Utah Bob: Everything about him and his subtle humor.

Allie Mo: Sure we've had some rifts, I value her opinion.

Santa Fe River Stan: Sure, I shoot with him all the time but he takes the time to give the "little" details and has a great sense of humor.

Brother King: Another one that I've had a rift or two with. Always states his position with conviction and whose opinion I respect.

EE Taft: Straight from the heart.

Pale Wolf Brunnell: Takes the time to answer all questions, no matter how obvious or inane.

Marauder: Not only one of the most helpful websites but a man with great insight.

The Moderators: Rarely heard from but always there. Thanks for putting up with me.

That's my top ten. In all, I appreciate all of the folks on the Wire and Saloon. Thanks to all who post, keeps me on my feet. ;)

CS

Utah Bob - cause he's The Man!

PWB - cause there ain't nothing he don't know about the rules.

Buck D. Law - there's gotta be SOMETHING good about him, cause Sugah let's him be her Gun Boy! :o

Col. J. Mark Flint - a wicked sense of humor :D , and a good Pard

Cherokee Charlie - A damn fine friend and World Champion midget wrassler

Grizzly Dave - came out of nowhere, now I don't miss any of his posts

Calico Mary - She's funny. Another one whose posts I never miss.

Allie Mo (no "e") - Always to the point - smart and funny

Probably about twenty or so more, but I'm in the local ER with a sick wife and tired, so i'll stop here.

I gotz a few of meownself...........in no uncertain order..........

Grizzley Dave......best pizza in town and I don't even like pizza !

Calico Mary.........like da way we bandy thins' bout.

Whiskey Business..... as country as I've ever had ta pleasure of talkin' to !

EE Taft......brother, yur one of a kind. True cowboy !

Badger Mountain Charlie........ya gotz tonz of tofo !

Long Branch Louie....A down home cowboy. Tanks fer puttin' together da practice match in 2010 ( I tank )

Ifin' I left y'all out fer any reason.................................

Well......I'm happy to hear I can still touch a heart or two!

:blush:/>/>

There are many that would top my list..........heck, Phantom and I are even getting along here lately! :lol:/>/> :lol:/>/> :lol:/>/>

Hawk.....Same to ya, Brother.

I'd have to list a few in no particular order.

Utah Bob......Pome master! Wise man!

Calico Mary......I ain't sure what to say about her! :lol:/>/>

Grizz.....Who else could pull off the Santa Claus look like that?

Cherokee Charlie...Friend and great Yoda of the leather maker's world! :P/>/>

BMC......who can't like him?.....and his tofu?

Blackwater Desperado.....musicians gotta stick together.

Professor Tull.....When he called me about some leather tools he had, it opened a door to his kindness....he's sent me music and been a constant Pard over the past 6 months or so....Thank ya, Sir.

Calamity Kris.........Fer anyone that wants to see one tough gal!....Look up tough in the dictionary, you'll she her picture!

Cypress Sun.......anyone who'll list me as a Wire favorite should be on my list too!.....Thanks CS...I aim to please!

......Dang!!! I'm missin' about 20 or 30 at least!

Aaawww, Bama Hawk and EE are makin' me blush :blush: Thanks you guys, you're so sweet :)

My list is by no means complete, but it's early and the coffee ain't kicked in yet:

Grizzly Dave-a true friend, not only in the Saloon but in real life

EE Taft-for showing me what the word "generosity" means

Apache Hawk-for making me laugh and for being only a PM away when I need a friend

Utah Bob-for the honor and respect he always shows to those who serve our country, God bless him!

Calamity Kris-for reaching out a hand in friendship to the new girl in the Saloon

Black Harris-for enforcing the rules when necessary, but also for understanding there's times when it's just the right thing for a cowboy to do to look the other way

And a whole bunch of other Saloonatics-Okie, BMC, Blackwater, CB, Bama, Whiskey, Caliope, GG, and others-who have made me feel welcome, made me laugh, and gave me a bunch of shoulders to cry on

Thank you all!

Aaawww, Bama Hawk and EE are makin' me blush :blush:/> Thanks you guys, you're so sweet :)/>

My list is by no means complete, but it's early and the coffee ain't kicked in yet:

Grizzly Dave-a true friend, not only in the Saloon but in real life

EE Taft-for showing me what the word "generosity" means

Apache Hawk-for making me laugh and for being only a PM away when I need a friend

Utah Bob-for the honor and respect he always shows to those who serve our country, God bless him!

Calamity Kris-for reaching out a hand in friendship to the new girl in the Saloon

Black Harris-for enforcing the rules when necessary, but also for understanding there's times when it's just the right thing for a cowboy to do to look the other way

And a whole bunch of other Saloonatics-Okie, BMC, Blackwater, CB, Bama, Whiskey, Caliope, GG, and others-who have made me feel welcome, made me laugh, and gave me a bunch of shoulders to cry on

Thank you all!

:) Thanks for the kudos Calico Mary...Merry Christmas to ya.....

Made my day...and it's just startin'

GG

Warmth is my middle name...

Lot's of folks that I enjoy reading...Griff's posts are usually full of good info...just a little...wordeeee :rolleyes:

Widder is always nice ;)

A couple that don't post here much anymore - BJT and Bud. Love logic...love their posts.

Cheers!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

I almost forgot all the ladies! :wub:

Calico Mary and Painted Filly - great gals and always have a hug ready for even me. I have the pleasure of shooting with them fairly often, so it's natural that they're my favorites! :wub:

All of the gals can teach us all something about guts and courage.

Coliape Cupcake, Kalamity Kris, Easy Emily (formerly known as Merry Meg), and countless others. 2012 has dealt each of them a bum hand, but they have faced it with dignity, grace, and courage. When life gives them lemons, they make lemonade. While not a lady, Subdeacon Joe would also fit in this category.

Allie Mo is a sweet lady but never afraid to let you know what she thinks.

All my Saloon (ACS) pards, Apache Hawk, EE Taft, Blackwater Desparado, Chickasaw Bill, Badger Mountain Charlie, and all the rest.

And on a local level, all the pards I shoot with, but particularly Gateway Kid, Kiowa Kid, G W Ryder, Wolf Bane and Indiana Jackson, and the rest. The list is longer than that, but those are the ones who get on the wire. While much more competitive than I am, they always have the time to help out a friend.

I knew I forgot some......

GG.......Now, he's from the heart.

Painted Filly.....How could I forget her!??! :blink:

Allie Mo.......Auntie Allie...... :)

Easy Emily.........The other EE :lol:

Sure have missed ol' Greeenriver!

Many others missed......my rememberer don't work so hot.....gittin' old I guess. -_-

If I missed anyone that would like me to list them (or feel I should list them) call me up, PM me, or come to Misery and put yer boot in my a$$ and say "Whay were you thinkin'????......forgettin' me like that!.......you son of a @%!!!!"

:lol:

~EE~

I knew I forgot some......

GG.......Now, he's from the heart.

Painted Filly.....How could I forget her!??! :blink:/>

Allie Mo.......Auntie Allie...... :)/>

Easy Emily.........The other EE :lol:/>

Sure have missed ol' Greeenriver!

Many others missed......my rememberer don't work so hot.....gittin' old I guess. -_-/>

If I missed anyone that would like me to list them (or feel I should list them) call me up, PM me, or come to Misery and put yer boot in my a$$ and say "Whay were you thinkin'????......forgettin' me like that!.......you son of a @%!!!!"

:lol:/>

~EE~

You're a cool cat yourself EE....and I miss Greeenriver too...

GG

Actually DOC, you a a few others have been my favorites for many years.

I left alot of names off my OP because I figured others would list you, BJT, Bud, Griff, Rocky, Possum, Max, and the list truly goes on and on.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

..........Widder

Just like Chief Dan George in "Little Big Man" after he'd gone blind, walking out amongest the Cavalry shootin' everyone yelling

" I'm invisible" Just sayin'

Jake

Archived